[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Solid Proof Forumers Don't Play MapleStory Anymore

AK712AK712
Reactions: 1,840
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Let's get to the facts.

The majority of the forumers here don't even play the game anymore. This is blatantly obvious if you look at everything they are saying.

There are tons of people complaining about "the coin limit becoming 10 coins". But this is completely false. The V boxes expire on the 15th. But the event list clearly states two new events that start on the 15th: one called "It's Party Time!" that ONLY gives V coins, and one called "Icy Onslaught" that has boxes that MAY give V coins. Let's not forget that there are the Saturday V days that give 3x coins. So this is a blatant lie by people who clearly don't even log on anymore. There are also tons of people complaining about the event lasting "30" or "31" days. But the event list shows events that give V coins until 1/18/2016. So it's yet another lie by people who have no clue what they're talking about. Finally, everyone is complaining about Nexon "not doing anything about anything". But not only is this obviously proven false when looking at the list of bugs fixed in all of the updates, but everyone saying this is directly contradicting themselves when they said the exact opposite about both the update before the V event and the V update, which everyone said was "one of the best things in a long time".

So it's clear that the majority of forumers cannot be trusted in anything. If you want real information, play the game instead.

-Captain Obvious

Close reason: Baiting players into proving that they play the game to have a "valid" opinion in original posters eyes. Accusing players of lying and posting false information due to "not playing the game". This thread has a flamebaiting nature.

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    0_0 So if i post in to that complain thread of the limit of coins, i will counted as having never played it.

K~
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    "forumers"

Really now? This is almost as bad as calling somebody a casual or hardcore.
    Never knew we had titles above our head.

We are regular players but apparently being on the forums too much makes you a "forumer" smh
    Celeste123Tryptik101
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe we're complaining about the Shining Santa Boxes having a 10 coins limit?
    Which I'm pretty sure that's what we're complaining about, at least that's what I'm complaining about.
    BooberpuppyCeleste123ToymakerNiightseekerBanzaiThe Blue CorsairLilyflowerforumsareannoying
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    What a post. I guess the fact that those fortunate enough to have exploited the first 24 hours of the boxes before the nerf and got the 1,300 V coin chair and the 1,200 V coin ring, along with all those expensive damage skins and chairs and the high level of unfair imbalance that created somehow slipped your conscience, also? They weren't too concerned with the expiration dates on the boxes, but rather opening them before the obvious nerf maintenance began. Here goes, along with all of us "forumers"- W to the O to the W, I'm officially impressed with your enhanced level of stupidity.
    Celeste123gamechanger
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    i play just am not up to date so if i say something stupid thats why. i've played for a long time then quit for a very long time as well now just debating if i really should put the time and effort as well as money into this game or not
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    f7image
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

i play just am not up to date so if i say something stupid thats why. i've played for a long time then quit for a very long time as well now just debating if i really should put the time and effort as well as money into this game or not
    If you can see past Nexon's deceit/manipulations as of late and play the game for the sake of MapleStory under Wizet's original vision, then yes, go right ahead. Just try your best to ignore the bad decisions being made by Nexon these days. If you can do that, I congratulate you, for you are a better person than I.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Let's break up your argument.
    AK712
    AK712 said:

There are tons of people complaining about "the coin limit becoming 10 coins". But this is completely false. The V boxes expire on the 15th. But the event list clearly states two new events that start on the 15th: one called "It's Party Time!" that ONLY gives V coins, and one called "Icy Onslaught" that has boxes that MAY give V coins. Let's not forget that there are the Saturday V days that give 3x coins. So this is a blatant lie by people who clearly don't even log on anymore.
    Tons of people are complaining about the Shining Santa Boxes coin limit becoming 10 coins. Not V Boxes and we're not talking about any other event afterwards.
    AK712
    AK712 said:

There are also tons of people complaining about the event lasting "30" or "31" days. But the event list shows events that give V coins until 1/18/2016. So it's yet another lie by people who have no clue what they're talking about.
    What people mean by the "30" or "31" days is the number of days the Coin Shop Season 1 lasts. It goes from 11/30 to 12/27 before Coin Shop Season 2 begins on 12/28. And looking at it logically, obviously, if there's a coin shop on the 28th, then there are also other ways to get coins. People aren't stupid. They know.
    AK712
    AK712 said:

