[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unblock tunneling services for Maplestory Global.

Comments

• RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited December 2016
    Supported, logical.
  • detexdetex
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    Gabezin
    Gabezin said:

Super BUMP. This needs to happen as soon as possible!

I get 800ms+ PING on Reboot on any day, 2x event or not, day or night.

Some classes are unplayable, like Blade Wizard (which Orbital Flame orbs depend on a server response), and other combo ones like Thunder Breaker.
    funny that you say this
    you dont see all the botters everywhere ksing maps uneffected at all?
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    The gold farmers do use VPNs though to mask their IP. So while they have blocked the legit tunneling services which are designed for gaming, some of which do not even mask your IP (or at least allow you to unmask it) there are still many VPNs available that work with Maplestory. I don't personally use them as I want to be given the OK from Nexon on this issue. If people want to use a VPN they can so I don't get why they'd block proper gaming services.

Also hackers use no delay hacks.
  • GabezinGabezin
    Reactions: 305
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    And also those hackers may be closer to the server than I am...

Some people need it, some people don't... it isn't because of some unaffected hackers that the issue should not be resolved.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    ehm.. using a tunnel service does not lower your ping... your connection still has to receive the information. the only thing it does is to unblock a possible IP region lock. but since the game is now open to EU there is no need for that.

just stop being dumb please.. your ping will stay the same.
  • PeepPeep
    edited December 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

ehm.. using a tunnel service does not lower your ping... your connection still has to receive the information. the only thing it does is to unblock a possible IP region lock. but since the game is now open to EU there is no need for that.

Re-read what you just said.

First if my connection sends me all over the place to get to the Nexon servers then it is a garbage route. This is generally the case with people further away from the servers. You end up with so many extra hops before you finally reach your destination. People with low ping do not experience this as the servers seem to prioritize lower ping connections and either way you're going to have low ping if you live close to the server.

Now a tunneling service reduces the amount of hops therefore giving me a more direct route to the servers resulting in less travel distance. So yes a tunneling service does in fact lower your latency to a certain extent. As I said before the latency for someone from Aus is around 300-400ms due to bad routes to the Maplestory servers. This has nothing to do with our internet. It should be 170-200ms max to the west coast. The higher latency is due to the garbage routes. Tunneling service fixes that by bringing it back to it's correct values.

Understand now?

As for your silly region lock. You are aware there are loads of VPNs currently being used right? by none other than gold farmers. Of course these VPNs are not designed for gamers and do not support any game. So if someone from anouther country wants to play this game, they are going to do exactly that. Play the game. I also mentioned in my earlier post that the tunneling services designed to be used by gamers do not mask your IP address on login. Nexon would know exactly who's logging in and from where.

There's also people from the EU who have played in GMs for ages and want to stay on the servers. They would also benefit greatly from this as would East coast US players as the servers are hosted in the West coast they are at a tremendous disadvantage.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

Re-read what you just said.

First if my connection sends me all over the place to get to the Nexon servers then it is a garbage route. This is generally the case with people further away from the servers. You end up with so many extra hops before you finally reach your destination. People with low ping do not experience this as the servers seem to prioritize lower ping connections and either way you're going to have low ping if you live close to the server.

Now a tunneling service reduces the amount of hops therefore giving me a more direct route to the servers resulting in less travel distance. So yes a tunneling service does in fact lower your latency to a certain extent. As I said before the latency for someone from Aus is around 300-400ms due to bad routes to the Maplestory servers. This has nothing to do with our internet. It should be 170-200ms max to the west coast. The higher latency is due to the garbage routes. Tunneling service fixes that by bringing it back to it's correct values.

Understand now?

As for your silly region lock. You are aware there are loads of VPNs currently being used right? by none other than gold farmers. Of course these VPNs are not designed for gamers and do not support any game. So if someone from anouther country wants to play this game, they are going to do exactly that. Play the game. I also mentioned in my earlier post that the tunneling services designed to be used by gamers do not mask your IP address on login. Nexon would know exactly who's logging in and from where.

There's also people from the EU who have played in GMs for ages and want to stay on the servers. They would also benefit greatly from this as would East coast US players as the servers are hosted in the West coast they are at a tremendous disadvantage.
    eh thats not how a tunneling service work imo.. the amount of hops between u and the server is the lowest already. obviously it depends on the country u live in.

and also i am eu player myself i dont experience lag at all on US server.

But sure if u believe a tunnel service would help you. go get that permaban for abusing the rules.
  • PeepPeep
    edited December 2016
    What? "Imo"???? There's no opinion here. That is how it works. If the netcode wasn't garbage we wouldn't need tunneling services. Like all Korean MMOs, Koreans cater to their player base first and since Koreans do not get higher than 50ms across their entire country there is no need for them to improve the netcode. Take Skyforge as an example. No tunneling service is needed for that MMO because it has good netcode and the routes to the servers are perfect. It's a Russian developed MMO. Go figure. Every single Korean MMO I have played I have been forced to use a tunneling service to get the correct latency. Not 100-200ms more than what it should be.

The amount of hops between you and the server is not the "lowest already". Where are you getting your information??? If it was the "lowest already" I would be at 170ms and not 300-400. It happens with all Korean games and it's because Koreans develop their games for Koreans and Koreans only. Of course they eventually port the game out to other countries when they want more profit but they haven't developed their game to accommodate higher latency and a larger country so the majority get shafted even in the USA. Take Aion as anouther example. Horrible horrible netcode and garbage routes to the servers. Their servers are hosted in Dallas Texas and even people from the WC were getting upwards to 60-80ms ping because of garbage routes. Pretty much everyone besides people next to the servers use a tunneling service in that game to improve their latency. It halved it for that game.

We are not talking about lag btw. We are talking about response time. Here's a fun fact for you since you really don't know. Every 50ms there is a noticeable delay in any game. Since I've played a lot of US hosted games I've come accustom to being able to see what a 50ms delay looks like. It's game changing. If you're playing on the US servers from EU you are without a doubt experiencing delay, you're just inexperienced with this sort of stuff or you haven't been playing games on high latency long enough to know. If you ever get the chance do a test. Run dojo from the EU and then run dojo from the US. Even with the changes they made with the portals there is still spawn delay and entry delay which sets off the timer and if you aren't already through, the mobs do not spawn. It all adds up little by little.
    PhantomMasterThief