[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited December 2016
    So we missed one of the compensation 2x sessions, and the regular 2x session is starting in 40 minutes. Not looking too bright.
  • RoaBeanRoaBean
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    f
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

gameplayer70

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Can you really call them experts? I'd suggest you call them amateurs. Players always saying "coding is hard," and "It's hard to see what's wrong." Honestly, I've mentioned countless times that it's their job to do so. This kind of extension has been occurred countless amount of times and it brought us to the point that we become impatient. There are way better coders out there in the world who can actually be considered as experts. You say game is dying because we blame them for problems, but it's in their end for failing to serve players. So yes, Nexon is the reason that players leave Maplestory. We blame them for problems since it relates to them being irresponsible for being unable to solve such tasks. There are solutions out there, but they don't care enough to look into it.
    I've mentioned to multiple people also that even the best programmers have issues finding all the bugs in coding, and MapleStory is a huge game. The documents that contain the coding itself also need to tell the game when to put in different effects, backdrops, character models, etc. And anyone saying that they don't have any problem with coding is full of crap, because it really takes a lot of effort sometimes just to make a simple application run
    Even bigger games with bigger updates don't have extensions as often as GMS does. You should stop speaking in such way that programmers are same, they're not. Why do you think game such as OW and LoL don't have extended maintenance as often as GMS does? It's simple, they're better.
    as an avid LoL player, i can tell you they've taken down in the middle of a patch before, have constant updates that take the game off for half the day, and sometimes extend maintenance as a way to punish players so
    lmao
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    I at this point just want an update as to what is going on...so then maybe ill have a little compassion as to whats going on.. till then I'm just like all you guys pissed and annoyed and wanting to play LOL
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Diannika
    Diannika said:

right? tho imma keep going to them. 4 elite bosses during up time. 2 boxes from each. every single pair gave me one cube and one other (soul shards for 2, an epic pot scroll for one, and i cant remember the other)
    Nice. I'm not the type of mapler who does that kind of stuff. I just kinda follow the quests and level up, at least for now :P
    i usually do, but im burning too fast. trying to do the vtracker content, which is why i was at gold beach to begin with at a level i could consistently get 2 boxes from bosses with 5-7+ players all hitting it lol. (not too high a level, but woulda been in rein by then if not burning)
  • Mr_DudeMr_Dude
    Reactions: 475
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

Mr_Dude
    Mr_Dude said:

JustADemon

walklamb
    walklamb said:

Breaking news!
    Reverse progress?
    At least all of their hard work and time is working.
    Well lets hope that nexon is restarting the client and the servers will be up now
    lol epic fail
    Lol , :P well im old maplestory user . I already know the system just giving hopes to those who recently joined Ms:D
  • RoaBeanRoaBean
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    lizzybeth
    lizzybeth said:

I at this point just want an update as to what is going on...so then maybe ill have a little compassion as to whats going on.. till then I'm just like all you guys pissed and annoyed and wanting to play LOL
    me too tbh they just aren't communicating to their players properly
  • guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    Mr_Dude
    Mr_Dude said:

guest1811111

Mr_Dude
    Mr_Dude said:

JustADemon

walklamb
    walklamb said:

Breaking news!
    Reverse progress?
    At least all of their hard work and time is working.
    Well lets hope that nexon is restarting the client and the servers will be up now
    lol epic fail
    Lol , :P well im old maplestory user . I already know the system just giving hopes to those who recently joined Ms:D
    i'm an old maple player as well, don't give them false hope! that's the worst thing anyone can do! let them see it for what it is, a steaming pile of BS
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    looooool I haven't even realized the time! this maint started at 5pm pst and its now 11pm pst...wow and the funny part is we still have another 8 hours to go :D
    DarkOath
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    I'm honestly having way too much fun watching people post here and replying to care how long maintenance takes
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

I'm honestly having way too much fun watching people post here and replying to care how long maintenance takes
    and yet still no one from nexon is talking
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

that's what keeps me coming back here too
    DarkOath
  • walklambwalklamb
    Reactions: 795
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

gameplayer70

Guess we just have to sit back and watch the fan base burn.

edited December 2016
    walklamb
    walklamb said:

guest1811111

gameplayer70

sad part about that is that they don't even care
  • BigZidBigZid
    Reactions: 790
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

BigZid
    BigZid said:

guest1811111

i find it funny that there is nobody from nexon in this forum defending them, or even giving us information. they seem to be able to start the thread, but not stay in it
    probably because they dont have any answers for us as to when / why at least thats the theory, little sour about the "until further notice" but hey not alot anyone can do about it when it comes to major patch issues like these.
    sure there is, don't release it until you know it's player ready. tested thoroughly and made sure that the sheer number of players that could possibly hit the servers at one time that the servers can handle it. in my eyes that wasn't done! so here we are while they backpeddle their way to a fix
    true, i completely agree with the last bit as per my comment on like page 4, but having someone in forum to defend / explain what they are trying to do rather then just helping do it would be a complete waste of time.. that being said some info would be good though even just a "we did this.... working on this..." so people dont feel so shut out would be awesome cause this endless maint with until further notice is abit....

• bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited December 2016
    Waiting for servers to be up image
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

That's one of the things I do kinda agree on, that they should provide more updates on the situation. Maybe not an ETA or anything like that, but just a progress report to see what's being done about the bugs

edited December 2016
    in the last 2 days this game has been down for almost 30 hours enough is enough
    RoaBeanOtakuOnShrooms
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

walklamb
    walklamb said:

guest1811111

gameplayer70

sad part about that is that they don't even care
    guys, don't even. Poor OneLetter was up for the whole original 2 maint from what i could tell, communicating as soon as he had info on extensions, etc. Everyone was giving him hell for the extensions in nexons place. (which is prob why they went eta-less for the last of it, and for this one)

let the poor guy sleep!
  • BigZidBigZid
    Reactions: 790
    edited December 2016
    bladename
    bladename said:

Waiting for servers to be up image
    oh hey look its me at work, how did you get this?!?