[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

That's assuming that they haven't updated hardware as needed. And I honestly don't think even they are that stupid that they would use servers that are ancient by technological standards.
    NexonNA simply just does not care. People are still buying NX, why bother upgrading servers? That costs money!
    LilyflowerBarfonwhales
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

WantSumCandy

a 10 year old server is outdated.

it doesn't take much money for a multibillion dollar industry -multi million dollar company to get a new server.
    That's assuming that they haven't updated hardware as needed. And I honestly don't think even they are that stupid that they would use servers that are ancient by technological standards.

lol reality shouldnt be to easy to spot tho
    in my opinion the main issues are the incoming ones when kms releases stuff and gms gets it they are "forced"? to implement them
    knowing that the gms/ems issues are still there and not solved they still add more things to the game
    why they they do that? am glad it didnt make the game unplayable for a week but i was expecting that should we expect it soon?
    normally it was only gms.. but now with ems servers {not sure if the ems servers data are in america btw}
    its just more issues and more things showing up
    being honest i hate that you must select your location everytime in the client yet i can only guess they are lazy to just implement the option
    to have a server pre+selected to play everytime you must select your place
    i still have soo many hardware related questions yet they might ignore them anyways
    the set up its not working properly as well i cant go past the server selection screen too
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    Nexon is completely lacking in common sense and on top of that have an apparent complete disregard for their player, 2x on reboot is worse than having no 2x at all. It renders the game nearly unplayable. Are you not seeing the smegas nexon? you think the players are having fun or appreciating the 2x events? They could just give out coupons and alleviate some of the server lag but of course they wont do that because then they couldn't promote the 2x cash shop coupons and promote 4x experience but you'd have to be an idiot to buy 2x card with this lag. Nexon if none of us can move you can give 40X experience and it wont matter. The only thing that will address this is them investing in more money to upgrade their servers, which they obviously arent willing to do , and it's only going to get worse on the actually 5th job patch.. The only thing Nexon is proficient at is finding ways to annoy and upset their customers.

And the whole santa box fiasco is beyond laughable in it's level of incompetence. It's not the players fault you cant learn how to keep your hot fixes in place and repeat the same mistakes over and over, last year we had this exact same situation, unlimited coins when it was released.and then a limit placed after the first maintenance, However last year Nexon didnt punish the players for their own ineptitude like they did this year, they had a reasonable limit, this time nexon is paying its players back for opening boxes and getting as many coins as they could, were they just supposed to decide how many was reasonable then drop the rest of their boxes? so because they all got more than you intended you give them 10 a day, but this wasn't the initial plan and you can clearly see that by the fact you can get 1-5 per box

Nexon please fire your decision makers instead of the low level staff and get new management,its not because you this game has been as success it's in spite of you, and only due to the fact the game designers made a good game, the management of the game has always been abysmal
    Lilyflower
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    LAG is back. Back again.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    2x the lag
    2x the salt

4x the forum activity

It's a wonder these very forums haven't crashed, considering.
    Lilyflower
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Wow my familiar kills faster then me lol.
    ICSOblivion
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited December 2016
    I logged out it is that bad. I was losing HP quicker then potting cause the insane draw back
  • NectarineNectarine
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    Hope we get an extension for the Play V Rewards event. On top of the abysmal server reset time, the lag just makes it impossible to complete.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Nectarine
    Nectarine said:

Hope we get an extension for the Play V Rewards event. On top of the abysmal server reset time, the lag just makes it impossible to complete.
    Agreed...I was on my third box...rage quit cuz lag in HoH was dreadful
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    I've failed a DI run today for the very first time ever, simply because the monsters wouldn't die and the spawn meter reached its max.
    It's nice and all that Nexon keeps posting patch notes telling us they're doing something about this lag problem, but the reality is that it's only getting worse.
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Yea, it was lagging so bad i dced AND crashed...so after a while of not being able to do anything, i gave up and logged out
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited December 2016
    Just wait until we get our annual DDoS. That will be fun.
    ICSOblivionKylehell007LilyflowerPetalmagicAzureNarga
  • KarthusKarthus
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    will they ever fix this lag? i mean what's the point on doing V patch if people can't even play the game? sigh..
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    k
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    The struggle is real
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    I have a feeling were gonna get a ddos later in Christmas when all of them are on holiday like last year I won't play the game cause the lag is unbearable >.> I'm gonna take a break from the game till it fixed which I doubt it.
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Lilyflower

I have a feeling were gonna get a ddos later in Christmas when all of them are on holiday like last year I won't play the game cause the lag is unbearable >.> I'm gonna take a break from the game till it fixed which I doubt it.
    i hope it will be a little better tonight, but i doubt it, we are probably better off playing during the day or something, cause its better for me at least to actually get stuff done
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    idk what yall talkin bout haven't lagged or even dced in 2 weeks
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    RegretfuIly

Just wait until we get our annual DDoS. That will be fun.
    Oh god...=3= prob after V comes out...
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited December 2016
    I bought a 2x coupon that is supposed to last a whole day and I can barely even use it plus my other stackable coupons because I keep disconnecting and or the server is way to laggy to maintain a steady training flow. Are we going to get extensions on the nx items or anything because this is absolute garbage.