[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

should we expect ninja nerf on v coins from boxes?

Kylehell007Kylehell007
Reactions: 1,295
edited December 2016 in General Chat
SANTABOXES Considering same exact thing happened last year in attempts to prevent "coin exploits" no matter the proof that these are outdated or lightly used if even at all anymore cause event shops aren't a 3rd of what they used to be in terms or rewards and even now there limitations. So will we be reduced to the same 30 nonsense coins after a next sc like the V-boxes disgracefully give or will we be allowed to actually farm majority of the items from the event shop this year without Nexon, nerfing ridiculously a limited tedious coin demand of items in the process?
  1. what to expect55 votes
    1. ninja nerf down to 30 coins or take out 5-3-2 numbers
       22% (12 votes)
    2. leave alone 0 limit on v-coins now
       67% (37 votes)
    3. read this and then team discusses matter oops
       11% (6 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Should we expect the sun to come up tomorrow?

Of course the boxes will have a coin limit instated. They may well have the 2-3-5 coins replaced by noses again, like last year, to make opening them extra painful.

Doesn't matter if the shop has nothing worth buying, Nexon limits coins on general principles.
    Booberpuppy
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Of course the boxes will have a coin limit instated. They may well have the 2-3-5 coins replaced by noses again, like last year, to make opening them extra painful.

Doesn't matter if the shop has nothing worth buying, Nexon limits coins on general principles.
    In other words. farm as many as possible before next possible downtime cause u know for sure were getting boinked
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

AKradian
    AKradian said:

In other words. farm as many as possible before next possible downtime cause u know for sure were getting boinked
    Yes, we will get shafted very soon and instead spammed with useless USE inventory. History repeats itself, and if it means ruining an actual good event, you can count on NX to do so. That said, get out there and take maximum advantage WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    I'm expecting them to completely remove Shining Santa Box.

On a serious note, the question should be when will it happen. They generally ninja-nerf everything.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

SANTABOXES Considering same exact thing happened last year in attempts to prevent "coin exploits" no matter the proof that these are outdated or lightly used if even at all anymore cause event shops aren't a 3rd of what they used to be in terms or rewards and even now there limitations. So will we be reduced to the same 30 nonsense coins after a next sc like the V-boxes disgracefully give or will we be allowed to actually farm majority of the items from the event shop this year without Nexon, nerfing ridiculously a limited tedious coin demand of items in the process?
    why did u have to be so dumb? and write in on their forum? now u are going to ruin it.

Moderator note: Please don't call other users names
    Caelee
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    edited December 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

Kylehell007

why did u have to be so dumb? and write in on their forum? now u are going to ruin it.

Its not being "dumb" in any manner whatsoever. like above posts have said, history repeats itself. I was just curious if we'd get a forewarning before obvious expected annual ninja nerf on boxes, if you think me posting this in any aspect or consideration swerves the thought process of nexon from NOT applying this nerf for like 3rd year in a row, then, think again. Go farm boxes now like I said before then you shouldn't have much concerns
    Booberpuppy
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    it would be unfair if they limited boxes now. all ppl dont play 24/7.
    leave it as it is imo it makes the game more fun.
    take your bureaucracy elsewhere.
    thanks.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Jacaru
    Jacaru said:

thanks.
    i dont think you understand.

Nexon are going to nerf it anyway, they likely already knew about it as soon as the event started and silently made plans to "fix" it just like they did last year.

it will likely happen over the next server check as per usual ninja nerf.
    Kylehell007Booberpuppy
  • WillSufficeWillSuffice
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I think Nexon should lower the drop rate of boxes to 1/4 of the rate. Right now they are so easy to get. Imagine what its like on 2x.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    edited December 2016
    WillSuffice

I think Nexon should lower the drop rate of boxes to 1/4 of the rate. Right now they are so easy to get. Imagine what its like on 2x.
    nah just completely remove entire event yo idk why your thinking so hard into this. simple solution no need for fractions. sux I cant get even 700 without dcing in evo lab but ya I'm supporting you. nerf them increase pointless rascal drops too why not I mean your vouching for that too basically, should make latency more intense too while collecting boxes/loot/rascals cuz without it its basically like a free for all right? LOLOLOL
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

Jacaru
    Jacaru said:

thanks.

