[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A message to Nexon.

LordOchanLordOchan
Reactions: 410
edited September 2016 in Rants and Raves
If you want to “improve the player base”, then get rid of pantheon (taking boat rides was a pain BUT it forced people to have social interactions and make friends along the way, the boat rides STILL exist HOWEVER pantheon is there so why would anyone use them? Either get rid of the boat rides and ruin maple further or just get rid of one of the big anti social portals such as this) you also ruined pqs, literally commerci pq is the only jam-packed pq around. Makers, make an account or log on your gm and just patrol maple, REALLY patrol it, look all over ludibrium, orbis, el nath, aqaurium, herb town, mu lung, leafre, and just about EVERYWHERE that ISN’T henesys. They’re ALL abandoned. And here’s a huge one I’ll keep on ranting about, BRING BACK PRE BB MAPS!!!! I swear to your god and creator that if you literally get rid of pantheon, only keep tele rocks as ‘cheat travel’ as I like to call it, and bring back the old, extensive, FUN maps to travel in, you WILL without a motherfluffing doubt see a rise in the player base. I SWEAR by it. I’ve been playing almost 12 years, I’m from the start of the beta, and I’ve witnessed EVERY SINGLE decline that maple has gone through. The two BIGGEST patches that ruined maple were the big bang patch and RED patch. Also, you should give adventurers the option of choosing old skill sets. It’s obvious BM and MM suck now, as do just about every other adventurer class. You should give players the option to be like “Hey this is what your skills used to look like and different traits you had, here if you WANT to use them, you have to pay mesos (or even NX, you greedy ) to switch. But no, I’ll get ridiculed by the fanboys, and nexon itself. Fun fact guys, NEXON did NOT create Maplestory, they BOUGHT OUT MAPLESTORY FROM WIZET BECAUSE WIZET WENT BANKRUPT.
You know what? Here’s a brilliant idea Nexon. Instead of ruining maplestory slowly why don’t you do it all in one patch? I got the perfect idea: Just litearlly block or delete or remove every single world continent that isn’t victoria. Only leave victoria island but don’t stop there, get rid of kerning, perion, ellinia, and even sleepywood, who goes to those places anyways? It’s all about henesys. Just leave henesys and it’s outskirt maps, so make the entire game have only about 5 maps in total surrounding and including henesys, and then get rid of the cab in the town, along with all other npcs, BUT, leave Dimensional mirror, ONLY Dimensional mirror. Then have every single possible pq you can do IN that mirror, as well as the event hall, can’t forget that. That way everyone is forced to play the dullest, most boring game in the world. That IS your goal…right? Or is it all about the money you steal from cubes? Just imagine everyone sitting in henesys, cubing away to go do a pq. That literally IS what this game is now, only with many more maps that no one has any use for, because they’d rather spend money on cubes and other stupid to make them pay to win. Just put the game out of it’s miser y Nexon, just end it.
Another really quick fun fact for all the fanboys: Every 2 years, Nexon hosts a realllllllllly small event that’s barely mentioned, which brings back “Old maple maps” in the dimensional mirror, you can actually go to HHG1 and what-not, but they’re not authentic maps, however they’re still the old maps that we were used to seeing. Why do they do that? They KNOW WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!” And they still ruin the game.
WillowRosenberg

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    Quality first post.
    WiceakToymakerNiightseekerAggraphinehypnogris
  • Warlocked200Warlocked200
    Reactions: 580
    edited September 2016
    Honestly should be in the Rants and Raves section.
  • ProminisProminis
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited September 2016
    On a side note, you could just, y'know, play Reboot and not give them money for cubes.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Reactions: 1,460
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Or, just quit, because you're a party pooper.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    LordOchan
    LordOchan said:

