[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    I had to stop training after DC'ing for the 4th time in 30mins. Everytime i attacked it took about 4 seconds for my attack animation to appear. And mobs took about the same to respawn. Sad thing is, it wasn't even 2x.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    From what i'm seeing on Reboot, it's just the 2x event.

Non-2x = Playable.

2x is hardly even playable if you're trying to train efficiently.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Can't even teleport on my Battle Mage...
  • MoonliteMoonlite
    Reactions: 465
    edited December 2016
    Gonna be a couple months before they get around to doing anything about it. "Far easier to pretend it doesn't exist than to fix it" is Nexon's Pledge of Allegiance.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Before I stopped playing (other than to log in for hot week) I was having one hell of a time training with my Kinesis. I'd pick up mobs to slam them and throw them, and they would just instead go back to the ground after a second or two. I couldn't even slam or throw them around 9/10 times because of the lag.

Now they are running some silly event "physical fitness test" on top of all the other issues. As if I'd even think of trying to step in to that crowd....just happen to see it pop up in blue text earlier, and the lag was so bad that I had to re-log just to click my hot week box again, then wait for 30 seconds for it to tell me that I received the box.
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    I dc everytime i log in.
  • SolarPepperSolarPepper
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I can not kill mobs during 2x event since laggy. So sad
    Xen1993
  • bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited December 2016
    I've Been having Problems with the Lag on the servers since The Limitless Patch, and i think im not the only one since alot of players are using smegas arguing about the High lag on the servers. And when the 2x event starts it gets worse its unplayable, Soo Can Nexon tell us whats going on?
  • JonyMaplerJonyMapler
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    Come on nexon... just two days to get to lvl 200 and you make the game imposible to play... thx for ruining my burning character event...
  • ParfumParfum
    Reactions: 230
    edited December 2016
    Out of all the years i have come and gone from this game, it has never been this bad. No matter what day or time i go on this game, there have been connection problems. Double exp is almost unplayable for most people. Im loving the events and new stuff being added to the game, but why are they even adding this stuff when we can barely enjoy it due to bad servers??
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Man...I ahd a hardcore crash, lost a rune and an Elite mob...=3="
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Well, the first few things I can think of are:

- Servers are not up to par for the massive overpopulation of people sucking the life out of the 1 and only Reboot server, and not being P2W is what 99% of players always wanted in the first place
    - Seemingly apathetic/inept team at helm of the Nexon ship
    - Out-of-date/inefficient code

Now, these gripes don't come without some presented possibilities for solutions. I've made a post about it over here- http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6604/suggestions-for-the-next-big-maintenance#latest

Right now though, the hottest issue is the unbearable lag. That ruins anybody's day when it comes to an MMO. Any event Nexon runs brings an influx of hyper amounts of server activity on Reboot (were almost every one plays), and just compounds the already present problems.
    JettLuvsUTubaDeputyDerpyCeleste123
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited December 2016
    People are the reason why there's lag in the first place.

Nexon doesn't like lag but what more can they do? Investing into better servers would take money and if people LOST THE HYPE AND QUIT, ALL THAT MONEY WOULD HAVE BEEN WASTED.

That's probably the reason why Nexon isn't making any rash decisions.

People have quit in the past after the hype is over. When there is new hype, they come back then they leave.
    It's the same process that has been happening for years now.

So if you want the lag to be fixed immediately, don't expect Nexon to fix it anytime soon unless the hype is over.

Celeste123
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited December 2016
    JonyMapler

Come on nexon... just two days to get to lvl 200 and you make the game imposible to play... thx for ruining my burning character event...
    I think it's just the 2x event.

You might as well consider 2x as break time because that's the main reason why it lags :s
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

People have quit in the past after the hype is over. When there is new hype, they come back then they leave.
    I have to admit it Chukki, that is exactly what I do now. I think there is much truth to what you said. I used to play non-stop, almost year round back in 2006-2008 or so, and invested a lot of money in to NX back then. I developed a keen attachment to this game and it is one that has been hard to let go of entirely. I loved supporting the game with that investment back then and I made a lot of great friends in-game! Never will forget those great times.

