[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give us Meso to Maple Points Exchange like in Kms

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please Give us Maple Points to Meso Exchange like in kms . it's should work both ways : Meso > Maple Points, and Maple Points > Meso.
Krosis95
  1. Should we get MP>Meso exchange like in kms ?51 votes
    1. Yea I would love that :)
       92% (47 votes)
    2. No i like paying real money , i'm rich :P
       8% (4 votes)

Comments

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited December 2016
    Agreed.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    It sucks GMS finds a way to cut so many cool features that KMS has.
    This is random but I wonder what the KMS cash shop looks like and if they used the same gambling type of system GMS has to get nx clothes. I remember when GMS used to put the new perma nx clothes in the cash shop so you could directly buy them and not have to gamble hundreds of dollars to get a overall or hat you like.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

It sucks GMS finds a way to cut so many cool features that KMS has.
    This is random but I wonder what the KMS cash shop looks like and if they used the same gambling type of system GMS has to get nx clothes. I remember when GMS used to put the new perma nx clothes in the cash shop so you could directly buy them and not have to gamble hundreds of dollars to get a overall or hat you like.
    I have found the Kms Cash shop on KMS - Reboot, looks the same on normal servers but has items for well mesos insted of Cash/ Nexon Cash/ NX , Look At 3:43 In the video. Your'e welcome :)

THIS LOOKS BEUTIFUL

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    Well, i guess the real reason we will never get are the hackers, imagine what they could do if this was implemented to the game.. i prefer the way it is.
    JettLuvsUKylehell007LilyflowerSkyTheDestroyer
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Well, i guess the real reason we will never get are the hackers, imagine what they could do if this was implemented to the game.. i prefer the way it is.
    What could they do? Buy all of the NX that other people bought and cube some gear? The meso market would almost eliminate the blackmarket in game for buying NX codes, because it would provide a legitimate way to trade mesos for maple points/NX without the risk of getting scammed or banned. And its not like you can just turn mesos into NX, someone has to put some up for sale first, Nexon is still getting sales.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

It removes the need to buy NX with meso from shady deals. People already buy Meso with real money anyways, so it's not like we're changing their focus. Plus this would give another reason for Nexon to squash botters. They're already stuffing a server.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

This is random but I wonder what the KMS cash shop looks like and if they used the same gambling type of system GMS has to get nx clothes.
    It's not exactly the same, instead of surprise style boxes, they're style coupons instead. They also have higher profile items that you can get via the Masterpiece system, which is just you fuse two of the items you get from the coupons for another gamble to get the Masterpiece exclusive equips. Basically all clothing is permanent, though, so if you don't want the fancy new clothes, you can just buy the classics that are usually available in the cash shop (they rarely, if ever, add more clothing directly to the cash shop anymore).
    gamechanger

The meso market would almost eliminate the blackmarket in game for buying NX codes, because it would provide a legitimate way to trade mesos for maple points/NX without the risk of getting scammed or banned. And its not like you can just turn mesos into NX, someone has to put some up for sale first, Nexon is still getting sales.
    Meso Market isn't a system that lets you trade for NX other people bought, you trade your mesos for Maple Points that are generated by the system and you sell your Maple Points for mesos that are generated by the system. It is somewhat regulated by the fact the exchange rate fluctuates based on player action, so it's kind of like that, but there is nothing to stop botters from getting as many Maple Points as they want even if people aren't actively selling their Maple Points, aside from the poor exchange rate, but that's hardly a deterrent to botters, and would ultimately hurt the legitimate players who are unable to afford the extravagant exchange rates.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    No, you have to put up Maple Points to be sold in KMS n the meso market. People can't buy maple points if no one put them up to sell. Nexon ensured, correctly I might add, that they would still get the sale. KMS CS has this maple point coupon that you can buy that gives you X amount of maple points to sell in the meso market for mesos (its a 1:1 conversion between NX you pay and how much Maple Points you get to sell I believe)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The Maple Points aren't "generated by the system". If nobody is selling Maple Points (bought with NX in the Cash Shop) then nobody can buy them.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    LF> evidence that you can now sufficiently buy MP via mesos in GMS if not I have no idea why this post is even started/ongoing AT ALL. it takes the knowledge of a 1st grader to know how to use nx legit and have no complications when and if it comes to an account ban threat, either way, seeing that nx-meso rates are like 1:400 now id rather just buy nx and keep it for myself then buy it for a ridiculously overpriced amount essentially draining me of all my meso income. Sure selling nx sounds better then ever now, too bad every item your aiming for is prob 30-70b clean given marvel rewards, you'll essencially be spending more on the clean item then you will landing even 12 primes with protects and slating it combined
  • OccireOccire
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