If you want to “improve the player base”, then get rid of pantheon (taking boat rides was a pain BUT it forced people to have social interactions and make friends along the way, the boat rides STILL exist HOWEVER pantheon is there so why would anyone use them? Either get rid of the boat rides and ruin maple further or just get rid of one of the big anti social portals such as this) you also ruined pqs, literally commerci pq is the only jam-packed pq around. Makers, make an account or log on your gm and just patrol maple, REALLY patrol it, look all over ludibrium, orbis, el nath, aqaurium, herb town, mu lung, leafre, and just about EVERYWHERE that ISN’T henesys. They’re ALL abandoned. And here’s a huge one I’ll keep on ranting about, BRING BACK PRE BB MAPS!!!! I swear to your god and creator that if you literally get rid of pantheon, only keep tele rocks as ‘cheat travel’ as I like to call it, and bring back the old, extensive, FUN maps to travel in, you WILL without a motherfluffing doubt see a rise in the player base. I SWEAR by it. I’ve been playing almost 12 years, I’m from the start of the beta, and I’ve witnessed EVERY SINGLE decline that maple has gone through. The two BIGGEST patches that ruined maple were the big bang patch and RED patch. Also, you should give adventurers the option of choosing old skill sets. It’s obvious BM and MM suck now, as do just about every other adventurer class. You should give players the option to be like “Hey this is what your skills used to look like and different traits you had, here if you WANT to use them, you have to pay mesos (or even NX, you greedy ) to switch. But no, I’ll get ridiculed by the fanboys, and nexon itself. Fun fact guys, NEXON did NOT create Maplestory, they BOUGHT OUT MAPLESTORY FROM WIZET BECAUSE WIZET WENT BANKRUPT.
    You know what? Here’s a brilliant idea Nexon. Instead of ruining maplestory slowly why don’t you do it all in one patch? I got the perfect idea: Just litearlly block or delete or remove every single world continent that isn’t victoria. Only leave victoria island but don’t stop there, get rid of kerning, perion, ellinia, and even sleepywood, who goes to those places anyways? It’s all about henesys. Just leave henesys and it’s outskirt maps, so make the entire game have only about 5 maps in total surrounding and including henesys, and then get rid of the cab in the town, along with all other npcs, BUT, leave Dimensional mirror, ONLY Dimensional mirror. Then have every single possible pq you can do IN that mirror, as well as the event hall, can’t forget that. That way everyone is forced to play the dullest, most boring game in the world. That IS your goal…right? Or is it all about the money you steal from cubes? Just imagine everyone sitting in henesys, cubing away to go do a pq. That literally IS what this game is now, only with many more maps that no one has any use for, because they’d rather spend money on cubes and other stupid to make them pay to win. Just put the game out of it’s miser y Nexon, just end it.
    Another really quick fun fact for all the fanboys: Every 2 years, Nexon hosts a realllllllllly small event that’s barely mentioned, which brings back “Old maple maps” in the dimensional mirror, you can actually go to HHG1 and what-not, but they’re not authentic maps, however they’re still the old maps that we were used to seeing. Why do they do that? They KNOW WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!” And they still ruin the game.
    Oh man where to start.

First off, you need to remove those rose-tinted nostalgia goggles you have firmly affixed to your eyes. Taking the boats didn't force social interactions, it made people tab out and watch or read stuff online or get up to use the bathroom or something. Reintroducing them as the only way to get between continents is not going to be the social boon you think it is, because people will do the same thing they did for years before Pantheon was ever a thing; only difference now is there's more to do when you tab out of the game. A sub-point to that, removing Pantheon completely wrecks three individual(maybe more) classes and cuts off access to at least three bosses. Removing Pantheon removes the basis for the Dimension Invasion PQ. Plus, Nexon has said that removing content is nowhere near even being considered as a possibility.

The biggest thing that killed party quests? Not fast travel, like you and so many before you seem to think. No no, it's the fact that the rewards have NEVER BEEN UPDATED. No one's gonna spend the time on a party quest for a goddamn pair of glasses that one of the most common boss accessory drops(Aquatic Letter Eye) outclasses. From one of the easiest bosses to do fresh out of 4th job.

So ask yourself, 20-30 minutes on a party quest, x-number of times... or five minutes killing Normal Zakum a couple of times?

Want to know why all of those maps you mentioned are abandoned? Because of lousy distribution of mobs across platforms. Because they're low level maps and people out-level them.

Okay, you know what? I figured I'd reply to each point you made individually to show you how wrong you are, but I got about midway through your post and started skimming because, quite frankly, you're just bitching about nothing and making an ass of yourself.

Nexon is not going to remove content from the game, there will be no patch reversions unless something goes direly south when it's applied to the live servers. That's the way things are, that's what they've said whenever "get rid of x" suggestions have come up. You can either deal with it, or leave. No one is keeping you here.
    ToymakerFawnShadEightNiightseekerPirateIzzyWillScarletMakazeKibaOnyxRyouSpiritofMir
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    Well...

When the mods hit this thread half of your post will be unreadable.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    Sandwich
    Sandwich said:

Well...

Just like the other half

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    KerBansotSandwichNiightseeker
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited September 2016
    If they were to revert back to boat rides it would take even longer to do things in the game. I already spend like 30 minutes extracting all items from my bossing runs...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

If they were to revert back to boat rides it would take even longer to do things in the game. I already spend like 30 minutes extracting all items from my bossing runs...
    If they were to revert back to boat rides being the ONLY way between continents, people would still find a way around it.

Case in point, the method to avoid boat rides back when the Resistance classes were released was to go to Ludibrium, head down to Korean Folk Town, take that to Aquarium, that to Orbis, then take Ace's airship to Edelstein, then from Edelstein to Victoria Island.

