[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Volatile, Vulgar, Crass.

DalethDaleth
Reactions: 1,855
edited December 2016 in General Chat
I know! You guys are pissed about hackers, santa boxes, V-Coins, lag, down time, ETC. But the state of this forum is really depressing, is makes people like me have a lot less fun participating in the community - yeah, I can be weird, but I never down right spew bile. - Think of Nexon Employees as your Teacher - they may stink at their job, they may just sit there and hand out homework, and they may hand back exams months late (or they may be great) - but they are still your teacher, and they have earned your respect simply by rank/title.

I understand how hard and annoying it is for all this stuff to happen at once - but they are just as mad! All the down time, all the issues, it's not their fault, and they are trying to fix it. Do you think that the forum GM's like @Neospector @KThxBaiNao and @OneLetter made the final decision on all the things your mad at? Maybe? but probably not! They are the ones taking the brunt of this and trying their best to keep things civil, and they have not really done anything wrong.

I really am mad about these things too! But I might make one or two posts on a thread about it, not go through the entire forum searching for threads to rant and rave about it! I am cool with a mega thread or something, but just opening the forum and seeing all that makes it a bummer to participate!

Look, Nexon may not be the best, but they've brought is years of fun, and even if you've quit, you still used to like it, and they still try!

Maplestory is a great game, but it is JUST a game, Sure, we've all spent a months rent on this game once or twice, but it's not the end of the world if a few boxes get limited. IT STINKS, but it is no excuse for all this hate.

I really think that it's great to voice your opinion, but they know about all you've said already, and making a post on 4 different threads of the same topic and repeating the same thing is just no fun..

I really feel your pain, and as a hard core mapler I am bummed with you - but that does not change the situation.

I saw a post saying "Christmas should be a time of joy and nexon is messing that up!" or something like that, but like, is that not what we're doing too? We are kinda making a innocent game's forums volatile, which kinda ruins the happiness of the game, does it not?

Just spread a little love now and then ok?

With love, Daleth.
JettLuvsUValryia
  1. Will you spread the love a little more after reading this?45 votes
    1. Yes! I love you! I love me! I am in a happy family!
       2% (1 vote)
    2. Yeah, I will
       2% (1 vote)
    3. Maybe, I'll think about it
       13% (6 votes)
    4. Depends
       11% (5 votes)
    5. Probably not
       22% (10 votes)
    6. Absolutely not and I hate you Daleth, you have stupid posts.
       20% (9 votes)
    7. How can I spread the love when I am nothing but a shell of what I once was, I am a dark abyss
       29% (13 votes)

Comments

• TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Bc1151 said:

Think of Nexon Employees as your Teacher - they may stink at their job, they may just sit there and hand out homework, and they may hand back exams months late (or they may be great) - but they are still your teacher, and they have earned your respect simply by rank/title.
    LOL, gained your respect simply by rank/title? Clearly you were never a teacher, as a teacher I don't expect my students to give me respect if I don't respect them and do my job well...
    JettLuvsUAzgaurdICSOblivionMajusteaMaryseRedLeafHeart777LairJetUppercutKittyIsAU
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

Bc1151 said:

Think of Nexon Employees as your Teacher - they may stink at their job, they may just sit there and hand out homework, and they may hand back exams months late (or they may be great) - but they are still your teacher, and they have earned your respect simply by rank/title.
    LOL, gained your respect simply by rank/title? Clearly you were never a teacher, as a teacher I don't expect my students to give me respect if I don't respect them and do my job well...
    I went to Canadian Highschool.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    That's well and good, but it remains that people are entitled to their opinions, regardless of how positive or negative they may be. And as long as no one crosses the line into spewing straight vitriol, then they are fully able to voice those opinions.
    JettLuvsU
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Respect is earned by dedication and action, not by rank. Nexon has showed incompetence, disrespect and disconnect to the player base.

