[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• KevinYipKevinYip
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

The game is currently unplayable! it is lagging too hard. FIX IT NOW
    It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible.

On the ReBoot server there is one door to go through and one door to exit. So many people are coming and going through those doors at once that it's causing part of the lag issue. The other issue is the AMOUNT of people on that server. Right now about every channel is full. Server is most likely struggling to stay up.

If the non-populated servers are lagging then idk what the problem is for those.

Um what in the hell are you talking about......of course there's a simple solution..... you make another reboot server, LOOK at all those empty channels its obvious that Reboot is the most popular server in GMS so.....with that said wouldn't it be smart if they added another reboot server cause all I keep seeing is people coming from other servers to this server cause its more populated and its more fun.......so yeah. Opening a new server takes a few days at most this lag has been on going since day 1 of V update patch, so 17 days we have experienced lag so please don't make excuses on behalf of Nexon.

Making a new server won't fix the lag issue. That never fixes the issue. Why you ask? Because players won't go to it. They'll go the most populated server instead of the new server. Then the lag issue turns into a player caused issue rather than a Nexon problem.

I'm also not making excuses for them. I've been around the mmo genre for quite some time now and speaking from experience. There is no sudden fix for lag nor is there a cheap way to fix the lag either. It cost money and takes quite some time.

Ultimately you either need to be patient and let the lag run its course, wait for a patch that MIGHT fix it or just quit. Demanding a fix is childish and does nothing, but get yourself ignored by the developers and by the community.
    i totally disagree because if you open a new server then the old server when it's reached certain amounts of players its will stop preventing you to enter and you have to come with the second reboot server then the lag issue fixed
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    KevinYip
    KevinYip said:

Xionicomad

Gamesday
    Gamesday said:

Xionicomad

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

The game is currently unplayable! it is lagging too hard. FIX IT NOW
    It isn't that simple. There isn't a switch that suddenly fixes lag, takes a lot of work to fix it and sometimes it's just unfixable. This is what is happening currently and I will simplify it as much as possible.

On the ReBoot server there is one door to go through and one door to exit. So many people are coming and going through those doors at once that it's causing part of the lag issue. The other issue is the AMOUNT of people on that server. Right now about every channel is full. Server is most likely struggling to stay up.

If the non-populated servers are lagging then idk what the problem is for those.

Um what in the hell are you talking about......of course there's a simple solution..... you make another reboot server, LOOK at all those empty channels its obvious that Reboot is the most popular server in GMS so.....with that said wouldn't it be smart if they added another reboot server cause all I keep seeing is people coming from other servers to this server cause its more populated and its more fun.......so yeah. Opening a new server takes a few days at most this lag has been on going since day 1 of V update patch, so 17 days we have experienced lag so please don't make excuses on behalf of Nexon.

Making a new server won't fix the lag issue. That never fixes the issue. Why you ask? Because players won't go to it. They'll go the most populated server instead of the new server. Then the lag issue turns into a player caused issue rather than a Nexon problem.

I'm also not making excuses for them. I've been around the mmo genre for quite some time now and speaking from experience. There is no sudden fix for lag nor is there a cheap way to fix the lag either. It cost money and takes quite some time.

Ultimately you either need to be patient and let the lag run its course, wait for a patch that MIGHT fix it or just quit. Demanding a fix is childish and does nothing, but get yourself ignored by the developers and by the community.
    i totally disagree because if you open a new server then the old server when it's reached certain amounts of players its will stop preventing you to enter and you have to come with the second reboot server then the lag issue fixed

===============================
    Wrong. Wanna know why?

As far as I know, there isn't a queue system for the servers on this game from keeping people off the server. They've never really needed them as far as I can tell. Doesn't matter if the server channels are full, people are still going to go on the populated ReBoot server rather than (this is hypothetical, there is no 2nd server) the newer ReBoot server.

I know I wouldn't want to switch to a server that would die down in a few months.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    2x exp?

• SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    "Nexon fix your " top meme of 2016
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    DC'd for HACK during solo voyage after having to wait 30 sec multiple times for my pet to pick up a dang meso bag. What if I got a Sweetwater, huh?!
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited December 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

DC'd for HACK during solo voyage after having to wait 30 sec multiple times for my pet to pick up a dang meso bag. What if I got a Sweetwater, huh?!
    What if i could kill a single monster in 1 minute.
  • LifeSaveNotLifeSaveNot
    edited December 2016
    I just don't get it. Maplestory Reboot server have tons of players but why won't they fix the lags and bugs so ppl won't start quitting again.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/4488/would-you-be-okay-if-nexon-decided-for-one-month#latest

Unless anyone else has a better idea, cause i don't want to hang around too long to see negativity spew out that could've been easily avoided.
    #My2Cents
  • CuriousPaperCuriousPaper
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Yes, the lag is terrible, the game can't handle the people from the 2x events, if the server can't keep up it disconnects me "for the hack reason", this especially applies at the higher level areas where monsters take a significantly long time to get KO'd because of the lag since the server's can't keep up, it's making the game very frustrating to play.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    Ya. The 2x this time around was indeed bad. Couldn't go to Future Perion and kill mah gaint STUMPS!
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Ya. The 2x this time around was indeed bad. Couldn't go to Future Perion and kill mah gaint STUMPS!
    This time around? This has been going on for almost a month now.

