[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

should we expect ninja nerf on v coins from boxes?

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

Why do people automatically jump to conclusions and assume this isn't intended?
    because this exact thing happened last year and the year before, and every time they ninja nerf it, they remove the stacks of more than 1 coin and throw a limit on it, the last time the limit they added was 60 coins.
    it doesn't matter what the prices for things in the shop are, they want to limit what you can get from the shop and force you to pick carefully with the limits they set.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited December 2016
    I hope this was intentional

I need 4000+ coins to get all the chairs, mounts and a few extras
    thats not including the V coin shop season 2

Us collectors need this stuff
    Satìre
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    On the bright side, now the nerf won't be totally unexpected.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    On Reboot (99% of the MS player base, anyways) by concept of the way the server rules are set up, it's not like it really matters that much if people complete an entire set of goodies from this one event, instead of having to carefully calculate and choose just two or three items because of a coin cap. There is no economy to screw things up by people mass farming/selling scrolls, services, etc. from that list of goodies. So what's the harm if some people have the time and just want to go all marathon, throw some tunes or movies/anime on in the background, and get it all done in one or two days. The game use to be fun that way, where if you had major time invested, every one could see it visually, and you got to sit on a virtual throne of sorts before every one else reached those lofty goals because of those steadfast efforts.

As currently is, it comes down to who has the most time on their hands, or, alternatively (and hopefully not) the best botting capabilities. If they want to make us have to grind a bit to 100% the list of goods (already quite that way...I just spent 6+ hours farming V coins to finish off ONE ring on ONE character today, and that was on top of all other coins already gathered from the V tracker quests/30 daily coins from boxes over the last few days), well hey, that's fine, but just don't draw things out and restrict choices with making it another "daily" quest by limiting daily coin intake. Moreover, don't make ninja changes to do so and then pretend like it is no big deal at all, despite the huge backlash.

Most people hate forced requirements of doing long drawn-out dailies just to get decent rewards anyways (play WoW for a week or less to see all about how "fun" that is) so they should just leave it alone because it's just fine the way it is right now, as it was just fine last year before they pulled the rug out from under us, and it's not hurting any one to have no limit on santa box coins.

The ninja nerf they did last year to put a lid on the daily coins from these boxes was just a jerk move toward reboot players, as it will be this time around if they decide to do so. If you were playing back then when the server was fresh, it was a HUGE buzzkill to most of us for something that was looking very promising as a resurrection of some much needed changes to this game. Also, just let me remind you once again of what they put in place of the coin distribution last time, which was hundreds upon hundreds of completely worthless timed expiration RUDOLPH'S RED NOSE, which was just pouring salt in the wound if you ask me. All we ask is that they please do not repeat this senseless mistake again.
    Satìre
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Whether they nerf it or not, with this lag, the game is painful to play at best and straight-up unplayable at worst so some people might not even be able to farm boxes efficiently enough anyway before Nexon slams the limit ceiling on these things.
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    Thought this was "Limitless" V patch.........not Limit the V coins patch.
    KingStarfireIts2Sharp4UdetexTelleSmithOdysseyTwoSatìreR4DAzn
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    The Patch Notes don't mention anything about this matter.
    But, that's why we call it a Ninja Nerf I guess. It'd be kinda sad if they'd change it anyway.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited December 2016
    I really wish they don't. Chairs, damage skins, rings, scroll boxes... they all cost insane amount of coins.

But they most likely will ninja nerf it and we will have yet again another Rudolph nose festival.
  • TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited December 2016
    its so sad we know that this will happen... Everything in the store is hella expensive and limited coins will probably drive me into my ''don't care'' state when i just think that i wont bother since dont know if im able to play on so many days and farm them boxes.
  • PastafarianPastafarian
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2016
    If they do I'll give up on getting anything big like the ring. When boxes have been nerfed in previous events, I've tried rationing and saving boxes to open the next day when they give coins again. It's no fun and I always seem to end up with stale boxes after the event ends.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Please no, I need this.
    30 coins a day is not enough.
    Q_Q I wanna get my Vengeful Ring plz...
    TelleSmith
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I planned ahead this year. Just in case, I already got the 1,200 V coin ring on my main and another for my auxiliary character. Now that the 'big one' is outta the way for my 2 mains, I can at least allocate the remaining possibly slow trickle of coins to the other fun little extras, if they do make the ninja change again. I feel for all of of you that weren't ahead of the curve, though, and hope the nerf isn't too severe.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    It would be extremely stupid to put a limit on the boxes considering you'll need over 6k coins to collect only the chairs and mounts. The shop also closes this very month, putting a limit on the coins would make it impossible to get them in time.
    edit: fixed misleading numbers.
    Bini
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited December 2016
    After all the downtime they had before and all the things they screwed up in the past if they left it as is I would be extremely grateful and I know many others will be as well. Most things in the shop are untradeable anyways so I have no idea how it is that someone could make and exploit from it anyways. The drop rate is alright I suppose just enough that you actually have to work to get the boxes if you really want it. Also most things are so expensive in the shop how in the hell will we even come close to getting enough coins just to get these items?
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Please no, I need this.
    Well with the coins I got yesterday, I have enough to gt to +17 upgrades on my ring, so I could be able to do it.
    But I also want other things from the shop...
  • CaeleeCaelee
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

Kylehell007

SANTABOXES Considering same exact thing happened last year in attempts to prevent "coin exploits" no matter the proof that these are outdated or lightly used if even at all anymore cause event shops aren't a 3rd of what they used to be in terms or rewards and even now there limitations. So will we be reduced to the same 30 nonsense coins after a next sc like the V-boxes disgracefully give or will we be allowed to actually farm majority of the items from the event shop this year without Nexon, nerfing ridiculously a limited tedious coin demand of items in the process?
    why did u have to be so dumb? and write in on their forum? now u are going to ruin it.

Moderator note: Please don't call other users names
    This is how i feel. The small chance they leave the event alone, you put it the minds of the DEVS. that hey maybe the players are getting a lot of coins.. So thankins for sharing.
  • RonRonRonRon
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I mean, if you guys remained silent about this, I would'nt be expecting a nerf tbh
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    RonRon
    RonRon said:

I mean, if you guys remained silent about this, I would'nt be expecting a nerf tbh
    if people remained silent the nerf would have happened regardless, Nexon somehow always knows how to "fix" something helpful to the players
    Kylehell007
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Petalmagic

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Please no, I need this.
    Well with the coins I got yesterday, I have enough to gt to +17 upgrades on my ring, so I could be able to do it.
    But I also want other things from the shop...
    I'm on reboot...so I gotta get a ton of coins for the reboot version.
  • PastafarianPastafarian
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2016
    Aw, damn. Looks like we've got yet another event where I log in, open boxes from days before till I hit the daily coin limit, then log out saving my remaining boxes for tomorrow. I hate that. Feels like doing chores.