[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can all classes boss without dmg cap?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2016 in General Chat
im having a hard time picking a main as i like every class for different reasons but i am wondering will classes be able to boss without the dmg cap and if so will the classes that are weaker at bossing be able to compete with the classes that are currently known for bossing even with the same amount of funding?

a lot of the classes i want to play are mainly good for farming/utility but i don't want to feel like i need to rely on others to boss unless i must like new bosses that can't be solo'd yet. im looking for speedy boss runs.

could you also list a few classes that have been relevant for bossing for a stubstantial amount of time. i know from experience of other games with buffs and nerfs they vary but im sure there are a few classes that have been steady up there. i do play on reboot so i don't mind grinding mesos and taking my time im just interested in end game bossing

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    there is no damage cap anymore, no class has any kind of damage cap, only certain skills have damage caps but there are very few of those skills
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Most folks don't have to worry about the fact that there is no damage cap any more, because most people will never ever reach even what the old cap was. There is a fantastic distinction between the whales and the have-nots on P2W servers, and for the ones on Reboot it's those with lots of time on their hands or good botting capability (mesos = power) vs. those who are just casual nobodys that will amount to mediocre at best when it comes to range.

When it comes down to picking and choosing what to make, it's all pretty much irrelevant if you aren't on the possessive side of the above. The other alternative is begging for a "carry" for whatever bad azz bosses which you wouldn't be able to solo in your wildest dreams, and that is no fun because most people in the positions of extremely high range are usually downright egotistic about it and love to turn you down and choose their personal friends over you, because it gives them a sense of consolidated power in this online world.

That all might seem grim, but this is truth- if you plan to solo the bosses that really matter in this game and work your way in to the crème de la crème of Maple, you'd better be prepared to spend a lot of time, a lot of money, and step on a lot of toes and nip at a lot of heels.
    CalwynTrayseescholar624
  • TrayseeTraysee
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

and that is no fun because most people in the positions of extremely high range are usually downright egotistic about it and love to turn you down and choose their personal friends over you, because it gives them a sense of consolidated power in this online world.
    PREACH
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2016
    Also keep in mind some classes have a massive advantage in high hits ("lines") per second using some skills. Often during certain boss DPS checks, relying on unwieldly skills will either make or break you.
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    yes i know it takes time to farm in reboot which i am prepared after all i just came from WoW spent many hours per day just grinding endlessly for gear to compete in current raids so it's nothing new to me. could you guys list a few classes that are steady dmg wise for bossing? by steady i mean that even when nerfed they are still good over the patches. can't seem to find anything all i remember when i last played was wild hunters were the best and i don't trust the DPM charts in this game due to unrealistic events