[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Auction house and FM

RyuhikoRyuhiko
Reactions: 1,040
edited December 2016 in General Chat
So far i know the auction house hasn't been working and i'm not very sure how exactly it works
So my question is;
Will the auction house be replacing FM? or will they work in tandem with each other?
  1. Whats better?49 votes
    1. Auction house!
       39% (19 votes)
    2. Free Market!
       4% (2 votes)
    3. I just hope both work together!
       57% (28 votes)

Comments

• KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    I think tandem.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2016
    The auction house will probably be the place where the stuff people actually want to sell for that particular price can be found. While FM shops will be where you'll find the items players want you to bid on.

Heh.
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Yea id rather not touch the FM again. AH all the way!
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    AH will be used for people selling stuff within the meso cap, FM will be for people trying to sell stuff over the meso cap (since they clearly wont remove the FM or shops and it hasnt even happened in KMS)
  • Ravebane47Ravebane47
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    I play on Reboot only so...
    I don't care!
    :D
    VolumezUserRed
  • SoreSore
    Reactions: 415
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Well it won't matter bc Nexon did not fix the crashing bug with the auction house. I guess they will either take it down another 12+ hours to fix it or just won't bother fixing it for a long time. Figures finally they bring the auction house and it's broken.
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    Sore
    Sore said:

Well it won't matter bc Nexon did not fix the crashing bug with the auction house. I guess they will either take it down another 12+ hours to fix it or just won't bother fixing it for a long time. Figures finally they bring the auction house and it's broken.
    oh god please no more updates

• NotNamedYetNotNamedYet
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    come on i need this AH im broke as hell i need mesos!!!
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    hopefully it replaces FM i haven't seen the FM in reboot active for a while unlike it used to be with the rooms all filled and people spamming for items to buy and sell.
    i haven't seen the auction house in this game but i assume it's like every other game, sell item for certain price paying a fee to sell it and then get taxed for said item after being sold. if this is the case i really don't see any difference compared to the fm atm since it's empty nobody is bidding on items and when people set up shop it's at a certain price already it just takes time to view all the items in every store from room to room
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

i haven't seen the FM in reboot active for a while unlike it used to be with the rooms all filled and people spamming for items to buy and sell.
    That's because you can't trade items in reboot.
    gorateron
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

hopefully it replaces FM i haven't seen the FM in reboot active for a while unlike it used to be with the rooms all filled and people spamming for items to buy and sell.
    i haven't seen the auction house in this game but i assume it's like every other game, sell item for certain price paying a fee to sell it and then get taxed for said item after being sold. if this is the case i really don't see any difference compared to the fm atm since it's empty nobody is bidding on items and when people set up shop it's at a certain price already it just takes time to view all the items in every store from room to room
    Excuse me what. Did you uh... forget the whole "no inter-player transactions of any sort" part of Reboot?
    Barfonwhalesgorateron
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

Barfonwhales

Excuse me what. Did you uh... forget the whole "no inter-player transactions of any sort" part of Reboot?
    actually i did, it's been a while since i played and stupid enough i was just remembering about this yesterday for another reason. lol thnx but outside of reboot if anyone is still alive in those servers i assume there fm is dead though anyways but idk i haven't played on my main server since big bang

• RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

Wait i thought in the reboot server players couldnt sell, buy, or trade itmes?

As for everyone else with the AH now being active i havent seen any bidding capabilities but i have noticed people selling items over the meso cap so i assume nexons original plan was to use the AH to replace the FM

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    My sides are gone after looking through the Scania AH and seeing all of the Gold Riche's Handkerchief pocket items listed for 300m+
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

My sides are gone after looking through the Scania AH and seeing all of the Gold Riche's Handkerchief pocket items listed for 300m+
    300m? i saw people putting it up for 1-2b!
  • WillSufficeWillSuffice
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    You also can't by individual items from a bundle. So if I'm selling 100 item crystals, they would have to buy 100 item crystals. This means that anyone selling in bulk will still use Free Market.
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    WillSuffice

You also can't by individual items from a bundle. So if I'm selling 100 item crystals, they would have to buy 100 item crystals. This means that anyone selling in bulk will still use Free Market.
    Actually from what I've seen this isn't the case at all

For example: Spell Traces.

On the AH I've seen people selling around 7000-9000 spell traces in one sale slot and me myself only needed around 1000

The AH allows you to pick how many of what item you are buying (granted it is stack-able)
    gorateron