[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Now that you nerfed the Santa Box

BelloPallyBelloPally
Reactions: 1,905
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Some items in the V Coin Shop are virtually impossible to purchase.

So according to my calculation, from the Hi-Five boxes you can get maximum 450 coins, and from the nerfed Santa boxes you can get maximum 210 coins. (Or even less due to that amazing 35-hour maintenance) That sums up to total of 660 coins. Maybe up to like 800 coins if you received all your Hot Day gifts on one character.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of coins... and it would be only if everything doesn't cost like 500 coins! For an unknown reason, many items in the V Coin Shop cost absurd amount of coins. Hell, this one chair - ONE chair - costs 1300 coins. Other chairs and mounts, although not as expensive, also cost from 120 coins to 800 coins. The only reasonably-priced items I see are scrolls and tickets.

Let's be honest. We all knew the nerf was coming. After all, the same exact thing happened last year with the Reboot update. The unlimited amount of coins from the Santa boxes, an issue where some characters don't get any drop coupons at all - these all happened last year, too. (Yes, they did not bother to fix that) But 10 coins per day? And since 12/14 is the last day of Hi-Five boxes, soon we will be left with only Santa boxes unless a new method of obtaining coins is introduced.

Now I do realize that you don't want us to buy out the entire shop within few days. That would be 'no fun' in your standards, right? However at this rate many of us will barely manage to purchase one or two things... Or just give up on our original goals and buy something else. This dumb 10-coin limit must go away.
RedLeafHeart777ChukkiLairGamesdayJacarudeadend5193

Comments

• JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    There's going to be a Season 2 for all of the V update events when the 5th job actually comes out, you can check on the event calendar (unless they removed them from the list I can't check). Just stock up on the coins as much as you can until then. I'm assuming they won't get rid of the current items in the store.
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited December 2016
    JetUppercut

There's going to be a Season 2 for all of the V update events when the 5th job actually comes out, you can check on the event calendar (unless they removed them from the list I can't check). Just stock up on the coins as much as you can until then. I'm assuming they won't get rid of the current items in the store.
    They will remove the current items. other than scrolls and entry tickets, all chairs mounts and equips will be replaced with different one as season 2 begins. At least that's what happened in kms.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Not to mention on top of that there is no telling what, if anything, we'll have to get coins from for "season 2"
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    There's no use by date on the current V coins, so I wouldn't stress about it. 40 coin limit is still better than the 30 coin limit we had before this maintenance.
  • SwordofShieldsSwordofShields
    Reactions: 745
    edited December 2016
    Kind of a bummer they did this, I'm not interested in grinding every single day for a meager amount of coins. Events like that with arbitrary limits effectively make this game less "fun" and more of a part time job with no payoff. I'd rather waste my life working some part-time wage slave job somewhere, it's the same kind of work but at least there's money in it.
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    360 more v coins for me to fully upgrade my vengeful ring you guys think it worth it?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2016
    JetUppercut

There's no use by date on the current V coins, so I wouldn't stress about it. 40 coin limit is still better than the 30 coin limit we had before this maintenance.
    There was no limit before the maintenance. There was a limit of 30 from the Hi-Five boxes, yes. But the Shining Santa boxes were unlimited.

40 per day is abysmal when you have people who spent all of yesterday farming and opening boxes to the point of buying out the entire coin shop.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    There will be more events occurring on the 15th, when 5th job and Arcane River open. Check the in-game event tab (hotkey "event").

What we currently have now are the High Five events, minus the NEXUS event, plus some Christmas stuff.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    JetUppercut

actually before tha maintenance we had 30 limit on the V boxes but the santa boxes had unlimited, so we actually had an unlimited coin potential limited to just 40.

30 from V box and 10 from santa unless you get the magical glitch
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Sure wish I were one of those people who had no life obligations and was able to farm thousands of coins before the limit was instated. Now I am not sure I will be able to get my ring since I work full time, unless the upcoming events actually give good coin rewards. Siiigh. ):
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    The system of doing these "daily quest" style V coin gatherings for a pittance of capped coins, saving up over days or even weeks for one decent prize at the end, just doesn't line up with what most Maple players want. It leaves us with nothing else desirable to do from the event. We don't care about "what's to come" with availability to more (restrictive and limited) coin gathering methods later down the road. The method of collection before the dumb nerf was just fine. The only thing that should have been adjusted was perhaps the drop rate of the boxes or the chance at them popping out coins, and I mean only just a little bit.

