[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Migration Delayed

Comments

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    err Reboot isn't as great as you think it endgame you are WEAKER than the normal Server players. and whats worse is how much work you have to put on that server also Kishen got nerfed so good lucky getting any actual range any time soon.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

err Reboot isn't as great as you think it endgame you are WEAKER than the normal Server players
    which is intentional as reboot was meant to be the harder server. People knew what they were signing up for when they shifted their focus to reboot.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    I hope they did, they also did it if they didn't know about the great meso sources in this game(it ranges from small things to tyrants) also range pretty easy to get in the normal Server if you know what your doing. this is without being a heavily funded player, for the most part. there Boss elite farming to bossing and everything in between.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016
    So hope things go well as the Europeans visit us :D!!! and i'm soo confused with how the migration works, or someone send me the news regarding their own guilds and etc! and which europeans go into which worlds? Unless EMS is made just like GMS, and they also have Bera?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

Lelouchy
    Lelouchy said:

I think you're overthinking things here Gimo, The likelihood of getting in trouble for a forum avatar you don't have permission for is very slim.
    Still, it would be illegal. I can kill someone and hide the body so I never get caught, sure, but that doesn't make it any more legal than it already is (a bit extreme of a comparison, but you get my point). The site I mentioned takes breaking this law very seriously, with punishment ranging from a multi-month ban to a permanent lock on the account. Nexon is a big company that gets into enough trouble as it is. I don't think they want to add legal trouble to the list of things that need to be addressed in the next meeting.
    Fawn
    Fawn said:

Aren't there American laws for copyright as well, though?
    Fair Use is a gray area when it comes to images, due to the low amount of cases there are to help define what it means. Sometimes companies will enforce an infringement upon their copyright, and other even make avatars for free advertisement (a la Warner Brothers with the release of The Great Gatsby movie and the avatar creator app). American companies are more lean as to whether it is allowed. I would say that most big companies don't care as it is free advertisement, but the topic I'm referring to focuses more on the less famous authors, such as those on DeviantArt or similar sites.
    I would say that the server the forums are on, is located in America, that would make it void of any UK or EU laws that are not covered by US law, and the Image use law is not a part of american law so you would be fine.

You probably wont be able to use other art for your maple farm ID if you log into the EU servers due to those servers still being in the EU.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

if they're delaying it clearly they found something big, you should be happy as that's one less potential problem.
    Possibly.
    I can't speak for Nexon, but when I fail to finish a project on time, it can be one of three situations:
    1. It was too big of a project for any one person to complete in the allotted time;
    2. I was busy doing other things and never got around to the project until it was too late;
    3. I worked on it and thought it was complete (or nearly so) when I discovered a major problem that would take longer to fix than the time I had left.

Translated into this migration project, this comes to:
    1. The original schedule was too ambitious. It was impossible to be ready on time with the resources (mostly dev hours) that were allocated to it.
    2. The people who were supposed to be working on the migration kept getting pulled away to other things.
    3. The project was advancing on schedule, until a major issue was discovered just now.

You assume it's #3. I make no assumptions. And I doubt we'll ever be told which it is. Just have to wait patiently.
    I will point out, they originally had said that the 28th was their Tentative date for this merge to happen, meaning they would hope for it to happen by then but it could be delayed / not certain and subject to change. So it's not like they "failed" to finish a project on time, because the 28th was not a solid and assured date, just a tentative one for when they hoped it could happen. I think it would be accurate to assume that something big came up as they seemed more confident about the 28th as it got closer to the date until this post happened.
  • DedicatedBMDedicatedBM
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    i do not know if this is the proper place to ask but:

What will happend to the ems servers in the meantime?

Will we still get updates? im guessing the problem is something to do with moving all the characters and not the actual content.

Also would you say its necessary for me to make screenshots/videos of everything i have of value on my account to be on the safe side?
  • muhhamuhha
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    DedicatedBM

Will we still get updates? im guessing the problem is something to do with moving all the characters and not the actual content.

Also would you say its necessary for me to make screenshots/videos of everything i have of value on my account to be on the safe side?
    As a EMS player I also like to know what DedicatedBM is asking, any chance to have a staff member to contribute on this matter ?

• WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    muhha
    muhha said:

DedicatedBM

As a EMS player I also like to know what DedicatedBM is asking, any chance to have a staff member to contribute on this matter ?

If they even cba lol, like these weekend events didn't even got announcent anymore...
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

if they're delaying it clearly they found something big, you should be happy as that's one less potential problem.
    Possibly.
    I can't speak for Nexon, but when I fail to finish a project on time, it can be one of three situations:
    1. It was too big of a project for any one person to complete in the allotted time;
    2. I was busy doing other things and never got around to the project until it was too late;
    3. I worked on it and thought it was complete (or nearly so) when I discovered a major problem that would take longer to fix than the time I had left.

Translated into this migration project, this comes to:
    1. The original schedule was too ambitious. It was impossible to be ready on time with the resources (mostly dev hours) that were allocated to it.
    2. The people who were supposed to be working on the migration kept getting pulled away to other things.
    3. The project was advancing on schedule, until a major issue was discovered just now.

You assume it's #3. I make no assumptions. And I doubt we'll ever be told which it is. Just have to wait patiently.
    @AKradian and everyone else - A little birdie told me it was #3. Unfortunately, I am unable to share any specifics at the moment.

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited September 2016
    Seems as though it may be delayed until the next patch. Could be for the best. Instead of catching EMS up in the middle of a patch may be better on a fresh start.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    SwordStaker

Seems as though it may be delayed until the next patch. Could be for the best. Instead of catching EMS up in the middle of a patch may be better on a fresh start.
    Not necessarily.
    You'd need two different patch files for the same patch, one for people patching GMS and one for people patching EMS.
    That may be more of a headache, rather than less.

We'll see.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

AKradian
    AKradian said:

3. N azi's
    A little birdie told me it was #3. .

Friggin knew it

OT: anyways thought as much that was the problem.
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited September 2016
    Just out of curiosity but wouldnt you guys be able to remove the ip block even if you arent able to migrate peoples accounts?

personally id just make a new account if it meant i could start playing.

This account is only a year old and pretty useless on the eu server.

i dont mind waiting few more weeks long as it gets done right, start week off work tomorrow so was hoping to be on reboot tomorrow but not going to happen
    NekololizuChaffee
  • ChaffeeChaffee
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2016
    ShacoTheTacoo

Just out of curiosity but wouldnt you guys be able to remove the ip block even if you arent able to migrate peoples accounts?

i dont mind waiting few more weeks long as it gets done right, start week off work tomorrow so was hoping to be on reboot tomorrow but not going to happen
    Yes this is best idea so far. I dont really want to play on EU kradia anyway so why dont you let us start right away
  • LelouchyLelouchy
    Reactions: 305
    edited September 2016
    I don't mind waiting but a new date would be nice.
    edited September 2016
    Chaffee
    Chaffee said:

ShacoTheTacoo

Yes this is best idea so far. I dont really want to play on EU kradia anyway so why dont you let us start right away
    Thanks lol, i dont know, i would have thought this would be a great back up plan for them. Might send a support ticket asking if this may be possible or if not it could be the IP blocking causing issues.
    edited September 2016
    Ive sent in a support ticket and this was their resonse

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

We appreciate your understanding regarding the migration process. We value your input regarding the removal of the region limitation set for Global MapleStory. I will be forwarding this to our Game Team for consideration. I'm not able to provide details if this will be implemented or not since we are still focusing with the completion of the server migration. We truly value your interest in playing Global MapleStory.

Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

For events and updates, you can always visit our website.
    Sincerely,

GM Cerulase
    Nexon America, Inc.
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 1,445
    edited October 2016
    I, as a european maplestory player, don't mind the delay of the migration. I'd rather have it be delayed a couple weeks/months than to get some pretty major issues. It is sad for us we don't get lvl 100 emblem and other stuff sooner(aran/evan revamp for example) but on the other hand crafted cubes stay tradable for a bit longer. We just have to make the best of it.
  • LelouchyLelouchy
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2016
    I hope its before Christmas at least.
  • AdaunAdaun
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Oh my! I can't wait for it to happen. I always thought that europe maplestory wasn't as good as the global one. For years I've dreamed for it to happen!!!