Nexon please stop ignoring us!! I DCed over 10 times today in just 2 hours. I was even purpose attacking slower than normal to avoid DC but still it happened. I had pet loot off as well. This is unbelievable.
  • SeaPrincessSeaPrincess
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    its funny how you all are having lag while i am playing during 2x exp with minimal lag(only lag when there are to many drops on the screen)
    so maybe its not the games foult but your potato cant take it (btw i play on a 3 year old laptop)

P.S.
    and just to be clear i expect lag becouse of latency(playing global from europe) but the lag isnt as bad compaired to before the last patch
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    SeaPrincess

its funny how you all are having lag while i am playing during 2x exp with minimal lag(only lag when there are to many drops on the screen)
    so maybe its not the games foult but your potato cant take it (btw i play on a 3 year old laptop)

P.S.
    and just to be clear i expect lag becouse of latency(playing global from europe) but the lag isnt as bad compaired to before the last patch
    *Stares back at the 23 pages of lag issues made by dozens of individual people with all different makes of computers*

Ah yes, clearly we're all talking out of our bottoms. One player doesn't have an issue so I guess there's no such lag in the game! It's all the computer's fault even though no one complained about a major lag before V update. Problem solved. I request a lock thread.

P.S. Just because lag from latency is expected, doesn't mean it's an excuse not to fix a major issue or to just go along with it.
  • ICSOblivionICSOblivion
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    LOL
    Right now, the game is unnplayable.
    i have been disconected like 20 times in less than 1 hr.
    And no, my pc is not a potato
    u.u
    BTW my netowrk is working ok
    Respuesta desde 216.58.193.14: bytes=32 tiempo=111ms TTL=56
    Respuesta desde 216.58.193.14: bytes=32 tiempo=110ms TTL=56

Estadísticas de ping para 216.58.193.14:
    Paquetes: enviados = 764, recibidos = 762, perdidos = 2
    (0% perdidos),
    Tiempos aproximados de ida y vuelta en milisegundos:
    Mínimo = 109ms, Máximo = 237ms, Media = 110ms
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    SeaPrincess

P.S.
    Just because you do not experience it does not make everyone else invalid.

Not everyone will have the same result, like when Nexon is not able to reproduce the issue yet many players are reporting on it. If a player is able to play a different game with no latency/crash issues on a much higher graphic intensive game then that usually means it's something on Nexon's side and not the players.

A few players like myself who play from custom computers can easily say that we're definitely not running on a potato OS with potato specs.

There's probably something we players experience lag have something in common but I can bet it's not on our end for general specs or internet service provider, which will probably make it harder for Nexon to pinpoint because it may just be a case-to-case basis for each individual player.

I wouldn't expect a quick-fix so soon because of that.
    Xionicomad
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

SeaPrincess

P.S.

Not everyone will have the same result, like when Nexon is not able to reproduce the issue yet many players are reporting on it. If a player is able to play a different game with no latency/crash issues on a much higher graphic intensive game then that usually means it's something on Nexon's side and not the players.

A few players like myself who play from custom computers can easily say that we're definitely not running on a potato OS with potato specs.

There's probably something we players experience lag have something in common but I can bet it's not on our end for general specs or internet service provider, which will probably make it harder for Nexon to pinpoint because it may just be a case-to-case basis for each individual player.

Finally someone who understands that Nexon can't fix lag overnight.
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    So... almost every single new post in general chat and tech support are lag complaints, What does it take nexon to improve the servers and their networking solution?

I just came back from a very long break and this game is a lagfest, its somehow still playable for me but i have a decent PC and 50Mpbs internet connection. Well i cant even move in Event Hall but maybe thats just me...

So really What does it take nexon to fix the lag and improve the gamers experience?
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Xionicomad

Its2Sharp4U

SeaPrincess

P.S.

Finally someone who understands that Nexon can't fix lag overnight.
    We're so past "overnight". This has been going on for WEEKS. Nexon has had more than enough time to have fixed the lag by now. Do not make excuses for them.
  • Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited December 2016
    I lag when I'm mobbing or using my 5th job skill (Ice Age) and when it leaves that icy floor to continuously hitting mobs, that lags me even more then I just freeze and d/c. In towns I'm fine
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    Haven't read all the comments above.
    But this is actually a very big problem.
    It's so unbelievable hard to even grind without lagging every 2min.
    If i speak for myself it's a real pain to level up or to boss. 3 of my skills are bugged and with this lagg, i spend hours wasting time in getting a little exp while i should recieve normally 5times more.

-please fix the lags
    -please fix NightWalker and any job who is unable to play
    -focus on banning hackers