[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[DISCUSSION] V

Comments

• GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    Mek
    Mek said:

How about people start to read the previous posts before posting something? You know, the answer to your questions might already been aswered. -good advice-
    Yes because people like reading thru 20 pages filled to the brim with comments..........now if we had a keyword searcher then I wouldn't mind finding that comment.

• MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Mek
    Mek said:

How about people start to read the previous posts before posting something? You know, the answer to your questions might already been aswered. -good advice-
    Yes because people like reading thru 20 pages filled to the brim with comments..........now if we had a keyword searcher then I wouldn't mind finding that comment.

And guess what those 20 pages have all in common hein hein
  • MicahsaurusMicahsaurus
    Reactions: 230
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to ask this again. If Nexon needs SysAdmins, I can be contracted. I have pretty reasonable rates. I specialize in data redundancy and servers. Give me a ring Nexon!
  • hypnogrishypnogris
    Reactions: 530
    edited December 2016
    I HATE this update. I cant even get pass the home page because I keep jamming out to the music! Why did they think this was a good idea?
    Mrjovoni
  • NotDoctorsScientistsNotDoctorsScientists
    Reactions: 945
    edited December 2016
    hypnogris
    hypnogris said:

I HATE this update. I cant even get pass the home page because I keep jamming out to the music! Why did they think this was a good idea?
    Because the music is awesome :D

• TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Lag and lag and more lag + dcs and crashes a lot worse than before
    Changes in characters cards- not announced
    New UI where you can't resize anything besides the chat window but you can't increase the chat font (why the effort if you don't allow to resize anything)?
    The HP bar it is too small for me to manage well my hp like I did before (very bad size for people with eye sight problems since you can't resize it) Example of a resizeable UI- Tera
    You upgrade new UI yet still the game doesn't memorize where you put the maple guide window for example or the soul charger when you log off.
    You upgrade new UI yet you fail to put an ingame clock
    Dimensional mirror doesn't have NLC anymore and commerci takes us to a map out of the town
    You broke gollux
    Ludi clock tower maps still are with wrong names
    The upgrade to the world map doesn't include the Far East (forgot it?)
    You couldn't fix the change channels bug with this UI upgrade?
    Why remove the exit game button and replace with change characters which takes us to the login screen? Seriously...
    Monster book key doesn't appear when you choose secondary key settings
    Make a damn skip button for the game intro and that memorizes the option! (example FFXIV)
    Why only give 30 V coins a day?
    Why make an event reset each time you dc? The counter restarts again each time I dc or crash, thanks for the 3h or more of my life wasted everyday trying to get a reward in a game that is totally unstable. This is stressful and far from enjoyable.
    Why your staff doesn't have the same degree of professionalism like KMS?
    Why don't we treat the hackers like in KMS?
    Why didn't we get the same compensation that KMS had when they had problems with the V update?
    Why gives us 15 minutes 3x exp card that disappear if we log off??? The game client is always crashing!
    Why don't you give each event day 3 4h cuppons to the players to use in any day of the week instead of making the exp events always at weekends?
    Why put so many events at the same time? Players have a life outside the game, it makes it stressful, no event should require that you stay online for 3h per day every single day!

And most important question: Why doesn't Nexon treat their player base as potential paying customers? The last stream was shameful.

PlasticHollyGamesday
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

Lag and lag and more lag + dcs and crashes a lot worse than before
    Changes in characters cards- not announced
    New UI where you can't resize anything besides the chat window but you can't increase the chat font (why the effort if you don't allow to resize anything)?
    The HP bar it is too small for me to manage well my hp like I did before (very bad size for people with eye sight problems since you can't resize it) Example of a resizeable UI- Tera
    You upgrade new UI yet still the game doesn't memorize where you put the maple guide window for example or the soul charger when you log off.
    You upgrade new UI yet you fail to put an ingame clock
    Dimensional mirror doesn't have NLC anymore and commerci takes us to a map out of the town
    You broke gollux
    Ludi clock tower maps still are with wrong names
    The upgrade to the world map doesn't include the Far East (forgot it?)
    You couldn't fix the change channels bug with this UI upgrade?
    Why remove the exit game button and replace with change characters which takes us to the login screen? Seriously...
    Monster book key doesn't appear when you choose secondary key settings
    Make a damn skip button for the game intro and that memorizes the option! (example FFXIV)
    Why only give 30 V coins a day?
    Why make an event reset each time you dc? The counter restarts again each time I dc or crash, thanks for the 3h or more of my life wasted everyday trying to get a reward in a game that is totally unstable. This is stressful and far from enjoyable.
    Why your staff doesn't have the same degree of professionalism like KMS?
    Why don't we treat the hackers like in KMS?
    Why didn't we get the same compensation that KMS had when they had problems with the V update?
    Why gives us 15 minutes 3x exp card that disappear if we log off??? The game client is always crashing!
    Why don't you give each event day 3 4h cuppons to the players to use in any day of the week instead of making the exp events always at weekends?
    Why put so many events at the same time? Players have a life outside the game, it makes it stressful, no event should require that you stay online for 3h per day every single day!