It is their job to keep this game up and running, so should we give them respect for doing the bare minimum? They have to go above and beyond and actually listen to us to expect to earn respect.
    JettLuvsURedLeafHeart777
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    So it's fine for you being in a school with incompetent teachers, learning nothing (and paying for it)? Just because in that school you had fun the years before? So it's alright if this year is beyond terrible and you just have to be fine with it? If that's your position, let me tell you that next year will be even worse.
    JettLuvsU
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2016
    I was forum mod over in EMS for 5 years, I've been on both sides.
    I've been complained at, insulted, sent threats, plus various other not so nice things.

I think that when people are unhappy they have a right to say that, but it should be done in a polite way.
    You have no benefit from being rude to those trying to help you. This goes for both on the forums and through Customer Support.

However I also believe that when people are unhappy those that represent Nexon should be giving feedback. Now I know without a Community Manager that is probably not going to happen so much and honestly I don't exactly know what the Volunteers exact job is, as it seems a lot different from what I did.
    When the community doesn't feel like it is being listened too that is when you get multiple topics about the same issues, because people want to be heard.

Yeah sometimes people don't understand who makes decisions, but that is just part of the job =/.
    I would suggest maybe more volunteers for the forums, as I said before EMS forums closed I would be happy to help out, but again I'm not quite sure on their job exactly as it seems I had a fair bit more responsibility over in EMS as a forum mod.
    DalethBahamut_XYonaxSniperBear13MarysesparebladeRedLeafHeart777
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    The people you are asking us to show some respect for are pretty much the direct cause of the unpleasant aura here. No one would be angry if they didn't keep giving us reasons to be angry. Respect is something you have to earn.
    I know bugs like the Gollux one and skills that disconnect people and what not can't be fixed overnight and I accept that, some people who are affected by this more directly might not accept this as easily, that's in their own right. But then they proceed to spoil the fun by nerfing meaningless events and that makes people angry. And it's not just this event, it's all these little things that keep adding up.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Keep smooching, bc1151. Maybe some day you'll get that forum mod status you live and breathe for.

Jokes aside, Nexon has done good things and bad things. But lately, some of their decisions have made it VERY hard to appreciate the good things they do.

This is just the nature of gamers, and your flowery pro-NX love speech is not going to change the fact that we take our games very seriously. We have a lot of valuable time invested here, and yes sir, you bet your ass we're going to voice our opinions when things aren't up to snuff. And 10 coins/day restriction with lofty goals such as 1,200 coin rings...IS NOT UP TO SNUFF.
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2016
    When all is said and done, Nexon is not the worst, but certainly not the best either.

I would prefer more constructive critism over "MARBARGLYUSOCK", though.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Just for the record, not a GM. Just a forum mod.
  • BanzaiBanzai
    Reactions: 440
    edited December 2016
    TFW u realized Neospector is a MOD. LOOOOLLL i saw that coming years ago
    Daleth
  • SniperBear13SniperBear13
    Reactions: 660
    edited December 2016
    i learned to stop spreading my own hate by remembering one key lesson that many, MANY gamers have seem to forgotten; it's just a game, if you mess up, just try again; that's the best part about games. mistakes can be made but more often then not, they can be fixed.

getting angry solves nothing other then making other people angry at you and raise everyone's blood pressure a few notches, and high blood pressure can lead to heart problems, and that's something no one wants.
    Daleth
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    SniperBear13

i learned to stop spreading my own hate by remembering one key lesson that many, MANY gamers have seem to forgotten; it's just a game, if you mess up, just try again; that's the best part about games. mistakes can be made but more often then not, they can be fixed.

getting angry solves nothing other then making other people angry at you and raise everyone's blood pressure a few notches, and high blood pressure can lead to heart problems, and that's something no one wants.
    Also @Bc1151 : While it might be true that being angry gets people nowhere, people are invested in this. People love and/or enjoy this game so much that it's all the more upsetting when Nexon yanks the carpet from under their feet and they can't help lashing out. No one wants to be angry. It's an uncomfortable feeling and no one spends their time looking for ways to piss themselves off, but their love for this game makes them angry even if they're aware it's just a game. No one can control how they feel and everyone has their own way of coping and if venting it out in the forums (within reason) helps take the load off, let them. There's a certain feeling of unity when people do this and it makes them feel better. It doesn't affect you personally and if you're chill, that's great. Keep calm and carry on and let the inferno burn here.

