[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

frenzy totem

PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
Reactions: 2,140
edited December 2016 in General Chat
imagine the shockimg news, frenzy totem is in marvel, so it wasn't just a one time sale in philosopher books and was even more obviously the reason kishin was nerfed, as if that wasn't painfully obvious then

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    It's only going to get worse. I just pray they don't add the lvl200 gear into marvel or books. That would be absolutely disgusting. Boss gear should have never made it into marvel in the first place.
    PlasticHolly
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

It's only going to get worse. I just pray they don't add the lvl200 gear into marvel or books. That would be absolutely disgusting. Boss gear should have never made it into marvel in the first place.
    agreed, this is the very definition of pay to win, you dont even have to know how to fight the bosses in order to get the rewards much less beat them, just buy a lottery ticket or 50 and hope for the best

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Yeah hopefully someday Nexon will get bought out by a company that actually cares about its players, rather than the futile attempt to try and milk largely non-existent whales for all their worth.
    if a company ever would do that it would be even worse than the actual 1
    think gms atm is most pay2win server of all maple versions (cofcof neb sys instead of flames, untrad nx ...)
  • BanksBanks
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Yeah hopefully someday Nexon will get bought out by a company that actually cares about its players, rather than the futile attempt to try and milk largely non-existent whales for all their worth.
    If you are assuming that the player base are whales to be milked then you are surely wrong. Nexon, while may not be the best company in your opinion, tries their best for their players. I think some leeway should be given.
  • serveyou123serveyou123
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    With all the money they gained from people trying to get this Totem, but they still can't hired smart enough programmers to get this new patch job done!!!
  • BanksBanks
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    serveyou123

With all the money they gained from people trying to get this Totem, but they still can't hired smart enough programmers to get this new patch job done!!!
    Insulting the programmers gets you and the company no where.
    Please be patient with Nexon and their efforts to fix the servers.

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Banks
    Banks said:

serveyou123

Are you new to Maple that you seem so oblivious to the facts? I've read a lot of your posts recently and either you're an undercover nexon employee or someone who is not familiar to how Nexon operates.
    Deathmobs
  • BanksBanks
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Banks
    Banks said:

serveyou123

Are you new to Maple that you seem so oblivious to the facts? I've read a lot of your posts recently and either you're an undercover nexon employee or someone who is not familiar to how Nexon operates.
    "Undercover Nexon employee"

Thanks for the promotion.

"someone who is not familiar to how Nexon operates"

I'm fully aware of how Nexon operates and I'm sure you are too. However, insulting individuals as quoted many times on several different threads is not tolerated for any reason. You wouldn't insult someone in real life, you would give constructive feedback. I'm simply just trying to lay out that bashing a company will get you no where. Nexon is attempting to fix what is broken.
    The Blue Corsair
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    Banks
    Banks said:

forumsareannoying

Banks
    Banks said:

serveyou123

"Undercover Nexon employee"

Thanks for the promotion.

"someone who is not familiar to how Nexon operates"

I'm fully aware of how Nexon operates and I'm sure you are too. However, insulting individuals as quoted many times on several different threads is not tolerated for any reason. You wouldn't insult someone in real life, you would give constructive feedback. I'm simply just trying to lay out that bashing a company will get you no where. Nexon is attempting to fix what is broken.
    This. This a million times.

There is a LOT that goes into managing and running a large scale game like MapleStory, and a codebase that takes months to master and understand how it works. While there were issues with the critical changes, they were very quickly spotted and resolved. With this downtime, it's merely working hard to better the servers running the game which does nothing but improve the experience for all maplers.

Complaining does express how you feel about downtimes or issues with MapleStory, but it doesn't positively influence or speak up about it in a manner that will actually be heard. Constructive criticism, constructive feedback, and detailed responses as to why you feel someway are what will make a difference, and what has made a difference when maplers work together.
    Banks
    edited December 2016
    you all are derailing this thread, it's not about the downtime, or the appropriate way to criticize nexon, It was specially about the obvious reason kishin was nerfed even though we got misleading and non genuine reasons at the time which is now evident by the fact they have moved that as one of their new top chase items in their biggest cash cow the marvel machine
  • BanksBanks
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

you all are derailing this thread, it's not about the downtime, or the appropriate way to criticize nexon, It was specially about the obvious reason kishin was nerfed even though we got misleading and non genuine reasons at the time which is now evident by the fact they have moved that as one of their new top chase items in their biggest cash cow the marvel machine
    Relating this back to the topic. What do you consider the real reason for Kishin to be nerfed? Additionally, if you are quoting Nexon on saying these frenzy totems are a one time then, then I hope you will quote every other time they have said that and shown how later down the road it is realesed again. Nothing, maybe not nothing, but most things are not a one time thing.