And most important question: Why doesn't Nexon treat their player base as potential paying customers? The last stream was shameful.

sums up a lot of my feelings pretty well, i'd also add, why have a 12 hour maintenance to address the server load latency and when it obviously didnt fix it or make any notable improvements you just completely go silent on it and act as if it's addressed, reports are its even worse than before on non reboot servers

why give compensation, have an unscheduled maintenance through the 2x we were given for compensation plus one of the regular 2x and not replace either of them or offer something better than 30 minute of 3x for the 6 hours of 2x we lost.

Why is there 18+ pages of bug reports since this update and the only one you commented on or paid any attention to was the marvel machine one,, oh that's right it's a cash shop issue, that nickname you earned in korea was well earned

and yes that last stream was horribly embarrassing, there's going to be memes about it for years, why would a company struggling with it's reputation set itself up for ridicule like that

and lastly why with all the promotions and advertisements for the last several months and how you know that the players have been begging for 5th job for years didnt you adequately test the server load before hand
    Temptation
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited December 2016
    And again make the event hall bearable, I can't spend my v coins if I'm getting 1 frame every 5 seconds on the lowest graphic setting.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    TheNyanCat

And again make the event hall bearable, I can't spend my v coins if I'm getting 1 frame every 5 seconds on the lowest graphic setting.
    The V Coin shop is also in Henesys and Leafre.
    Invulgo
  • Sh4d0wsSh4d0ws
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    My only issue thus far with this patch has been the immense lag during double exp. I found some channels are worse than others as well in terms of lag but overall still fairly poor.

Recommend adding more power to the servers, at least until the hype dies down and population goes down a bit. And fix any of the particularly obvious bugs.
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    My thoughts so far:
    The update itself is really good. 5th job coming, HYPE! New UI? HYPE. Link skills easier to link/unlink? HYPE Auction house? MUCH HYPE

Here's what disappoints me:

Increased stack sizes for alot of items. Well come on, 100 potions to 3000 is nice, but why not 9999 ? You dropped the ball on this one.
    Maintenance during a 2x exp/drop event, which wasn't compensated in any proper way.
    Insane lag mostly throughout the day.
    Frequent disconnections, even after you've 'beefed up' your servers (did you mean encasing your servers in actual beef maybe?)
    After the next maintenance, another daily V coin limit (from the santa boxes), it seems a bit absurd and rather frustrating.
    Losing flamed stats on items. I know it's a bug, I know they're mostly not REALLY gone. But this means I still can't SELL my phc which had 5% all stat on it, because you can't see it. It was stated that my account would be locked and the items restored, but this never actually happened.
    The crit damage bug on launch, really Nexon? Don't you test your updates? How come people were getting 4000%+ crit damage ,capping their damage at 10 bil lines and soloing lotus? HOW COME?

There's more things that disappoint me, but I feel like this list is long enough already.
    MekKittyIsAU
  • DilbertDilbert
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I haven't played in probably over a year now, but I've been keeping my eye out for 5th job. I haven't been excited for an update in years, but I don't even care anymore... There's no hope for this company. It's good to see things haven't changed with Nexon, and obviously never will.
  • SitzuSitzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    Is 5th job after today's midnight?
  • DarXanvoDarXanvo
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    hey, just wanna ask if they would be including the second 5th job skills in the upcoming updates?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    DarXanvo
    DarXanvo said:

hey, just wanna ask if they would be including the second 5th job skills in the upcoming updates?
    Sure, in about six months.
  • misshighIQmisshighIQ
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Is it just me, or does my nightlord 5th job skill not work? The animation shows stars flying in 4 different directions but only 1 line of stars hits. It's as if I'm using regular quad star X-X. In the KMS videos the stars that don't hit the target, resurface from the mob or boss and hit something. It looks like a spinning star, and I think I'm not getting that.
  • misshighIQmisshighIQ
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    O-O now it works xD
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    time to job adv
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited January 2017
    Non-Reboot only ?
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    The record event is just downright stupid. We all know who the record holders are going to be and they're going to suspiciously all be either blaze wizards, kenises, or blasters.