But now, the in-between event times are just lackluster at best. Add to that which now there isn't much of a reason at all to play even my favorite event, which is the Maplemas event, so I skirt around 2x events or whatever that is going on with GM events recently and only just get the bonus rewards from a daily mission, and such.

I wanted to get the special items from a coin store, but that looks like a non-option now and the lag is just terrible anyways! I don't even feel like investing in cosmetics on reboot now because the game is nothing of what it used to be like. It is simple not as fun anymore and that makes me sad.
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited December 2016
    Celeste123

Chukki
    Chukki said:

I have to admit it Chukki, that is exactly what I do now. I think there is much truth to what you said. I used to play non-stop, almost year round back in 2006-2008 or so, and invested a lot of money in to NX back then. I developed a keen attachment to this game and it is one that has been hard to let go of entirely. I loved supporting the game with that investment back then and I made a lot of great friends in-game! Never will forget those great times.

But now, the in-between event times are just lackluster at best. Add to that which now there isn't much of a reason at all to play even my favorite event, which is the Maplemas event, so I skirt around 2x events or whatever that is going on with GM events recently and only just get the bonus rewards from a daily mission, and such.

I wanted to get the special items from a coin store, but that looks like a non-option now and the lag is just terrible anyways! I don't even feel like investing in cosmetics on reboot now because the game is nothing of what it used to be like. It is simple not as fun anymore and that makes me sad.
    I feel you!
    Don't get me wrong, the lag is definitely not acceptable.
    I 100% agree with you.

In fact, i'm part of the problem on why we are lagging because I just came back!

I have good advice though you are going have to sacrifice 2x.
    2x is mainly the reason why we are lagging since that's when everybody hops on to train.
    Now here's the thing! I level FASTER without 2x than 2x, because during 2x it's non-playable.

You can consider 2x as break time? :D

• Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

Celeste123

Chukki
    Chukki said:

I feel you! Don't get me wrong, the lag is definitely not acceptable.

In fact, i'm part of the problem on why we are lagging because I just came back!

2x is mainly the reason why we are lagging since that's when everybody hops on to train.
    Now here's the thing! I level FASTER without 2x than 2x, because during 2x it's non-playable.

Yes! I do actually play far more often when there is not 2x events or whatever else is attracting too many people at once. And if I do feel like training I do so in unpopular areas, I have 2 computers so I use a kishin shoukan mule and I can make any map pretty ok for that reason. It's just that otherwise I don't have the same feels behind playing like it now, you know, the old kinships and warmth have left the building, I would just like to see that good times come back. who would not, anyways!
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited December 2016
    Celeste123

Chukki
    Chukki said:

Celeste123

Chukki
    Chukki said:

I feel you! Don't get me wrong, the lag is definitely not acceptable.

Yes! I do actually play far more often when there is not 2x events or whatever else is attracting too many people at once. And if I do feel like training I do so in unpopular areas, I have 2 computers so I use a kishin shoukan mule and I can make any map pretty ok for that reason. It's just that otherwise I don't have the same feels behind playing like it now, you know, the old kinships and warmth have left the building, I would just like to see that good times come back. who would not, anyways!
    Yeah I know how that feels.

I personally don't really play the newer classes.
    Only for the link skills but I play a lot of the old classes.

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

I think it's just the 2x event.

You might as well consider 2x as break time because that's the main reason why it lags :s
    I can totally agree with this.
    During the week it's totally bearable, but when 7PM EST on a Friday comes and then all the 2x events during the weekend starts, that's when the real lag starts as well.

(Though this is on a non Reboot channel so I don't know how it is during the week, however I can sympathize with the OP because I haven't been able to work on my burning character either, but that's mostly because of the server time reset)
  • PokkediefPokkedief
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    I've seen private servers run better then this. Also, the most annoying issue is the migration issues and the time it takes to migrate accounts. Its been already a month for hundreds and hundreds of players and still cannot play this game.
    Tuba