[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[EVENT] Burning character "Request Failed"

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    LucasGiacometti

Log in -> Choose server -> choose channel -> create new char -> request failed

Tried multiple times, triead after restarting the client and after restarting my computer
    Did you delete a character that was burned in the past?
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    Yes. Deleted it on december 1st and havent been able to create another since.
  • LawbinLawbin
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    I am also getting this error and like Lucas have been trying since December 1st.
    LucasGiacomettiXenolithD
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    The struggle is real.
    XenolithD
  • Sirens_alphaSirens_alpha
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Just saying, even after the patch this is an on-going issue and doesn't seem likely to be fixed. The message i received from my ticket earlier not only was rather rude, but provided literally no help.
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited December 2016
    DoubleTease

Nexon is aware of this issue and is looking into it, We just have to wait and hope they fix it before the event ends...
    yes, just like they are aware of and are fixing so many other errors they have caused ... good luck waiting for nothing
  • GooblyGoobly
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    Sirens_alpha

Just saying, even after the patch this is an on-going issue and doesn't seem likely to be fixed. The message i received from my ticket earlier not only was rather rude, but provided literally no help.
    yeah after the maintenance i still have this problem so im just assuming that im not gonna be able to participate in this burning event.

• ChawesyChawesy
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Wow... i've played this game for 7 years on and off, sunk in SO much money. Nexon have screwed me over SO many times. I gotta say, the customer service for this game has always been the poorest i've ever seen before. Can a moderator please at least respond to this? DO they even look at the forums? Just Anything!? Let us know if you're not going to fix it...

Btw, Did anyone switch the ordering of their characters around the time of this event?
  • MajusteaMajustea
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I'm having this very same issue.

No specific characters involved, and it happens on multiple servers. The OP posted the exact steps to follow to recreate the bug.
    XenolithD
  • BruceYipBruceYip
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    Same as me, the server is renegades, I delete a burning character before, i still can't burn my new shade.
    I can find the burning project in my event list, but when i accept the quest, nothing happens....
    fargie21
  • fargie21fargie21
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Same here I also play on rene and haven't been able to recreate a burning character, it's so frustrating I've tried for days :(
  • GooblyGoobly
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    Chawesy
    Chawesy said:

Wow... i've played this game for 7 years on and off, sunk in SO much money. Nexon have screwed me over SO many times. I gotta say, the customer service for this game has always been the poorest i've ever seen before. Can a moderator please at least respond to this? DO they even look at the forums? Just Anything!? Let us know if you're not going to fix it...

Btw, Did anyone switch the ordering of their characters around the time of this event?
    i've moved around my characters to put them in level order
  • DualonicalDualonical
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    This is so frustrating, I still cannot participate and the event is basically over. Nexon you really have made me upset.
  • OmarZOmarZ
    edited December 2016
    Dualonical

This is so frustrating, I still cannot participate and the event is basically over. Nexon you really have made me upset.
    Ikr, the event is nearly over and they haven't put the time to even update us with a little bit of info. However, if there was a problem with a single cash shop item it will be fixed the day after. BRAVO~
  • XenolithDXenolithD
    edited December 2016
    i think that even if they do fix this, it wont leave us with much time to have fun with the event at this point, or the event will be already gone when this is fixed
  • EnbolitionEnbolition
    edited December 2016
    Hey, I'm trying to create a Burning Explorer, and everytime it asks if I want to make this character my burning character it says "Request Failed".
    I really wanted to take advantage of this promotion and it's really unfortunate it's not working for me =/
  • EnbolitionEnbolition
    edited December 2016
    Absolutely garbage. Events don't even work, and they don't give a damn to take care of it.
  • RenegadeFattyRenegadeFatty
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I'm facing the same problem! Though I'm trying to create a Shade.
  • RenegadeFattyRenegadeFatty
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    2 days till event ends :( still can't create a burning character... "Request failed." it says
  • XenolithDXenolithD
    edited December 2016
    RenegadeFatty

2 days till event ends :( still can't create a burning character... "Request failed." it says
    today is tuesday, december 13th, the last day for the Mega Burning Project lmao