[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    Riney
    Riney said:

PlasticHolly

gameplayer70

PlasticHolly

what exactly are we supposed to be grateful for here? This is a company trying to make money, not some charitable organization cleaning up after a natural disaster or something.. they aren't doing anything out of a favor to us, they are trying to maintain a business and make a profit.
    For starters, you wouldn't even be playing the game if it weren't for them.
    lol really? this benefits them far more than it does me, without us the players, they wouldn't be publishing a game, for me its game for them its their livelihood

that's like walking up to a guy eating a cheese burger and a local hamburger joint and saying you should be grateful for this restaurant because without them you wouldn't be eating that burger, his reply would be something like no i wouldn't be, i'd be eating a different burger at a different restaurant

Well arguably you're still here, so you care at least that much. It might not be the best service, but its the best burger you ever had. Thats why I'm okay with waiting.

I like this game, or as you pointed out i wouldn't be here. I dont much like the company that publishes it, but i am neither angry nor surprised by any of this, which in itself is a bit sad when you consider what that means. I don't hold the employees that we see responsible for these many issues either, other than some of the lack of communication we've had on issues currently and in the past. Some of the anger in these posts are well over the top, I agree with that as well, but for people not to expect and understand some of the anger is a bit hard to understand, it's completely understandable when this update and the server load was obviously not tested adequately before it went live especially when you consider this game is full of all ages and maturity levels

All of this is magnified by the fact we have several very time sensitive events all happening simultaneously, which i also didn't appreciate much but accepted.. but for most of us with limited time to play it takes all of that time to accomplish as much as possible on these events and then to have days on end interrupted by what looks to be short sightedness on Nexon's part, its frustrating.
  • guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    Zueno
    Zueno said:

Man you guys are so impatient lmao. You act like all this stuff is planned out to happen. even "testers" do miss stuff. Mistakes happen would you rather have those stay or be fixed?
    i agree testers miss stuff, but it seems to me like these things aren't even tested anymore. this happens every time a new release comes out, and it gets worse every time!
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Zueno
    Zueno said:

Man you guys are so impatient lmao. You act like all this stuff is planned out to happen. even "testers" do miss stuff. Mistakes happen would you rather have those stay or be fixed?
    The funny thing is, everyone is complaining about another maintenance update today when the one we just came out of left a lot of players just waiting for another fix because they (including me) couldn't even get into a server
  • PlebDongersonPlebDongerson
    Reactions: 240
    edited December 2016
    Zueno
    Zueno said:

With Nexon it just seems that their testers are either blind, or they just dont even exist..
    NineLives074JaaadddddddToniv94ringayeen
  • BobyBoby
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Games I've played just make the specific channel/server go down while it's repairing.. They could have just closed Reboot for a while.. as we played the other channels
  • FeveredFevered
    Reactions: 270
    edited December 2016
    Nx transfer event as compensation plz nexon
    DarkOathYuellie16
    edited December 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

Games I've played just make the specific channel/server go down while it's repairing.. They could have just closed Reboot for a while.. as we played the other channels
    Other players were still having issues getting onto any world, so maintenance would have happened sooner or later anyways.
    edited December 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

that would have been too easy
  • JustADemonJustADemon
    edited December 2016
    The real question is when will the snails get the buff they deserve.
    Benjii699DarkOathFeveredBobyKitCatTenKisjKensterMemeDiannikaToniv94Adorableand 1 other.
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    so, let me get this straight, the only reason they are "maintenance-ing" now is because of the severe lagg that happened when the 2x event begun? or was there something else that i missed?
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

reboot wasnt the only world mass logins nexon servers couldnt handle + i bet they had so many more bugs they are patching now
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Boby
    Boby said:

Other players were still having issues getting onto any world, so maintenance would have happened sooner or later anyways.
    Gameplayer, in case you missed it , nexon said that there was going to be players that could not log in until after they fixed the FM Item issue. there were hundreds of players who were affected by it.
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    Fevered
    Fevered said:

i actually had that yesterday( pre-unscheduled maintenance) items i had on my xenon could be sent to my Blaster ( technically they're both resistance in a way) but i still got my husky and eye patch
  • DarkOathDarkOath
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

Fevered
    Fevered said:

i actually had that yesterday( pre-unscheduled maintenance) items i had on my xenon could be sent to my Blaster ( technically they're both resistance in a way) but i still got my husky and eye patch
    Ya but it doesn't help some people, like ma nx is on ds and I need it on evan >-< rip
  • JoseLuisJoseLuis
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    tanto demoran!? -.-
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    I like the game for .. the 3 hours I was allowed to enjoy it before having to return to my life of work then to come home only to find that Nexon once again put us on maintenance. As someone new to Maplestory I am... cautiously optimistic. Though I am not at all new to the MMO scene I know how companies are and need maintenance to keep the game up and running properly. I respect this but I also understand the frustration which is in turn shared my me a newer/ old returning player. I for one want to continue my adventures, but I would not lag to utter hell either.
    ringayeen
    edited December 2016
    All of the complaints to Nexon have already been stated in one way or another. There's nothing to do but wait, because more complaining will not get us anywhere. Me and a lot of other players were not even able to get on after last night's long maintenance, so it was inevitable anyways that at some point it would end up back in maintenance for one thing or another. For all long maintenances, Nexon gives plenty of compensation, so it's not like we don't get anything for waiting on fixes to be made. I'm sure most things will get extended as well.

This game is huge, and the engine it runs on is ancient compared to today's standards. I vote that MapleStory gets a faster engine to handle all of the content they are bringing us, and that the code is re-worked in order to make things run as smoothly as possible
    JaaadddddddDarkOath
  • ArrowClashArrowClash
    Reactions: 710
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

YoruDB
    YoruDB said:

you guys should put UTC on notices time again, i always need search one site to change the timezone for me.
    UTC is ahead by 8 hours of PST time. so if it's 12 am PST, then it's 8 am UTC.
    What about -1 hour from CET
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

Gameplayer, in case you missed it , nexon said that there was going to be players that could not log in until after they fixed the FM Item issue. there were hundreds of players who were affected by it.
    Sorry, I was talking about a different issue. In my case, the furthest I could get was character selection and the game would crash. The server select screen was giving many more people problems too
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

All of the complaints to Nexon have already been stated in one way or another. There's nothing to do but wait, because more complaining will not get us anywhere. Me and a lot of other players were not even able to get on after last night's long maintenance, so it was inevitable anyways that at some point it would end up back in maintenance for one thing or another. For all long maintenances, Nexon gives plenty of compensation, so it's not like we don't get anything for waiting on fixes to be made. I'm sure most things will get extended as well.

This game is huge, and the engine it runs on is ancient compared to today's standards. I vote that MapleStory gets a faster engine to handle all of the content they are bringing us, and that the code is re-worked in order to make things run as smoothly as possible
    Agreed its not like nexon doesnt have the money to fire and rehire the whole maple team LOL