Most of us are are hardcore grinders. TIME INVESTED = POWER GAINED and that's how we like it. From my understanding, which comes from years and years of playing this game and having countless friends/acquaintances/party buddies and so on, grinders are the target demographic of who plays MS the most. We'd rather spend hours foraging currency for an event, save up coins to get our prizes RIGHT NOW, then be able to actually ENJOY them while the event has brought a gathering of more people, showing off our shiny new toys and appearances and capabilities to friends in town, and so on.

This new dynamic of restrictive rewards is one of the most idiotic changes I've ever seen to this game. It goes against everything that this game was founded on. To top that off, Nexon foolishly released a short period of unlimited availability to V coins upon release of the event, which created a situation of unfairness, with the extremes of imbalance, with the two sides being the haves and the have-nots with the grand 1,200 cost V coin ring.

If I wanted all this dailies crap, I'd just go play WoW instead. Nexon has ruined this event for a lot of its players, 2 years in a row now. Disappointing.
    FadedTanyaGamesdaySrcionWANHEDAdeadend5193
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    Some of us aren't receiving lucky winters from the boxes. The stockings from the boxes still give reboot coins. Why couldn't they have fixed the real problems that exist with this event instead of creating a new one? Seriously, the event shop already has daily limits and a mostly untradable item base that people already couldn't abuse, so limiting the coins was a pointless and stupid move. Unless nexon thinks being able to get all the untradable event chairs is a terrible thing that absolutely should not happen? This move just further added to the frustration and basically took away all the fun.
    deadend5193
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

The system of doing these "daily quest" style V coin gatherings for a pittance of capped coins, saving up over days or even weeks for one decent prize at the end, just doesn't line up with what most Maple players want. It leaves us with nothing else desirable to do from the event. We don't care about "what's to come" with availability to more (restrictive and limited) coin gathering methods later down the road. The method of collection before the dumb nerf was just fine. The only thing that should have been adjusted was perhaps the drop rate of the boxes or the chance at them popping out coins, and I mean only just a little bit.

Most of us are are hardcore grinders. TIME INVESTED = POWER GAINED and that's how we like it. From my understanding, which comes from years and years of playing this game and having countless friends/acquaintances/party buddies and so on, grinders are the target demographic of who plays MS the most. We'd rather spend hours foraging currency for an event, save up coins to get our prizes RIGHT NOW, then be able to actually ENJOY them while the event has brought a gathering of more people, showing off our shiny new toys and appearances and capabilities to friends in town, and so on.

This new dynamic of restrictive rewards is one of the most idiotic changes I've ever seen to this game. It goes against everything that this game was founded on. To top that off, Nexon foolishly released a short period of unlimited availability to V coins upon release of the event, which created a situation of unfairness, with the extremes of imbalance, with the two sides being the haves and the have-nots with the grand 1,200 cost V coin ring.

If I wanted all this dailies crap, I'd just go play WoW instead. Nexon has ruined this event for a lot of its players, 2 years in a row now. Disappointing.
    Many people dislike grinding and the grinding mentality. Including myself, actually.

Regardless, as I said, there are more events coming up. If you do not care about upcoming events, then I don't know what to say.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Many people dislike grinding and the grinding mentality. Including myself, actually.

Regardless, as I said, there are more events coming up. If you do not care about upcoming events, then I don't know what to say.
    The major point here is there was no need for a box nerf, nothing in the shop can break the game since there is a purchase limit. They only announce the nerf after the maintenance was done also they failed to refer that they reduced box drop rate by 1/3.
    This seams that was done just to annoy the players. Instead of looking to fix the major issues with the game namely broken bosses and the European accounts they chose to spend their time nerfing an event.
    And guess what Reboot state is still the same, just look at the servers status in SouthPerry.

Nexon has no excuse in this, there is no point to this nerf, it can't be justified by anything. I don't even know how you can volunter in the forum for a company that doesn't listen to their playerbase. Look at support section= no support. Test the gms in live chat, they don't know anything about the game. The last stream was a disgrace, plus they fired probably the only person in their staff that played the game.

