[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arkarium.

buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
Reactions: 410
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
The single worst boss in the game. None of it is fair. Summons snakes that can't be killed unless your a mage. Spams the map wide instant kill and get this, 5 death counter. Why the hell do I have to wait to get the 5th job bind to be able to solo this boss reliably? Absolutely terrible design.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    Well, not 5th job binds. If you're a Hayato with CD-cutter Hitokiri Strike, it's then a race to push Arky to 1 corner of the map or the other and then spam the everloving hell out of Hitokiri until ded.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    MakazeKiba

Well, not 5th job binds. If you're a Hayato with CD-cutter Hitokiri Strike, it's then a race to push Arky to 1 corner of the map or the other and then spam the everloving hell out of Hitokiri until ded.
    Its sad that people have come to rely on bugged attacks and what is almost an exploit of a skill to kill this boss just to get around his mechanics
    buccaneerlolKylehell007deadend5193MakazeKiba
  • marcienmarcien
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited December 2016
    what's wrong with getting a party to boss with? this is an MMO after all.

idk bout you, but i love ark for being so generous with dropping suspicious cubes, honour and a bunch of crafting items
    Kylehell007JettLuvsU
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    marcien
    marcien said:

idk bout you, but i love ark for being so generous with dropping suspicious cubes, honour and a bunch of crafting items
    There is little to no benefit to have a full party for Arkaruim. All the drops are not instanced except for soul shards.

That's why most people prefer to solo bosses, it's all about the rewards and loot.

Arkarium's Netherworld Monks that only get damaged by magic and Screen Crack that can instant kill a wide range in mere seconds without some map-built in protection are outdated for today's game play.
    gamechangerJettLuvsU
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    marcien
    marcien said:

Yes, it is an MMO. But the community's mindset has shifted to that of single player over the years. Its incredibly hard to find a party for unpopular bosses, and Arkarium is one of the most unpopular (possibly only hard hilla is more unpopular than him because of her cage nonsense).
    JettLuvsU
  • marcienmarcien
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

Its incredibly hard to find a party for unpopular bosses, and Arkarium is one of the most unpopular (possibly only hard hilla is more unpopular than him because of her cage nonsense).
    whelp i guess i can count myself fortunate to have family members maplers to boss with.

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2016
    Here we see yet another example of broken boss mechanics; assuming Ark's screen crack falls under the dreaded %HP based category (multiplied by 100 for full HP depletion).

The problem is the players no longer have any form of counter skills or abilities to work around with. Even the HP formidable Paladins, Heavens Door Bishops, and Holy Magic Shell Priests have lost any and all form of utility to such poorly planned designs.

gamechanger
  • AvelAvel
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    marcien
    marcien said:

gamechanger

Its incredibly hard to find a party for unpopular bosses, and Arkarium is one of the most unpopular (possibly only hard hilla is more unpopular than him because of her cage nonsense).
    whelp i guess i can count myself fortunate to have family members maplers to boss with.

Oh yeah, because those people you could hit and/or yell at if they take your precious items that weren't already agreed to be shared. Because of that lack of internet anonymity, you have a fair time with the loot on that boss and communication.

Fortunate indeed!
  • WantSumCandyWantSumCandy
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    just get ultimatum ring and rush rambo it...
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    You imply the Ultimatum ring is an easy item to obtain?

Depends on the world, your gearing, and, most importantly, your persistence until you do get one.