[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Critical Dmg nebulites? what?

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

gamechanger

PieRei
    PieRei said:

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th
    Uhm.. there's no Critical Damage nebulites. maybe he ment to Potentials?
    You didn't read this correctly. Any item that had critical damage stats and a Neb on it were bugged. He never said that there were critical damage nebs.
    the part that is confusing people is the "We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites" part

they could be talking about Decent SE nebs as they are the only nebs released that gave % crit boosts

I agree that it was worded poorly, but I honestly think its exactly what it sounds like. The bug, from my understanding, was causing nebs to give massive amounts of critical damage if they were used on an equip with that potential line, so the bug fix will just be removing that unintended effect from the nebs. Making them function exactly as they should be functioning.

To me that is what it sounds like, nothing more nothing less. They are removing a stat that nebs were accidentally giving
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

Catooolooo

gamechanger

PieRei
    PieRei said:

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th
    Uhm.. there's no Critical Damage nebulites. maybe he ment to Potentials?
    You didn't read this correctly. Any item that had critical damage stats and a Neb on it were bugged. He never said that there were critical damage nebs.
    the part that is confusing people is the "We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites" part

they could be talking about Decent SE nebs as they are the only nebs released that gave % crit boosts
    I agree that it was worded poorly, but I honestly think its exactly what it sounds like. The bug, from my understanding, was causing nebs to give massive amounts of critical damage if they were used on an equip with that potential line, so the bug fix will just be removing that unintended effect from the nebs. Making them function exactly as they should be functioning.

To me that is what it sounds like, nothing more nothing less. They are removing a stat that nebs were accidentally giving

It reminded me of the Magic Attack bug of a few years back (around the same time Phantom came out) where all magic attacks did max damage regardless of the skill due to a formula / effect that was changed after a maintenance. Either way, I'm glad it's resolved (and to those that got to enjoy it, cheers). I was busy around the time the game came up prior.