[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

xRenZiiexRenZiie
Reactions: 675
edited December 2016 in General Chat
The game is currently unplayable! it is lagging too hard. FIX IT NOW
Barfonwhales

Comments

• RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    Please, take all the time you need, I don't even care anymore, but take this game back into maintenance and fix your servers. This game is literally unplayable right now.
    The game constantly freezes, monsters don't die when you attack them, skills don't even work because of the lag.
    Whatever it is you did during the last maintenance, it has failed miserably because the game was running fine all day yesterday before you "fixed" it.
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    cant even log on.
  • LovelyDevilLovelyDevil
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    i agree take down the servers. whats the point in playing the game if there is just going to be lag? i rather wait 24 hours for a playable game to have this unstable mess. Windia over here constantly disconnecting from just trying to train.
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I think Nexon is underestimating the amount of players coming back for the limitless event and 5th job. I don't remember reboot launch having this many problems.
  • SoreSore
    Reactions: 415
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    They won't fix anything they haven't fixed anything in the last 48 hours of maintenance. What makes you think they fix it right now? It's ridiculous bc theirs still tons of bugs going on in the game and the lag still exists. They should have taken the game down and fix everything before putting it back up. They also should have had far more preparation before implementing the patch in the first place.
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2016
    I wonder if the korean servers are so different from ours that they had to change quite a few things in the background.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    If they just had a test server where they fix bugs before releasing the patch this wouldn't be a big problem but who am I kidding.
  • Sh4d0wsSh4d0ws
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

Please, take all the time you need, I don't even care anymore, but take this game back into maintenance and fix your servers. This game is literally unplayable right now.
    The game constantly freezes, monsters don't die when you attack them, skills don't even work because of the lag.
    Whatever it is you did during the last maintenance, it has failed miserably because the game was running fine all day yesterday before you "fixed" it.
    I have not played yet today so I can't comment on the changes. However what you are describing is exactly what was happening to me yesterday. It sounds to me at very worst, the problem is not fixed.

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    This is hilarious. People came back to play but nope. Game is broken for 3 days now. I came back myself and I don't wanna waste time playing anymore.
  • riririrararariririrarara
    Reactions: 110
    edited December 2016
    I agree. There needs to be more maintenance for these servers. I logged in and saw a double xp event and decided to use my 3x xp coupon with the event only to be booted over 7 times from the game as soon as I did one of my skills. Pretty much wasted the coupon.
    DarkOath
  • lxlTheHunterlxllxlTheHunterlxl
    Reactions: 110
    edited December 2016
    i am also having this issue, could get on a bit with a lot of lag. Now i cant get on at all.
    Elvirin
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    I haven't seen this game be taken down for pure latency issues since maybe one time when Artasia was CM and even then it was cause of a serious exploit I think, its annoying having to wait for these patches and have these issues reoccurring with no kind of feedback on how to reduce/fix lag at all, I liked when they had 24 hr 2x sessions therefore people were asleep half the day while others were up instead of scrambling their schedule's to make both 2x's cause ive mainly noticed this issue extremely common during 2x times but todays just exceptionally worse
  • WhirlwhindWhirlwhind
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2016
    It was bad before, now its literally unplayable. Can't go five minutes without a crash.
    emperor52
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Honestly what was the maintenance for? This is worse than yesterday!
    emperor52gvnalmanza
  • KarthusKarthus
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    ´What's the point on having 2x events if u can even play because of lag ,i really don't understand...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Before maintenance Scania was barely lagging. After maintenance it's literally unplayable.
  • NarutoNaruto
    edited December 2016
    Tried playing on Reboot and kept dcing so I went to play regular servers and kept dcing there too.. All those maintenance and the game still has all these bugs.
  • Roarschach1Roarschach1
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Its not bugs, its player count. Their servers can't handle the stress, its what the downtime yesterday was SUPPOSED to have fixed.

It will probably get better when 2x EXP ends cause the counts will drop.
  • Chuck007Chuck007
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Ugh i thought i was the only one having the same problem -.-... the game once blocked me cuz they said i was HACKING
  • NarutoNaruto
    edited December 2016
    Roarschach1

Its not bugs, its player count. Their servers can't handle the stress, its what the downtime yesterday was SUPPOSED to have fixed.

It will probably get better when 2x EXP ends cause the counts will drop.
    i was playing on Bello to the player count didn't not cause the dcing , the just need to take the game down and literally take the time to fix all these issues