Nexon are going to nerf it anyway, they likely already knew about it as soon as the event started and silently made plans to "fix" it just like they did last year.

Nexon needs to just be honest about this stuff. They know quite well what's going on by now. Ninja nerfs just gonna piss people off. Perhaps they like people complaining more? A little more transparency please. Just release the event with the header on the first day or two as "unlimited coins from boxes, limited time only!". No, better yet, make it a weekend only event so we can cram in even more players on the one "good" server left to fall over each other in pursuit of mediocre rewards in to an over densely populated and overtaxed server system, then the NX team can sit back and sip coffee in tiehr pajamas during their weekend off and laugh at all the hundreds of people lagging out and DCing/posting complaints. As if they don't have enough of that going on already...
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    I hope they just leave it, the majority of stuff in the shop most people care zip about, it's all about that bis ring. Even with the amount of boxes you can get I don't have a pet so I'll be lucky to even get enough for that ring.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

Catooolooo

Jacaru
    Jacaru said:

thanks.

Nexon needs to just be honest about this stuff. They know quite well what's going on by now. Ninja nerfs just gonna piss people off. Perhaps they like people complaining more? A little more transparency please. Just release the event with the header on the first day or two as "unlimited coins from boxes, limited time only!". No, better yet, make it a weekend only event so we can cram in even more players on the one "good" server left to fall over each other in pursuit of mediocre rewards in to an over densely populated and overtaxed server system, then the NX team can sit back and sip coffee in tiehr pajamas during their weekend off and laugh at all the hundreds of people lagging out and DCing/posting complaints. As if they don't have enough of that going on already...
    that's assuming they even intended the event to start with no coin limits.

There's still nothing stopping them from saying it was an "Introductory Coin giveaway" from santa boxes post nerf like they did with SW gear when commerci was first introduced.
    Kylehell007
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    You really think the lack of a limit is intentional?

As usual, they had their hotfixes undone by patches from Korea, so the boxes now give the same stuff they did at the start of last year's events.
    They'll realize it soon enough and probably nerf it again the same way (only to have the nerf undone yet again by next year).

Nexon is way more incompetent than it is evil.
    BooberpuppySkyTheDestroyer
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Please no, I need this.
    30 coins a day is not enough.
    Kylehell007PetalmagicSatìre
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited December 2016
    Uh, has anyone gotten 2x drop coupons? I've opened over 800 boxes and haven't gotten one. I've also barely gotten any 2x exp coupons, a total of 10.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Uh, has anyone gotten 2x drop coupons? I've opened over 800 boxes and haven't gotten one. I've also barely gotten any 2x exp coupons, a total of 10.
    Some characters are glitched, and don't get any drop coupons. Plenty of exp and att, just no drop.
    I've had this issue on my main ever since we first got these shining santa boxes (2 years? 3?)
    Fortunately my mules can get them, and they're tradeable.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited December 2016
    Guh, okay thanks. Guess I'll have to try on some other characters before tonight ends.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    Why do people automatically jump to conclusions and assume this isn't intended? Have you actually seen the prices and added them all up? Sure if you spend 8 hours a day farming boxes it's easy, but for normal people, even at this rate, it's quite some work to get enough coins to buy everything you want.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first, nor the last time Nexon disappoints everyone.
  • IDontKnowWhatMyNameIsIDontKnowWhatMyNameIs
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

You really think the lack of a limit is intentional?

As usual, they had their hotfixes undone by patches from Korea, so the boxes now give the same stuff they did at the start of last year's events.
    They'll realize it soon enough and probably nerf it again the same way (only to have the nerf undone yet again by next year).

Nexon is way more incompetent than it is evil.

lmao, I'm getting Reboot coins from the Xmas stockings and I'm in MYCKBN lolol