[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    Lol anyone watch the twitch yesterday ... the dude didnt even know how to play the game LOL
    thats why they miss so much stuff they dont have good testers >_>
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

lol really? this benefits them far more than it does me, without us the players, they wouldn't be publishing a game, for me its game for them its their livelihood

that's like walking up to a guy eating a cheese burger and a local hamburger joint and saying you should be grateful for this restaurant because without them you wouldn't be eating that burger, his reply would be something like no i wouldn't be, i'd be eating a different burger at a different restaurant

Then don't play MapleStory. If you can't even appreciate the work they put in to get things like this out to us, why even play when you're just going to have more to complain about?
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    You guys supporting Nexon just proves how indifferent you are about this game's development.
    JustADemonStellarisomGMSDillon
  • NineLives074NineLives074
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    for people talking about the complains, they are pretty logical... why would we care about any update, if we cant really play anyway because of the stupid migration we didnt even ask for afaik? yea, sure, we can play on the US server, but its for nothing imo, its laggy, all my friends play europe, so i really dont give a about 5th job...
  • guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    this is what happens when a company tries to run a huge MMORPG on tandy (radio shack) equipment
    Toniv94
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    YoruDB
    YoruDB said:

you guys should put UTC on notices time again, i always need search one site to change the timezone for me.
    UTC is ahead by 8 hours of PST time. so if it's 12 am PST, then it's 8 am UTC.
  • FXVolcFXVolc
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

this is what happens when a company tries to run a huge MMORPG on tandy (radio shack) equipment
    The servers they were using before were perfectly fine, the issue now (besides source bugs) is the current server for Reboot couldn't handle the player load.
    edited December 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

You guys supporting Nexon just proves how indifferent you are about this game's development.
    Supporting Nexon supports future development of the game
    DarkOathToniv94
    edited December 2016
    FXVolc
    FXVolc said:

guest1811111

The servers they were using before were perfectly fine, the issue now (besides source bugs) is the current server for Reboot couldn't handle the player load.
    so what does that have to do with the rest of the worlds????? we are down for reboot????? sack the thing for all i care
    lizzybeth
  • Toniv94Toniv94
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

I lol'd irl
  • SupahNoodleSupahNoodle
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    This is getting annoying. You're either for or against nexon right now cause everyones picking sides. If you're for it, you bash the haters. If you're against it, you bash the supporters. Fact is, anyone complaining clearly enjoys maple so shut up. Buttt the inconsistencies and a clear lack of comunication with players is also absurd. Lets be honest, both nexon and its playera are being assholes right now and both sides need to be more providing. Players need to give patience and nexon need to give progress or at least progress updates.
    KitCatTenRineyDarkOathKisjBobyJaaadddddddKensterMemeToniv94Yuellie16
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

so what does that have to do with the rest of the worlds????? we are down for reboot????? sack the thing for all i care
    Supporting the removal of Reboot is saying that MapleStory should be strictly P2W to get into the game
  • KitCatTenKitCatTen
    Reactions: 760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The most tantalizing part is the fact that they technically already released the update, it's just so laggy and buggy that we can't actually play it... Of course hardcore haters are still gonna hate, but maybe if we'd gotten a more accurate ETA first, even if it took longer, instead of constantly getting our hopes up and then being let down, people might be feeling less negative about this whole mess :(
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    yay.. more maintenance.. and still no update.

• KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

FXVolc
    FXVolc said:

guest1811111

no, all servers are getting this lag
  • iSublimeiSublime
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    In all honesty, maplestory has gone to after the big bang update. I remember when Nexon was a respectable game developer to some respect.
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

guest1811111

Supporting the removal of Reboot is saying that MapleStory should be strictly P2W to get into the game
    even in reboot, you eventually still need NX to get ahead!!! so how is that not P2W
  • ZuenoZueno
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
    Man you guys are so impatient lmao. You act like all this stuff is planned out to happen. even "testers" do miss stuff. Mistakes happen would you rather have those stay or be fixed?
    Benjii699Riney
  • NineLives074NineLives074
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Zueno
    Zueno said:

Man you guys are so impatient lmao. You act like all this stuff is planned out to happen. even "testers" do miss stuff. Mistakes happen would you rather have those stay or be fixed?
    id rather have no update at all, and have nexon fix the damn migration bs
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

FXVolc
    FXVolc said:

guest1811111

well that was rude... and stupid, as a mass majority of the players are reboot. I wouldnt be surprised to learn if they merged ALL non-reboot servers into one server, yall would STILL have far far less people.

as for the reboot issue, they should have expected it. There is a reason KMS came out with reboot 2 around the same time. And they didnt have eu merging with them adding to the reboot load. (since eu doesnt have a reboot of their own)

They should have added more channels to reboot and "beefed up the servers" before the update.
    Riney