[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Royal/All Star Coupon Suggestion] Our RL Money!

Zerobeat36Zerobeat36
Reactions: 700
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Nexon if you read this please remember that it is our real life money we are paying here! Not only is it 3k or 3.3k per coupon per try which is a real $3, but we may not even get what we want! Why do you make us gamble?!

[Suggestion] My Suggestion is not a big change, its just something that should be added to keep your players happy if we are wasting our real money and getting nothing in return. When we use or buy a Royal Hair/Eye Coupon or a All Star Hair/Eye Coupon we should get something in our USE tab, just like a Cube. They would probably end up being Royal Hair/Eye or All Star Hair/Eye Tickets. Collect 5 Tickets and you get another Coupon of what you purchased. If you collect 10 then you should get a All Star or Royal Hair/Eye Coupon (VIP). The VIP coupon would only give you a selection of what is out at the point in time. So that way if I end up spending like $30 or $33 of my earned money and still do not get what I want, then at least I can get the Royal or All Star Coupon (VIP), talk to the Big Headward and get the Hair I have been trying for! [End]

This suggestion comes from what just happened to me. Not only did it happen to me now and in the past, it happens to so many more people than you would think Nexon. People would be more inclined to buy more tickets if they for sure knew they would at least get what they wanted in the end. This game is nothing but random chance. Cubes are at least only a dollar-twenty so if I buy a 10k card I can at least get 8, but hair... I can only get 3... You've been making Maple better, but some things still need to be adjusted. More people would probably come back to the game or new players would stay longer if they knew that their money was not just tossed away.
morkLairKittenCoalitionJennnnnnnnnn
  1. Do you think this suggestion should be added to the game?14 votes
    1. Yes - I've spent a lot of money before just to get nothing in return
       100% (14 votes)
    2. No - The system is fine the way it is
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Nexon knows exactly how often it happens to people.
    In fact, Nexon plans how often it would happen to people.
    It's how they make their money, by forcing us to gamble endlessly for what we want.

It's the "microtransaction" model. People see a pretty hairstyle in the web notice, they think, "oooh I want that" and "It's just $3, I'll try for it." Then when they fail they try again. And again. Each time thinking "it's only another $3." By the time they're done and go "OMG, did I just spend $50 on a virtual hairstyle? WTH, I don't even spend that kind of cash on my real-life haircuts!" Nexon has the money and hopes the buyer's remorse will be forgotten.
    On the other hand, if people know ahead of time, "It's going to cost me $30 to get this pretty hairstyle," they just won't even try.

(I know your suggestion is "It's going to cost me no more than $30" but Nexon doesn't want us to see big dollar numbers at all. "micro" transactions are the key. People will buy them like ten-cent candies.)
    TubagvnalmanzaYacymorkJorjaxLair
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    I would pay extra money to secure a hairstyle. (Royal/All Star)

Only problem is, there is no option for that.
    I understand their business model very well, but with the way it is, they aren't getting any money from me like that.

The only time where I MIGHT buy a Royal/All Star is when I get free maple points from events that I earned.

Otherwise, I would NEVER put RNG over my money

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    They could put both options up lol. $20-30ish for a hair of your choice, or $3 per roll if yer feelin' lucky. At that price point, I'd probably still gamble. Not that I use too many royal style coupons anyway. I got them as returning gifts on two separate occasions I think? Both times, I was happy with what I got. Not that I went in with high expectations or anything.
    Yacy
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Not a huge henehoe but i've gotten most of the hair and face i want within a few tries. But i know a girl who spent 80k NX trying to get 1 hair so. LUL
    DreamWeaverYacyLairJennnnnnnnnn
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Not a huge henehoe but i've gotten most of the hair and face i want within a few tries. But i know a girl who spent 80k NX trying to get 1 hair so. LUL
    Same here. Of the two characters I've bought Royal hairstyles for, I managed to get what I wanted on the first or second try. So, on my main I have three styles that I saved in the free slots in the free 'style keeper', and one of those hairstyles I got via the salon tutorial, I think. On one of my alts I got one of the cuter styles (face AND hair) on the first and second try respectively, as well. I remember when I played Maplestory years ago, and spent $60+ just to end up getting the worst REG styles, only to give up and get the best VIP. I've wondered if I've been super lucky or if Nexon has actually made the chances of getting the really cute hairstyles higher since then.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    Do people even go for royals anymore because they have put the most hideous styles in recently it's such a joke.
    YacyLairJennnnnnnnnn
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited December 2016
    $20 for a royal style is too extreme. I would prefer KMS' choice coupons; 3.5k for hair, 2.5k for eyes. Their selection is different than GMS in that some of our vip styles are their royal styles. IF we get these coupons in GMS, i hope our vip styles will not be put in. The choices aren't in the popular tier from what I've seen, but there are still some cute and decent styles available for wider appeal. I'm going to guess KMS doesn't put in the newest styles, but it would be really nice if GMS did that about 2-3 months after it is added to the game.

Examples:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2016/10/26/kms-ver-1-2-267-hallocats-halloween-party/
    https://orangemushroom.net/2016/05/21/kms-ver-1-2-256-minor-changes-and-new-events/
    JettLuvsUKittenCoalitionJennnnnnnnnn
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Klara
    Klara said:

$20 for a royal style is too extreme. I would prefer KMS' choice coupons; 3.5k for hair, 2.5k for eyes. Their selection is different than GMS in that some of our vip styles are their royal styles. IF we get these coupons in GMS, i hope our vip styles will not be put in. The choices aren't in the popular tier from what I've seen, but there are still some cute and decent styles available for wider appeal. I'm going to guess KMS doesn't put in the newest styles, but it would be really nice if GMS did that about 2-3 months after it is added to the game.

Examples:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2016/10/26/kms-ver-1-2-267-hallocats-halloween-party/
    https://orangemushroom.net/2016/05/21/kms-ver-1-2-256-minor-changes-and-new-events/
    KMS have had those coupons since their Shining star/ Starforce patches iirc, so at least a year and a half.
    GMS has not implemented them at all...
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    I think it's actually a fair deal that whenever you reached x amount of coupons (example 10) you indeed get a VIP one.
    nothing worse then to spend 50k nx or whatsoever and then still end up with not getting what u want.

But on the other hand i don't know if they ever will apply this, as this is a main income of Nexon.
    mork
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    ive personally paid 120USD and still didnt get he one wanted
    thats close to 170$ in canada
    kept getting the same hairs in same/ different colors over and over
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

Klara
    Klara said:

Examples:
    KMS have had those coupons since their Shining star/ Starforce patches iirc, so at least a year and a half.
    GMS has not implemented them at all...
    @Catooolooo KMS has had auction house for over 3 years and GMS just got it this month. We still have hope for choice coupons, preferably sooner than later. =D