While some argue that the marvel machine is a cashcow, I would refute by saying, if the marvel machine is a cash cow, then what is the cashshop?
    "Well the cashshop you can buy nx"
    The marvel machine is your choice if you want the item, considering that one thing as a cash cow is kind of silly in my opinion.

However, I do see the view point you are coming from.

edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

@PlasticHolly I know :/ Do you know how much money Nexon has made and will continue to make thanks to Frenzy Totems? They do not care if we think it's messed up that they intentionally nerfed Kanna's in order to FORCE players to have to pay real life money to obtain the best training method. How do you defend THAT @Banks ? You claim that Nexon employees work super hard and I'm sure they do. But those who call the shots are always considering money first. And if you dare say it's not true, then you clearly have no knowledge on how they operate. Sure, they have implemented things that we have asked for, but only because they're smart enough to know that you can't just take and take without giving. Please... I've had enough of you defending Nexon after all the shady things they've done, continue to do, and will continue to do. We're all forced to accept how things are since we accepted the ToS but that does NOT mean we have to kiss their ass and show false gratitude.
    Banks
    Banks said:

Additionally, if you are quoting Nexon on saying these frenzy totems are a one time then, then I hope you will quote every other time they have said that and shown how later down the road it is realesed again. Nothing, maybe not nothing, but most things are not a one time thing.

Violet Cubes. And White Cubes will follow.
  • CactrotCactrot
    Reactions: 565
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

Kishin and Frenzy are comparable, and Frenzy is much harder to get. With the rates from the last book, you were better off buying a 2nd laptop and grinding up a Kanna than you were trying for a Frenzy.
    edited December 2016
    Banks
    Banks said:

PlasticHolly

Relating this back to the topic. What do you consider the real reason for Kishin to be nerfed? Additionally, if you are quoting Nexon on saying these frenzy totems are a one time then, then I hope you will quote every other time they have said that and shown how later down the road it is realesed again. Nothing, maybe not nothing, but most things are not a one time thing.

While some argue that the marvel machine is a cashcow, I would refute by saying, if the marvel machine is a cash cow, then what is the cashshop?
    "Well the cashshop you can buy nx"
    The marvel machine is your choice if you want the item, considering that one thing as a cash cow is kind of silly in my opinion.

However, I do see the view point you are coming from.

the main point isn't that it was stated as one time item, the main point is it when kishin was nerfed we brought up that it was for the primary reason to encourage sales of the frenzy totem or more accurately sales at a chance at the frenzy totem and all the reasons nexon gave for the nerf to kishin ignored this fact even though coincidentally it was introduced in the same time period.. now a few months down the road after the outcry has died down it's once again in their gambling system to once again increase sales while chasing this item, and of course the cash shop is a cash cow, no one said otherwise, however had nexon stuck with their original vow of never allowing power to be purchased via the cash shop no one would have ever cared, but I will hazard to guess a lot of the players currently in reboot are due directly to player dissatisfaction at nexon's insistence to sell power via the cash shop, marvel machine, philosopher books etc
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

imagine the shockimg news, frenzy totem is in marvel, so it wasn't just a one time sale in philosopher books and was even more obviously the reason kishin was nerfed, as if that wasn't painfully obvious then
    Well Frenzy Totem is a pretty good item. They already made it... might as well sell it again.

Not like that Marvel Machine will gives these like candies during Halloween. Some people will go dead broke due to gambler's fallacy.