No, you have to put up Maple Points to be sold in KMS n the meso market. People can't buy maple points if no one put them up to sell. Nexon ensured, correctly I might add, that they would still get the sale. KMS CS has this maple point coupon that you can buy that gives you X amount of maple points to sell in the meso market for mesos (its a 1:1 conversion between NX you pay and how much Maple Points you get to sell I believe)
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The Maple Points aren't "generated by the system". If nobody is selling Maple Points (bought with NX in the Cash Shop) then nobody can buy them.
    I'm sorry, what exactly makes you think this? NexonKR has never said anything that would lead you to believe that you're actually buying and selling Maple Points from other players.

Those Maple Point coupons existed long before Meso Market was a thing. They weren't added so you could sell Maple Points through Meso Market. It's basically so that you're forced to exchange NX for Maple Points (locking your NX from other Nexon games) if you want to use some of the Maple Point only systems, like paying to revive after dying if you don't possess any wheels, ditto with buff freezers, Monster Park REBORN, name changes, and of course, meso market itself.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    Occire
    Occire said:

gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I'm sorry, what exactly makes you think this? NexonKR has never said anything that would lead you to believe that you're actually buying and selling Maple Points from other players.

Those Maple Point coupons existed long before Meso Market was a thing. They weren't added so you could sell Maple Points through Meso Market. It's basically so that you're forced to exchange NX for Maple Points (locking your NX from other Nexon games) if you want to use some of the Maple Point only systems, like paying to revive after dying if you don't possess any wheels, ditto with buff freezers, Monster Park REBORN, name changes, and of course, meso market itself.
    um thing is... your not getting ANY additional maple points so I see no more point in your plea for a free like 500kmp at tops, when you nor anyone else will definitively, not be gaining anything else especially with ur dogged 2Tyming conspiracy meso business I'm assuming you work for or else you wouldn't give one OUNCE of a single thought of complaining about a MORE THEN typical marvel inflated economy. if you knew this game so well like its the back of your hand then you know not to spend a dime unless absolutely pertinent during marvel season
  • OccireOccire
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

um thing is... your not getting ANY additional maple points so I see no more point in your plea for a free like 500kmp at tops, when you nor anyone else will definitively, not be gaining anything else especially with ur dogged 2Tyming conspiracy meso business I'm assuming you work for or else you wouldn't give one OUNCE of a single thought of complaining about a MORE THEN typical marvel inflated economy. if you knew this game so well like its the back of your hand then you know not to spend a dime unless absolutely pertinent during marvel season
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say, and it doesn't seem to have to do with anything I'm saying, did you mean to quote someone else?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Meso=maple points that's nice but we won't get it :/ because u know nexon wants $$$$$.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Lilyflower

Meso=maple points that's nice but we won't get it :/ because u know nexon wants $$$$$.
    We said the same thing about auction house , so who knows? we might one day
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Occire
    Occire said:

I think you need to read this Guide made on how it works

Just because Max didnt explain how it works doesnt mean we don't know how it works
  • TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    PhantomMasterThief

Please Give us Maple Points to Meso Exchange like in kms . it's should work both ways : Meso > Maple Points, and Maple Points > Meso.
    this will ruin the game due to bots. It will just be reboot in every normal server. If you want mesos for maple points go play reboot please dont ruin every other server
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Lilyflower

idd nexon wants $$$ that's why they should make the nx trad.
  • OccireOccire
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

I think you need to read this Guide made on how it works

Just because Max didnt explain how it works doesnt mean we don't know how it works
    Like I said, NexonKR hasn't said anything that would lead you to believe this is a trade between players, I would think their official guide would point out that you have to wait for a matching transaction to pop up, and that's the only source I've seen that's actually said anything to that effect.

I exhausted all my meso market transactions today to re-test the reasons I had for believing it's not a trade between players, mostly that you can't trade for far below the exchange rate, despite being "matching criteria" as the guide says (I set up two accounts one buying mesos for 173 Maple Points, and one that tried to sell 100m for 173 Maple Points, but ended up with a successful transaction at exchange rate), and the fact that at exchange rate transactions are always instantaneous.

Because of the first thing, I figured your asking price was more of a reserve value thing than an actual asking price, but you can actually sell for a slightly more favorable exchange rate without the global exchange rate changing, so the first thing is probably a result of some buyer/selling protection. And the second thing, it's still always instantaneous, so I don't know about that, maybe it'd be different on a fresh server.

But anyway, I guess that's enough evidence that it does involve other players.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    i think this will really help out a lot of maplers.

please consider implementing this into GMS.