Finally, everyone is complaining about Nexon "not doing anything about anything". But not only is this obviously proven false when looking at the list of bugs fixed in all of the updates, but everyone saying this is directly contradicting themselves when they said the exact opposite about both the update before the V event and the V update, which everyone said was "one of the best things in a long time".
    Just because Nexon says it's "fixed" doesn't make it so. For example, if you're playing the game right this second, you should know that the lag that has plagued us for the last week or so since the V update is still there even though the patch notes said it's been fixed. But that is besides the point because that isn't the point. The point is, when people are complaining that Nexon isn't doing anything it's about how they're not listening to people's outrage about the 10 coin limit on the Shining Santa Boxes.

Everyone was excited about the V update because of the possibilities. Nobody here was psychic enough to be able to tell that it would turn out to be such a disaster when the event itself started. Opinions are allowed to change.

I think rather than us "forumers" not playing the game, it's more like you as a "player" isn't forum-ing enough to learn our issues so let me give you the rundown on the main scruples:

The V Boxes give 30 coins while the Shining Santa Boxes only give 10, which gives only 40 coins a day. How on earth are some people supposed to afford the ridiculously expensive things they want in the coin shop before season 1 ends?
    MaryseLilyflowerTemptationgamechanger
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Yeah you're right, I don't play the game. I have no idea how anything works and, as such, I have no basis upon which to form my opinions of goings-on ingame.

Oh wait.
    Toymakerfoussiremixforumsareannoying
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited December 2016
    Not many people online in the Discord right now, but that's probably because it's about 11pm EST at the moment. Usually during the day pretty much everyone who's online is in the game.

So here's a little screenshot from Discord that shows a couple of our lovely active forum people actually playing the game. <3
    AggraphineInvulgo
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited December 2016
    You're seriously bordering on trolling with your defense of Nexon. I get it, you think they aren't all that bad, but you should stop demonizing the players who have legitimate criticisms while you grasp at straws.
    Niightseeker

So here's a little screenshot from Discord that shows a couple of our lovely active forum people actually playing the game.
    Oh, was there a Discord group for Maple players? I'd say I wanna join, but I don't think I would fit in OTL
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

You're seriously bordering on trolling with your defense of Nexon. I get it, you think they aren't all that bad, but you should stop demonizing the players who have legitimate criticisms while you grasp at straws.
    Niightseeker

So here's a little screenshot from Discord that shows a couple of our lovely active forum people actually playing the game.
    Oh, was there a Discord group for Maple players? I'd say I wanna join, but I don't think I would fit in OTL
    I PM'd you a link to it; @Maryse has posted it at some point before, but it's buried badly in Off Topic.

And I tend to err on Nexon's side of things most times because of "hey, things happen sometimes that you can't account for" or I try to steer people's anger away from the people who have nothing to do with the issue or simply can't do anything about it. But in this case, I'm not going to even try.
  • AceWilliamzAceWilliamz
    Reactions: 545
    edited December 2016
    Season 1 V coin shop ends the 15th
    I want to get a maxed vengeful ring from the season 1 v coin shop
    I can't get a maxed vengeful ring with 40 coins a day. (10 from Santa box and 30 from hi-five box)

Maybe you should gain some basic understanding of the situation before making bold claims, because you seem to be the one who doesn't play anymore.
    MaryseThe Blue Corsair
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    Annnnnnnnd the OP has fled~
  • njay1231njay1231
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    "Oh wow! You are SO right OP! :O Everything you said was absolutely correct!"
    You wish I was going to say that... but sadly that's why the above statement is in quotation marks.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    A wild OP has appeared.
    OP uses "Solid proof forumers don't play maplestory anymore!"
    Forumers use "Solid proof OP doesn't read posts!" It's super effective.

OP has fled.
    BanzaiLilyflowerNiightseeker
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2016
    Another OP appeared

I play and read maple. I am at C level with my college courses (but I did end it strong today.) I secretly read the forums in a separate tab during my circuit labs. Its been 6 months since I used a breadboard.

And I also enjoy reading... uh nevermind.
    Lilyflower
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    I think it's OP that's not playing maplestory and is too busy complaining about and misunderstanding the complaints being made.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    i think he is just trolling.
    i dont need to prove anything to anyone, tho.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    The op is definitely trolling.
This discussion has been closed.