In my opinion, most of the spins will reward you with garbage instead of something decent or useful to the person that is spinning.
    Peep
    Peep said:

Just imagine them adding Arcane Umbra including the Shoulder, Hat, and Overall that isn't even obtainable in KMS... whoops did I say too much?
  • BanksBanks
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

PlasticHolly

@PlasticHolly I know :/ Do you know how much money Nexon has made and will continue to make thanks to Frenzy Totems? They do not care if we think it's messed up that they intentionally nerfed Kanna's in order to FORCE players to have to pay real life money to obtain the best training method. How do you defend THAT @Banks ? You claim that Nexon employees work super hard and I'm sure they do. But those who call the shots are always considering money first. And if you dare say it's not true, then you clearly have no knowledge on how they operate. Sure, they have implemented things that we have asked for, but only because they're smart enough to know that you can't just take and take without giving. Please... I've had enough of you defending Nexon after all the shady things they've done, continue to do, and will continue to do. We're all forced to accept how things are since we accepted the ToS but that does NOT mean we have to kiss their ass and show false gratitude.
    No one is kissing rear or showing false gratitude. I generally have respect for people who work behind the scenes. What has Nexon done that is considered "shady," because when used in that context, you make it sound illegal. It may not be what we want, but that is not the reason to call it shady.

"you clearly have no knowledge on how they operate."

Sure, I don't, but what claim do you present that shows you know how Nexon a large cooperation operates. Are you a investor for Nexon? Maybe a employee? I don't know. All I'm saying is you can't make broad assumptions if you don't have solid facts.

(This is not to be read aggressively)

Lastly, I'm not defending Nexon because of shady things they do. I'm defending them because they are humans just like us and until Nexon steals my credit card and starts doing illegal stuff. What reason do I have to be mad?

@forumsareannoying
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

PlasticHolly

Well Frenzy Totem is a pretty good item. They already made it... might as well sell it again.

Not like that Marvel Machine will gives these like candies during Halloween. Some people will go dead broke due to gambler's fallacy.

In my opinion, most of the spins will reward you with garbage instead of something decent or useful to the person that is spinning.
    Peep
    Peep said:

Just imagine them adding Arcane Umbra including the Shoulder, Hat, and Overall that isn't even obtainable in KMS... whoops did I say too much?
    yep just like when they introduced tyrants and cra items in the marvel machine when those were disabled and or glitched and unattainable in game, or tower of oz items when only a very few were able to complete the tower to get them within game.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

Its2Sharp4U

PlasticHolly

Peep
    Peep said:

yep just like when they introduced tyrants and cra items in the marvel machine when those were disabled and or glitched and unattainable in game, or tower of oz items when only a very few were able to complete the tower to get them within game.
    The saddest parts are that the Arcane Umbra Set as a whole isn't even good compared to other combinations. I mean if you use Arcane Umbra Weapon, Hat, and Shoulder with the current mix you'll be getting the best out of everything else.

The other part is NX being more known able to increase ranges drastically if invested properly instead of a status symbol showing that you support the game, marketers, and the developers. At least that's what I see for MapleStory.
    edited December 2016
    Banks
    Banks said:

No one is kissing *** or showing false gratitude. I generally have respect for people who work behind the scenes. What has Nexon done that is considered "shady," because when used in that context, you make it sound illegal. It may not be what we want, but that is not the reason to call it shady.

Sure, I don't, but what claim do you present that shows you know how Nexon a large cooperation operates. Are you a investor for Nexon? Maybe a employee? I don't know. All I'm saying is you can't make broad assumptions if you don't have solid facts.

Lastly, I'm not defending Nexon because of shady things they do. I'm defending them because they are humans just like us and until Nexon steals my credit card and starts doing illegal stuff. What reason do I have to be mad?

@forumsareannoying
    I'm not gonna sit here and give a history lesson about Nexon. And since you admitted that you don't know, stop trying to tell us all to calm down or be reasonable or not be mean because we DO know. It's the reason some of us are angry. An investor and not even an employee knows more about the game than the people who actually play the game. Here's my "solid fact" https://clips.twitch.tv/maplestory/HilariousLorisUncleNox
  • BanksBanks
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Banks
    Banks said:

No one is kissing *** or showing false gratitude. I generally have respect for people who work behind the scenes. What has Nexon done that is considered "shady," because when used in that context, you make it sound illegal. It may not be what we want, but that is not the reason to call it shady.

@forumsareannoying
    I'm not gonna sit here and give a history lesson about Nexon. And since you admitted that you don't know, stop trying to tell us all to calm down or be reasonable or not be mean because we DO know. It's the reason some of us are angry. An investor and not even an employee knows more about the game than the people who actually play the game. Here's my "solid fact" https://clips.twitch.tv/maplestory/HilariousLorisUncleNox
    The reason I said I don't know because it would be ignorant for me to say I know everything. I know just as much as you and I'm telling people to calm down because insulting a company will get you know where. So you base a whole company off of a live stream? Generalizing I would think so..