[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Pokkedief
    Pokkedief said:

I've seen private servers run better then this. Also, the most annoying issue is the migration issues and the time it takes to migrate accounts. Its been already a month for hundreds and hundreds of players and still cannot play this game.
    Not hard for a private server being run better though
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    When has this game ever been playable?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    RegretfuIly

When has this game ever been playable?
    2005-2010

RIP
    ICSOblivionTrayseeBewbzIts2Sharp4Ugenji123DeputyDerpyCeleste123Fennekindetex
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    never touched gms reboots.
    random crash can strike once or twice a day at Luna if there are no ddos attacks and im just doing what i do in MS, the lag spikes in sometimes but not so often that i would ragequit alt + f4. sometimes when people crowd the server however (like 2xs evenings during weekend) playing class such as blaster can become a touch more challenging. mm...
    it appears as a minor problem, but i want it to get sorted anyways. nexon, invest into this, your customers are paying for it - they expect you to do a proper job.
    or should i write an angry rant instead of a polite notice?
  • DeputyDerpyDeputyDerpy
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited December 2016
    I play on a toaster, so it's not really a big deal for me. But I get what you're saying though. It's like they add to much things at the same time that causes the lag and all sorts of stuff. It would be nice if they could only do things one at a time to see if things are good to go before just releasing everything at once.
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2016
    I've been having a lot of trouble with disconnect and bad lag, but its around 5PM-10PM every single night are worst times on central times for USA, it's really bad on weekends though! I really want them to fix it because this level of lag is a big bummer for everyone. I hope the update works to our favor in a lot of respects!
  • dannyniqqadannyniqqa
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    so.... i have a phantom with 120% meso drop that i use to farm, i just came back to reboot after a few months, and i find out that i cant actually farm mesos? the lag is so ridiculously bad that all of the good farming spots have like 1/5th the spawn rate that they used to and on top of that i keep getting disconnected by gms due to hack reason...... without being able to farm mesos it feels like everything im doing is a waste of time and useless, because it takes forever to even get a little bit of range increase without farming, i have so many things that i need to cube, does anyone know a fix for the lag??????????? or a spot that a level 180 phantom can farm mesos without the lag, i tried everything in singapore, everything in black gate, spooky world, wolf spiders,they all lag, anything else i can try?
  • RiceKrispiesRiceKrispies
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Hi, I just returned to Maple and re downloaded it. However, I'm lagging a lot and it's not even 2x or anything. How do I fix this? or Is this just me?...
    because theoretically I should be able to run most of applications no problem, let alone Maple lol.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Everyone has been lagging for a while now.
    Just waiting on Nexon to fix it.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Will most likely be addressed in tomorrow's patch. If it isn't then...

Honestly it most likely won't be fixed if i'm going off on Nexons history with MS.
  • RiceKrispiesRiceKrispies
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Ok thanks everyone :P. Glad to know it's not just me. Honestly, I'm not surprised... oh Nexon, when will you learn?...
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    i highly doubt it will be fixed tomorrow. it is actually okay when there is not many people on in the reboot world since i don't play any of the older worlds anymore so idk how they are doing but once people start getting on it just gets worse and worse.
  • Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited December 2016
    Anyone else experiencing lag?
  • YumieTakagiYumieTakagi
    Reactions: 505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    No not at all. You're the only one getting it. :(
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It only happens on my Cannoneer when mobbing. Other than that? Nope, I'm lag free.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I have to say that, even for a very busy night, it hasn't been near as bad for me. I'd say personally it's about 1/4th of how bad it was before.

FPS lag? Different story. There is still a lot of obviously inefficient code needing a thorough ironing out.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Lag caused me to lose both of my CHT runs, the big guy never spawned :c
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Yep...its back, and bad as ever. (I can technically spam Dark Genesis due to my horrid lag)
  • BeossBeoss
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Yuh I agree with you
    Barfonwhales