[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mega Burning items?

BunCakesBunCakes
Reactions: 1,020
edited December 2016 in General Chat
So earlier today I made a burning character, and have confirmed it has the 1+2 leveling up. However, I have yet to receive any of the items promised for a mega burning character through any quests or anything, and I've already reached level 61. I've long since passed the point where the level 30 gear box will be of any use, but I'd be very annoyed if I wasn't even given the promised frozen gear for my burning character.

Anyone else have this issue, or any suggestions for a solution?

Comments

• LeiSuoLeiSuo
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Same here lvl 40 and no signals of the any of those items. A friend of mine made a burning character too and no items for him too :(
  • MechyMechy
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Same, I just made a Hayato with burning today and got it to lv 34 and Im missing the items.
    Tested it on another account and created hayato and resistance with burning and they're missing the items.
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    Same here, also didn't get my hot day items on main or mule account.

WTF is going on?
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    Reactions: 595
    edited December 2016
    I dont know, but it's the same issue for me. I reactivated my long dead account in anticipation for this event, only to spend the last 7 hours trying to debug my issue and I have gotten no where.

Some quick notes:
    - Tried on 3 different accounts
    - Tried on 4 different realms/servers
    - Tried about 7 different characters
    - Tried Cannoneer, Hayato, and Shade [none worked]
    - Tried accessing the 'quest' in the posted notes [Star > 1+2 Level Up Challenge] This doesn't do anything except describe the benefits, it doesn't actually give you anything.
    - Tried accessing the above quest from multiple locations [Random world maps, starting zones, quest hall, and FM]

Nothing has worked.

Nice move Nexon, I'm very quickly remembering why I uninstalled before.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    When you burned your character, you received the following items at the beginning:
    • Lv. 30 Equipment Box: Contains level 30 equipment
    • Mysterious Cryptic Chest: Contains a snail pet
    • Legendary Cryptic Chest: Can only be opened at level 100, contains the Frozen set and two mastery books
    • Keep on Burning Title Coupon: Can only be used at level 130, double click to receive the title
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19144/level-up-with-the-mega-burning-project-11-30-12-13

Unlike other burning events, you must open the Legendary Cryptic Chest at or above level 100 to receive your Frozen set.
    Invulgo
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    edited December 2016
    K, well what we're saying is we didn't get them 'at the beginning' or at all. That's the point.
  • hiimahihiimahi
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Same here. I made my character today and confirmed that the 1+2 lvlling up thing was working. However, I did not receive any of the following items that the guy mentioned:
    Lv. 30 Equipment Box: Contains level 30 equipment
    Mysterious Cryptic Chest: Contains a snail pet
    Legendary Cryptic Chest: Can only be opened at level 100, contains the Frozen set and two mastery books
    Keep on Burning Title Coupon: Can only be used at level 130, double click to receive the title
    But on my other account, which I made the burning character i think the first day the event started, I received all these items. Did you have to make the character on the first day of the event to receive the tiems?? On the website it does not specify that you need to.
  • MechyMechy
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

When you burned your character, you received the following items at the beginning:
    • Legendary Cryptic Chest: Can only be opened at level 100, contains the Frozen set and two mastery books
    • Keep on Burning Title Coupon: Can only be used at level 130, double click to receive the title
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19144/level-up-with-the-mega-burning-project-11-30-12-13

Unlike other burning events, you must open the Legendary Cryptic Chest at or above level 100 to receive your Frozen set.
    Yes, but the thing is we're not receiving the said items upon the creation of a burning character. However the burning leveling up bonus works
  • SimbaXSimbaX
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    I leveled my gunslinger to 50 before noticing. Not some huge Nexon-hater, but how do they manage to delete/disable an entire quest?
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    edited December 2016
    Well, I give up. Honestly at this point I'm not surprised. Every event cycle that goes through maple since I can remember over the last few years have just been so convoluted and not thought out, that you have to do mental gymnastics to jump through all the correct hoops to get any benefit from it and honestly, I'm not game for this.
    Sucks, cause this was supposed to be the update that made me want to play the game again, and all it did was solidify that maple is just something to play periodically for a few minutes once in a while for nostalgic reasons or when something else you play is down for maint.

Hope they fix this, cause I give up. Goodluck with the event all.
  • T_VuT_Vu
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    This update has just broken the game even more
    DashCooper
  • MrRageQMrRageQ
    Reactions: 530
    edited December 2016
    I have the same problem I made a Kaiser and I haven't received the items for him either sitting at around lvl 30 now
  • AnlertzAnlertz
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    No one care? i have same problem and i want to item to train lv pls nexon
  • BunCakesBunCakes
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

I get thats how it works, but I never got anything when I made my character. Never had anything other than the box with the 5 hour snail that everyone gets. Never got the box with the frozen set, never got the coupon, never even got the lvl 30 gear box.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Oh lul, I just realized I didn't get any of my burning rewards at the beginning either. Not even the snail pet. Is this something they're aware of and are looking into? Both recent threads in the bug reporting section don't have any official replies and are getting buried.
  • BunCakesBunCakes
    edited December 2016
    it looks like they might just sweep those of us with this issue under the rug and hope we forget about it.
  • TorippiTorippi
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited December 2016
    Just checking to make sure, have you guys check the Star Icon and make sure you talk to the quest NPC to receive the boxes? 'Cause they don't automatically show up in your inventory. The NPC will ask if you are sure you want to get the gift boxes when talking her.

Edit: Ah, I see what you guys mean now. Just made a new char on my alt with burning event and didn't get the quest to get the boxes either nor do they show up automatically.
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Nope, never got the boxes in the first place, please try to understand what your players are trying to say before commenting, because it kinda hurts MY feelings at the very least and is a bit annoying at the same time.
  • AnlertzAnlertz
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Any one get anything? i dont get anything with gift of burning player. so sad
  • LordRyuxLordRyux
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    not getting anything same old nexon post 1 time with useless information that we already know then never post again like always wiping this issue under the rug while the issue still isnt fixed like always gotta love this company eh ?