I'm not going to say anything more since I have nothing to offer that the people before me hadn't already said. I'm not one to beat a dead horse with a stick. Just adding my own two cents to what both SniperBear13 and you said.
    Booberpuppy
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Does anyone else not care about Nexon's feelings? They don't care about us or our experience playing the game so why should we?

@Bc1151 You talk about respect but it seems like you haven't been around enough to know just how much nexon LACKS respect. Seeing how most of the people who have commented so far have been against you/nexon i'll keep it short and just say they deserve far worse than what they're getting. And the fact that our ex-CM quit/got fired in the midst of all this chaos only shows that everyone who is upset has every right to be and then some. Maple may be a free to play game, but people still invest enough time and money for them to provide a somewhat stable game for EVERYONE to play and also to be able to communicate with their community. Which they obviously lack.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Respect is a two-way street.

Just like @Okhura I was previously a Volunteer as well and, even if I tried giving everyone respect, I didn't get most of it back. People would go as far as finding my personal email or phone number or even where I lived. A title doesn't mean that you'll be guaranteed respect.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited December 2016
    The "respect" thing based on title/rank is downright stupid. Respect is EARNED, it isn't someones privilege or right.
    JettLuvsURedLeafHeart777
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited December 2016
    Lol, respect based on title/rank? Judging others based on their title is just as dumb as judging others based on their wealth. Respect is not a bonus that comes along with your title. It is something that must be earned through your attitudes and actions.
  • AceWilliamzAceWilliamz
    Reactions: 545
    edited December 2016
    Nexon and Players is not like a teacher-student relationship. If anything it can be compared to a restaurant environment. If the Chef (nexon) makes good food then the costumers (players) are happy and will keep coming back. If the Chef takes a in your food and gives it to you what do you think would happen? Does that chef deserve respect just because they made a product?
    And the "they have earned your respect simply by rank/title" is nonsensical. This is a company, they don't out rank their consumers. Producer-consumer relations is an equal partnership.

I agree that directing anger towards forum moderators and GMs is irrational. And of course there are going to be issues. And I am more than willing to put up these hiccups, but my frustration comes from the fact that they make very poor decisions. Half the time it seems like they don't even test the changes they make. And its not like many of these issues are new. If no one knows how to fix a problem then hire someone with more experience who does.

I like this game but if nexon keeps failing then they should be called out on it. I agree that some people might take it too far.

If you are hellbent on sticking to your teacher-student analogy try switching the roles. If the student (nexon) is doing wrong then the teachers (players) will respond differently. Some teacher may not care that the student is failing, and some will get upset that the student is wasting their potential.

JettLuvsU
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Customers should be the dictators of how a business is run and not the other way around. But somehow, Nexon keeps getting undeserved business from an endless supply of its player base. People vote with their wallets when it comes to video games. I suspect a lot of the supporters are just a steady non-stop stream of newcomers who are just fiddling around on a new game, getting sucked in by all the flashy lights and cutesy chibis, not knowing what's really going on here, and buying cosmetics and such only to find out later on that they just invested in something that is not really worth investing in.

I'm pretty certain the majority of their income can not be coming from the ones like us who are voicing their opinions on how bad things are now. If you are voicing yourself like this and still spending money on NX, then I say shame on you for directly supporting the very thing you detest so much.
    forumsareannoying
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2016
    Finally somebody else with the same outlook as me, if you're not a scania player ima cry.
    Daleth