I know this must come as a complete shock to your very way of life, OP, but people did anything possible to avoid the half-hour-long boat rides(of which multiple were often required to get where you wanted to be). They were doing it before the Dimensional Mirror was ever a thing. This isn't some newfangled problem that sprang up overnight as soon as Big Bang went live. People have always tried their hardest to avoid boat rides when and wherever possible.
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Sandwich
    Sandwich said:

Well...

Just like the other half

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Gengar
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Sandwich
    Sandwich said:

Well...

Just like the other half

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    hypnogris
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    even if they "nerfed" the pantheon portal, the maple guide still allows teleportation so....
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2016
    [ModDuties]Heyoo, I removed the curse words. Keep it together, mate.[/ModDuties]

Also, Bowmaster? Marksman? Suck? They're two of the most powerful bossing classes in the game. Additionally, KMS just made a change to their Tespia server that allows you to travel to any of the locations on the Maple Guide, regardless of level, as long as you've obtained the completion stamp for that content. So tricks with the Pantheon portal are probably the least of your worries.
    Overall, for your rant...
    hypnogris
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    lol people would just afk on the boats it didn't force interaction at all.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Prominis
    Prominis said:

On a side note, you could just, y'know, play Reboot and not give them money for cubes.
    I've always been in Scania, to me Reboot is just quitting that which I've spent so much time and effort into, so I'd rather quit if it came to that point.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    HolyGiraffe

Or, just quit, because you're a party pooper.
    How sad it is that the majority of the mindsets that play are that of yours, ignorant and incredibly one-sided, stupid, and don't think for themselves. I'll quit in my own time, due to my own reasons. Just keep being a dumb follower of Nexon and never question anything any superior in your life tells you to do or to think, it'll get you far in life.

• LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

LordOchan
    LordOchan said:

Oh man where to start.

First off, you need to remove those rose-tinted nostalgia goggles you have firmly affixed to your eyes. Taking the boats didn't force social interactions, it made people tab out and watch or read stuff online or get up to use the bathroom or something. Reintroducing them as the only way to get between continents is not going to be the social boon you think it is, because people will do the same thing they did for years before Pantheon was ever a thing; only difference now is there's more to do when you tab out of the game. A sub-point to that, removing Pantheon completely wrecks three individual(maybe more) classes and cuts off access to at least three bosses. Removing Pantheon removes the basis for the Dimension Invasion PQ. Plus, Nexon has said that removing content is nowhere near even being considered as a possibility.

The biggest thing that killed party quests? Not fast travel, like you and so many before you seem to think. No no, it's the fact that the rewards have NEVER BEEN UPDATED. No one's gonna spend the time on a party quest for a goddamn pair of glasses that one of the most common boss accessory drops(Aquatic Letter Eye) outclasses. From one of the easiest bosses to do fresh out of 4th job.

So ask yourself, 20-30 minutes on a party quest, x-number of times... or five minutes killing Normal Zakum a couple of times?

Want to know why all of those maps you mentioned are abandoned? Because of lousy distribution of mobs across platforms. Because they're low level maps and people out-level them.

Okay, you know what? I figured I'd reply to each point you made individually to show you how wrong you are, but I got about midway through your post and started skimming because, quite frankly, you're just bitching about nothing and making an ass of yourself.

Nexon is not going to remove content from the game, there will be no patch reversions unless something goes direly south when it's applied to the live servers. That's the way things are, that's what they've said whenever "get rid of x" suggestions have come up. You can either deal with it, or leave. No one is keeping you here.
    You're incredibly stupid it actually gave me heartburn. All of your points are redundant, you're just trying to make a fool of me when you're doing it to yourself. My points are valid, non biased researched, tried-and-done experiments that I've done myself. I've not only talked to old players such as myself, but have also interviewed people that're new to the game or even the young players of today, and in my analysis, a whopping 72% miss the old maple ways (some of the newer players that have never heard of the old maple even wished the game would be more simplified by making social interactions more abundant.) Keep sucking Nexon's but I will never do it. I've played for 12 years and I know what the I'm talking about unlike you. Insult me and call me every name in the book for all I care, but I am not wrong in the slightest. I would RATHER wait 30 minutes for a pq, than do something in 5 minutes, taking away the challenge and the FUN you have with your party, and making friends in the process. You want to implement your Asperger syndrome gameplay and make no friends, good for you, go play a private server then. You don't know what the hell you're talking about, so stop running your -hole.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Sandwich
    Sandwich said:

Well...

I anticipate it, everyone's a and I'm just saying what 72% of players don't have the balls to say.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

Sandwich
    Sandwich said:

Well...

Just like the other half

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Show me where I had bad grammar. You not being able to read isn't an excuse to make for me writing correctly.
  • LordOchanLordOchan
    edited September 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

There enlies the problem...extracting equipment, potential and enhancements make it more single-player based gameplay, so now instead of sitting for 30 minutes talking to people you're sitting there for 30 minutes with your in your hand trying to upgrade things.
This discussion has been closed.