[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The only way to fix this problem is to permanently shut down reboot and permaban all the active players from there.
    This is the problem. That server causes all the latency problems and is screwing over the game for the rest of us.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    LittleTLK said:

The only way to fix this problem is to permanently shut down reboot and permaban all the active players from there.
    This is the problem. That server causes all the latency problems and is screwing over the game for the rest of us.
    R.I.P. My Thief Dream.

Tell Nexon I love them. Kappa. </3
  • AvelAvel
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Reboot doesn't even feel that good....The only upside is you can buy your NX consumables. Sure, that's nice for minmaxing. But fun value plummets when you realize pets still cost NX and skins as well.

Me and my friend on Khaini can't even level because of these latency issues. Bossing's a chore where it shouldn't be. Whatever the latency problem is stemming from...It should have been remedied when they 'migrated servers' last maintenance.

Best event ever: Too bad it'll last 2 weeks, because we certainly need more time than that to make use of it with this lag.
  • RysterStarkRysterStark
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    this lag its a joke for real
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    What would probably be better is to make GMS N.A. only. Either that or make bigger servers
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    GMS literally has all of N.A., part of Asia, Europe(now that they've merged.) , South America, and I wouldn't be surprised if Africa is on GMS too.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    RIP servers...(and my Zakum runs)
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2016
    i mean, i haven't read a single thread with them saying they know servers are unplayable during 2x (specially reboot), if they will fix it, or they trying, or we should just get used to it, nothing at all.

Do they even know about this issue?
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    No they aren't ignoring it.

They did a patch the other day on an "attempt" to improve server stability.

Did it work? Yes.
    However it wasn't enough.
    BUT!
    It was a lot better than the other day.
    ValryiaSirTeddyuresaki
  • DaYuffieDaYuffie
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

Did it work? Yes.
    lol
    Puayaemperor52BlueLimboShippouIDontKnowWhatMyNameIsGGBoy09Booberpuppy
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

Did it work? Yes.
    BUT!
    Huh it didn't work at all. I don't know what they did but I was far more stable and laggless before they "beefed up the servers".

OP I don't think they work weekends. Expect something done next week along with some bug fixes.
    Lilyfloweremperor52
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Chukki
    Chukki said:

Did it work? Yes.
    BUT!
    Huh it didn't work at all. I don't know what they did but I was far more stable and laggless before they "beefed up the servers".

OP I don't think they work weekends. Expect something done next week along with some bug fixes.
    What they did was add computers to Reboot.
    Each Reboot channel now runs on its own computer (there used to be between 2 and 4 channels per computer).

However, it appears that there is also a bottleneck elsewhere: in their network, or some central server such as the database, login, or BlackCipher servers. That bottleneck causes even servers that aren't Reboot, and aren't overloaded at all, to lag.
    Either that or DDoS.

ValryiaPetalmagicZephyrusSpring
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Peep
    Peep said:

Chukki
    Chukki said:

Did it work? Yes.
    BUT!

What they did was add computers to Reboot.
    Each Reboot channel now runs on its own computer (there used to be between 2 and 4 channels per computer).

However, it appears that there is also a bottleneck elsewhere: in their network, or some central server such as the database, login, or BlackCipher servers. That bottleneck causes even servers that aren't Reboot, and aren't overloaded at all, to lag.
    Either that or DDoS.

My friend told me the main reason of this is the Reboot population. So, every servers lag, Reboot being the worse of course. According to him, there is a need to get second Reboot server to GMS, like KMS did to considerably reduce lag. But at same time, we need to gain some players back to normal server. After all, normal servers give Nexon more money because of many CS sale events, likely Miracle Time, Philo book, Marvel machin and much more. The main reason of this is the players being too addicted to damage. They really should never have added bonus potential and make absolab way better than RA + Tyrant like it should be, then need absolab to do minimum damage for beating Lucid and even more.

I also have no idea why Nexon keep giving Prime Scrolls when Bret or another CM say they are not selling them anymore. But they keep to give, because of players damage addiction f3

I want suggest to Nexon, STOP adding new games in the company and put more staffs in Maple DevTeam to improve server stability and patrol normal servers, because botters affect economy, there is no need to patrol in Reboot because it is technically not a pay2win server.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2016
    The lag most certainly wasn't fixed, and to be quite honest, was WORSE the day they fixed it. Maple absolutely needs a second Reboot server. Maybe one easier, harder, or even the exact same. But it needs to happen. Too many people got fed up with the money hungry Nexon way's when Reboot came out. The only people who didn't are the people who've already spent thousand's of dollars on their characters.

There's just WAY too many people packed onto this one server. And on 2x!? HAHA Good luck doing literally anything without 10-20 second lag spikes. :)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016

The lag most certainly wasn't fixed, and to be quite honest, was WORSE the day they fixed it. Maple absolutely needs a second Reboot server. Maybe one easier, harder, or even the exact same. But it needs to happen. Too many people got fed up with the money hungry Nexon way's when Reboot came out. The only people who didn't are the people who've already spent thousand's of dollars on their characters.

There's just WAY too many people packed onto this one server. And on 2x!? HAHA Good luck doing literally anything without 10-20 second lag spikes. :)
    Reboot is basically worse than Scania at its most packed...=3="
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    then can't Reboot be put in it's own network? that should fix the lag in the main servers
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

Reboot is basically worse than Scania at its most packed...=3="
    lol I remember the old times when scania is packed good old times :) as for reboot it's not like before... RIP.

• ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Chukki
    Chukki said:

Did it work? Yes.
    BUT!

Most likely when your channel wasn't as active as it is now.
  • PeachzPeachz
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Ok Nexon...seriously...this is absolutely absurd! Every fracking channel, of every fracking world is 100% lag and disconnect central! How about you just go back to v177, and make a dedicated server with REAL testers for v178, and after that, DELETE THE FRACKING DATA!!!!!! Yes, new content is nice, but your player base is gonna drop further than it already has with a basically 100% downtime Game. /End rant
  • SniperBear13SniperBear13
    Reactions: 660
    edited December 2016
    to be honest, i don't think there is a whole lot they can do to stop or reduce the lag by much. with the sheer number of people playing right now, they might need to get acquire another server to help manage the workload.

i am no expert though so I'm just throwing an idea to the wind.