It is sad that a company tries to kill a decent game. Nexon did with other games, Dragonest, Atlantica, etc. and it is doing the same here. I like maple I hate nexon.
    GamesdayWANHEDAdeadend5193
  • InfamousNaviInfamousNavi
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    if they atleast gave a reason why they want 10 coins as a limit i'd be content with that. but as of right now, not talking about it and trying to justify it with actions without words it's just pointless. this is nexon america after all, the guys that use blue potions on a kinesis.
    WANHEDA
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2016
    InfamousNavi

if they atleast gave a reason why they want 10 coins as a limit i'd be content with that. but as of right now, not talking about it and trying to justify it with actions without words it's just pointless. this is nexon america after all, the guys that use blue potions on a kinesis.
    The reasoning is basically "oops we forgot to set a limit on coins from that box and a crapton of people just farmed a ton of boxes and bought out 90% of the shop, we should probably keep more people from doing that".
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    A couple of cubes doesn't go to break anything, nor the ring (which you can only use 1) nor a couple of scrolls or the chairs or dmg skins. It is xmas season why not let the players get some nice cosmetic stuff from the event store easily?

I farmed enough coins for my ring, because I knew what was coming and also warned in the guild, but a lot of ppl didn't have that chance. Why put stuff in the event store if they are unattainable for most players? The price of the chairs for example is outrageous...

• NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

Neospector

The major point here is there was no need for a box nerf, nothing in the shop can break the game since there is a purchase limit. They only announce the nerf after the maintenance was done also they failed to refer that they reduced box drop rate by 1/3.
    What was the point of the box nerf: none, just to annoy the players. Instead of looking to fix the major issues with the game namely broken bosses and the European accounts they chose to spend their time nerfing an event.
    And guess what Reboot state is still the same, just look at the servers status in SouthPerry.

Nexon has no excuse in this, there is no point to this nerf, it can't be justified by anything. I don't even know how you can volunter in the forum for a company that doesn't listen to their playerbase. Look at support section= no support. Test the gms in live chat, they don't know anything about the game. The last stream was a disgrace, plus they fired probably the only person in their staff that played the game.

It is sad that a company tries to kill a decent game. Nexon did with other games, Dragonest, Atlantica, etc. and it is doing the same here. I like maple I hate nexon.
    It's a method to reduce the, again, grinding mentality. I remember specifically back when Evolution Lab was the place to be, the only thing people would do in there was farm thousands upon thousands of boxes. It was rather toxic and awful for casual players who didn't grind 24/7, and KMS has done well producing events that rely less on farming these boxes.
    It subtracts from the event itself in favor of mindlessly killing mobs and spam-opening boxes. I honestly see no problem with it.

It's also a lot easy to change a minor thing (a daily limit) than it is to fix bugs. From a personal example: I'm created a webpage from a .php file recently and it works fine, but I attempted to create a new webpage on the same server from an identical .php file and the server returns a http 500 error.

Finally, Southperry is listing servers as down because the guy who runs the server status page hasn't been updating IP addresses. This is why Reboot 20 is listed as down despite the fact that I'm currently sitting in it now (and it's also full of players).
    Look at the official server status page instead, all green.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    I find it funny that the main reason to nerf these boxes is "to reduce the grinding mentally" when this game is nothing BUT one big grindfest.
    Sorry, but I don't buy this excuse. These boxes actually gave me a reason to take a couple of steps outside of Henesys and actually train my character because it paid off with some cool new chairs. And if this is "unfair" to players who don't like the grinding aspect of it, why not change it to something that requires less grinding instead of just nerfing it beyond reason.
    GamesdayWANHEDAdeadend5193
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

That's fine you dislike grinding, I get it. But in turn, do you actually LIKE having an event destroyed with restrictions such as this? They took it to insulting extremes. They could have done this more tastefully is my ultimate point. What they did was spitting in the player's faces, and I know I'm not alone with that feeling.

10 coins only per day from those santa boxes IS A JOKE. I don't care how you try to justify it. The math speaks for this. Cost of the rewards in the shop versus how long it would take at the rate of 40 coins per day, is a joke.

Resorting to long, drawn-out and boring daily quest requirements in MMOs is just a lazy approach to keeping players logged in. If they need to do that in order to keep their people coming back to the game day after day, something is terribly wrong.

I DO care about future events. I hope they can do them in a much more tasteful way than the current joke that's playing out. What I don't care about is how they plan to "make up" for the obvious mistake of overly restricting the current coin intake and then dangling expensive lofty prizes which we will now be forced to wait for...FOR NO GOOD REASON.
    Celeste123Gamesday