[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• WillSufficeWillSuffice
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Why are the servers ill-equipped for amount of players? Has Maple just been downgrading them every patch. To be honest, I think that server and performance optimization is more important than new updates at the moment.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited December 2016
    you have not the slightest idea of what its happening with maplestory do you?
    well i can only guess but right now they have a rather ridiculously big amount of issues to deal with
    sadly i dont know who is behind all this but am pretty sure this system its a triangle/piramid aswell
    right now the communication with the staff in order to achieve anything its going to be harder
    i wonder if the "migration" was because ems didnt have enough "whales" to support it if the game stays like this more will take leave
    as part of this community id love to help them but am sort of far away...
    but if you know somebody living at cali that actually knows server management {hardware & sofware} and knows korean please try to be that middleman
    i dont see why we need a CM at all when we can have volunteer mods to handle this forum
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    So...Lag is back. Not good for me and my party right now...the Kanna died a few times due to it...some of us can't loot, is it just my sad little 5 man party? or are there others?
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    It's everyone
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I'm lagging pretty bad, too. RIP potato servers.
    Kylehell007
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Lost my 2x exp coupon trying to grind to lvl 175 now its gone ty Nexon you should do another server maintence!
  • John360John360
    edited December 2016
    SERVER MAINTENCE! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
  • John360John360
    edited December 2016
    The lag is real dcing non-stop!!!
  • John360John360
    edited December 2016
    It seems the Nexon is end the year with LAG!
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    A tip: if you lose by dc or dying you can re-log to get it back where it was(if it had13min left should have 12min due to the time you go back), even enjoyables winters are recoverable.
  • John360John360
    edited December 2016
    cant log back on keeps dcing me when i choose a world.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2016
    =3= Its a shame cuz I had a party to farm star force mobs...
  • ICSOblivionICSOblivion
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

A tip: if you lose by dc or dying you can re-log to get it back where it was(if it had13min left should have 12min due to the time you go back), even enjoyables winters are recoverable.
    Really?
    I gotd dced and lost my 2x drop frome the Santa boxes and i had like 10 mins left.

• JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Yeah for some reason when the game kicks you, you lose all of your buffs.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    They should change that the exp coupons effect stays even when dc'ing .
    That would be fair.
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    I've noticed for the past 2 or 3 days now, that the lag has started around 10PM (EDT) which is about 2PM in Australian time, so does anyone else think that could be because even more people are getting on at that time?
    We already have North America, Europe, and now Australians on all at the same time around these hours, this is one of the bad things about being "Global".
    If a company can't host a strong enough server to host multiple regions, then it needs to be for North America only.
    No offense to the people outside of NA.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2016
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

I've noticed for the past 2 or 3 days now, that the lag has started around 10PM (EDT) which is about 2PM in Australian time, so does anyone else think that could be because even more people are getting on at that time?
    We already have North America, Europe, and now Australians on all at the same time around these hours, this is one of the bad things about being "Global".
    If a company can't host a strong enough server to host multiple regions, then it needs to be for North America only.
    No offense to the people outside of NA.
    Interesting theory...
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I lag too
    Everytime i use frozen orb to kill mobs my laptop goes jhtkbhfhbb.
    They really need to upgrade their servers.
    Its 2016.
  • WantSumCandyWantSumCandy
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    a 10 year old server is outdated.

it doesn't take much money for a multibillion dollar industry -multi million dollar company to get a new server.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    WantSumCandy

a 10 year old server is outdated.

it doesn't take much money for a multibillion dollar industry -multi million dollar company to get a new server.
    That's assuming that they haven't updated hardware as needed. And I honestly don't think even they are that stupid that they would use servers that are ancient by technological standards.