[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Get Rid of Cubes on Reboot

aharri23aharri23
Reactions: 300
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Honestly, or make it to where mesos are easier to gain from higher level mobs. I feel like its dumb that I have to make a whole new character I don't even wanna play just to fund my main one and spend hours farming mesos for a small chance that my equipment could be upgraded. No other RPGs operate this way, anyone else agree?

Or make it to where you get 1% damage, 1% boss damage, 1% pdr, 1% crit dmg increase upon leveling up in Reboot. Simple.
  1. Should cubes be in reboot?23 votes
    1. Yes
       48% (11 votes)
    2. No
       30% (7 votes)
    3. IDK
       22% (5 votes)

Comments

• TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    aharri23
    aharri23 said:

Honestly, or make it to where mesos are easier to gain from higher level mobs. I feel like its dumb that I have to make a whole new character I don't even wanna play just to fund my main one and spend hours farming mesos for a small chance that my equipment could be upgraded. No other RPGs operate this way, anyone else agree?

Or make it to where you get 1% damage, 1% boss damage, 1% pdr, 1% crit dmg increase upon leveling up in Reboot. Simple.
    What about playing a normal server? If you dont want to spend countless hours for minimal gains, play a normal server. Yes its is Pay to win. BOTH are, reboot is pay to win too. You pay with time instead of money. But the amount of HOURS you spend making mesos in reboot is wayyyy less efficient than getting a job and spending money on the real servers. Common misconception. Reboot is actually just filled with more bots and hackers and macroers but provides people who cant get a job with a chance to get stronger. I know most of the population is of legal working age.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The problem isn't that we have cubes in Reboot.
    It's that we have Blackgate. And MP3. And all the other non-KMS areas with weak mobs that drop disproportionately high amounts of meso.
    These areas are what makes you "have to" make a meso-farming mule and spend 90% of your time on that mule in those maps.
    In KMS, Rebooters collect meso on their mains, in the highest-level area they can access, at the same time as training and collecting useful drops like 5th job cores. It's still grindy, of course, but at least you're grinding on the character you want to play and improve.
    JettLuvsUIvangold
  • aharri23aharri23
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The problem isn't that we have cubes in Reboot.
    It's that we have Blackgate. And MP3. And all the other non-KMS areas with weak mobs that drop disproportionately high amounts of meso.
    These areas are what makes you "have to" make a meso-farming mule and spend 90% of your time on that mule in those maps.
    In KMS, Rebooters collect meso on their mains, in the highest-level area they can access, at the same time as training and collecting useful drops like 5th job cores.
    It's still grindy, of course, but at least you're grinding on the character you want to play and improve.
    Yep you're right, I guess I worded my suggestion wrong. I would love it if the game were more like that.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Reboot isnt meant to be played through your non main'd character (Kanna) to farm meso for your main, and the non-KMS areas have not been re-balanced to drop a proper ratio of meso for the level, But I bet you 30 billion meso that if nexon ever did change the meso drop for those areas, there would be many rage posts and people quittting over the fact they wouldn't be able to farm easy meso anymore. no one playing on GMS reboot have had the real Reboot experience you were meant to have.
    JettLuvsU
  • FlylowFlylow
    Reactions: 760
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

aharri23
    aharri23 said:

What about playing a normal server? If you dont want to spend countless hours for minimal gains, play a normal server. Yes its is Pay to win. BOTH are, reboot is pay to win too. You pay with time instead of money. But the amount of HOURS you spend making mesos in reboot is wayyyy less efficient than getting a job and spending money on the real servers. Common misconception. Reboot is actually just filled with more bots and hackers and macroers but provides people who cant get a job with a chance to get stronger. I know most of the population is of legal working age.

I'm sorry but what? "paying with time" is no where near the p2w normal servers. You're using your time to earn what you work for.