[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Not being able to upload your own avatar sucks

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    TheNyanCat

I'm opposed to sigs all together but if there are no images I can allow that. But there will always be that one guy...
    I don't know what Vanilla is capable of, but in vBulletin the admin can restrict sig size (if a person makes a sig that is bigger, whether it's an image or text, it just gets truncated), and each individual user can choose whether they want to see others' signatures at all.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited September 2016
    Signatures can be abused the same way as regularly posting can. If I want to add a ginormous image, or multiple giant images to a thread, then why not just post those obnoxious things in my initial post rather than my signature? Someone who desires to be taken seriously won't do that, and someone who does do that doesn't care about being banned. So just restrict the limit of image sizes all together.

But that's just my two cents.
    emperor52GreenSoap1xparasite9Pride
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2016
    I'm glad to read that we will soon be able to put custom avatars back. I miss my little pixel-character. And everyone looks the same. Default MS avatars are great to have too, but I miss seeing what other people come up with.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

TheNyanCat

I'm opposed to sigs all together but if there are no images I can allow that. But there will always be that one guy...
    I don't know what Vanilla is capable of, but in vBulletin the admin can restrict sig size (if a person makes a sig that is bigger, whether it's an image or text, it just gets truncated), and each individual user can choose whether they want to see others' signatures at all.
    One thing great about Vanilla is it has a really great support for plugins (and plugin directory), but is also easy to code your own so I'm sure this wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish (restricting sig size in terms of actual letters or in height).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    The Blue Corsair

AKradian
    AKradian said:

TheNyanCat

One thing great about Vanilla is it has a really great support for plugins (and plugin directory), but is also easy to code your own so I'm sure this wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish (restricting sig size in terms of actual letters or in height).
    One not-so-great thing about Nexon is unwillingness to put forth any effort beyond the first "push" of a product.
    Case in point: we've been complaining about the CSS of the "new" website since the day it came out. It has not been touched. (Nor were we given any reason, convincing or otherwise, for why it is better the way it is).
    Maybe I'll be proven wrong about these forums. Maybe they will acquire new features with time. And maybe we'll be lucky to even get bugs fixed.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The Blue Corsair

AKradian
    AKradian said:

TheNyanCat

One not-so-great thing about Nexon is unwillingness to put forth any effort beyond the first "push" of a product.
    Case in point: we've been complaining about the CSS of the "new" website since the day it came out. It has not been touched. (Nor were we given any reason, convincing or otherwise, for why it is better the way it is).
    Maybe I'll be proven wrong about these forums. Maybe they will acquire new features with time. And maybe we'll be lucky to even get bugs fixed.

They should totally hire me to assist with making quick fixes and improvements to the forums because I would do so for free be able to resolve them with time and patience. It's only been a good week or so since their release, so let's stay hopeful. Or just poke @KThxBaiNao until he turns into kimchi.