[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[LAG/STABILITY] Ongoing lag issues megathread!

Comments

• CheesepieCheesepie
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    You did that to yourself, if you took a second to look at all the bitching that's been happing about lag in all servers during 2x. People are actually telling Nexon not to host any 2x events because they cant handle the stress.
  • MAYDENMAYDEN
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    What happens with this lag fix the server can not train in the 2 exp !!!
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited December 2016
    I feel sorry for you.

But if you expect any sort of compensation from Nexon, you most likely won't be getting any, cause ya know.... Nexon?

It's no wonder the game can't grow anymore from what it is today. Every time they manage round up a decently sized population of players, they blew them up.
    xLelouchzBarfonwhalesJettLuvsU
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    I feel like i'm leveling faster WITHOUT 2x THAN 2x.

If you want to fix the lag, don't put 2x up until you guys can manage better servers.

2x events = more people join onto servers = laggy servers

Not trying to be mean, just giving straight criticism.

• gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2016
    Hmmmm I thought the game started lagging since the v patch. Though there has been lag spikes which can lead to you dcing lately.
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited December 2016
    See when I started this morning at 3am I wasn't lagging at all so I was like mhm lets use a 2x coupon that I had for awhile saved. Well what do you know literally after 6am constant lag nonstop. Those are EST times btw
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2016
    i posted this in another thread and im going to leave this here as well, at this time i highly encourage avoiding using 2x exp coupons or any other form of exp coupons due to the instability, i recommend using the base 2x exp that's given to you through the event only.
  • xLelouchzxLelouchz
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    What sucks is that those are about to expire too. Can't even use a macro buff and climb ropes. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, hoping to level up throughout the winter.

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2016
    i don't know what causes lag on the server side. Can someone please give me a lecture on servers? I only know desktops and laptops.
  • WhatIsThisLagWhatIsThisLag
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Okay, so I'm sure there are many other threads regarding this situation, but I don't care to find/read them. I barely play this game because it's always lag infested (not on my end, but server lag), and it's completely unplayable. For example... I just go on 5 minutes ago on a character I haven't played since yesterday at 1:00 p.m EST (everything resets at 7:00 p.m EST), and I go to do my zakum (only thing I do on this character), and it says that i've finished my two zakums for today? Excuse me? What's even more ridiculous... is that I finished my zakums YESTERDAY on this character, BEFORE my mains zakum runs (by before I mean EARLIER), yet somehow I'm able to do the zakums on my main, but not the zakum farming mule? Really nexon? Wheres the logic in that.

To make things even more absurd, when doing zakum on my main.... (Evan), I go to put on magic guard, it's not activating it at all. It's almost like it's only for visual purposes as the button only sprinkles it's powder on my head, and doesn't actually give me a buff at the top right of my screen. Now, I was on this character for 15 minutes trying to activate my magic guard (which doesn't really need to be on for Zakum, but i like to have it on just incase). When entering zakum with a risk of dying without magic guard, the best part happens. It allows me to enter, but it doesn't allow me to drop the eye of fire... How unbelievably garbage is this game? Not only does lag affect my character so hard that i'm unable to activate probably the most useful buff IN THE GAME, but it doesn't allow me to drop ANYTHING? Really? How are you going to limit characters on runs per day when you can't even maintain a stable server? What's the logic in this? I'm had numerous amounts of days where I do a run of DIPQ for example, crash because i'm apparently hacking because this game can't process quickly enough due to all this lag.

I've been playing on/off since Beta of this game and unfortunately, lately... this game has been completely unbearable and makes me sick to my stomach to even look at. Either fix your god damn laggy servers, or stop limiting how many of something we can do UNLESS you fix the issues ON YOUR ENDS.
    edited December 2016
    Also, before people comment "why didn't you try to drop the eye of fire again". I've tried to drop it repeatedly for over 8 minutes. I have screenshots to prove it.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    All I've been doing this weekend is logging in for the hot time boxes
    a few minutes later the game freezes at some point so I kill Maple's process and do something else.
    edited December 2016
    Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

All I've been doing this weekend is logging in for the hot time boxes
    a few minutes later the game freezes at some point so I kill Maple's process and do something else.
    Yep, I'm basically in the same boat. I only play reboot, as the other servers are 'pay-to-win' in my opinion. If I crash once, that's it for the day, I don't even care to log back in. If I don't DC, I do zakum, hilla, madman ranmaru, horntail, and I log off. I don't waste time on this game as I used to. Stupid daily limits on boxes/boss runs just make it so limiting and I feel like they restrict players who invest time in their game.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    lol sometimes I try to drop some crap but nothing happens. Then I try to drop something else and it drops just fine. A few seconds later the item I tried to drop first just falls out of my pocket randomly.
    edited December 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

lol sometimes I try to drop some crap but nothing happens. Then I try to drop something else and it drops just fine. A few seconds later the item I tried to drop first just falls out of my pocket randomly.
    I usually get that happen! Although today, it blew my mind. After trying to drop the eye of fire in Zakums Alter for 8-9 minutes, it STILL wouldn't drop. What a total waste of time. Funniest part is, I bet you they won't do anything about it. They'll say "oh we're sorry". Their sorry is meaningless to me now as they just keep on failing to deliver on their end. Somehow theres never any lag when I'm charging NX or going to the cash shop. Strange, huh?
  • deadend5193deadend5193
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    I tried doing Dojo and it took me 10 seconds to spawn every boss. :< Ended up getting kicked out at Arkarium (30th floor) when usually I can clear it easily

I thought the past maintenances were supposed to fix the server lag? or at least make it not as bad..
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I couldn't even play my Mercedes this Saturday and Sunday... I can use the linked combos fine but the ishtar ring which is my main attack skills makes me lag and triggers gm police dc...
    Plus I am crashing at least once even before I log in, same for my friends, and having a good pc and internet connection doesn't fix any of the issues... I'm on the verge of quitting this game again. It is getting less and less enjoyable each day that passes.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    There's little to no lag for me during the week.
    But once comes 7PM on a Friday, that's when the poop hits the fan and the game is (almost) unplayable during the entire weekend.
    I haven't been able to level my burning character because the lag is so bad that I can only do the Play V Rewards timer thing before I get tired of the lag.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    deadend5193

I tried doing Dojo and it took me 10 seconds to spawn every boss. :< Ended up getting kicked out at Arkarium (30th floor) when usually I can clear it easily

I thought the past maintenances were supposed to fix the server lag? or at least make it not as bad..
    Ughhh, me too. I usually wait to do dojo until right before reset so that the other AB's don't look at me lol (also cuz procrastination). Looks like I'm doing dojo on weekdays in the middle of the night from now on...
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Seriously the game is basically unplayable for anyone who wants to do anything besides afk. Can't train. Can't explore. Can't do bosses. Hell, you can't even travel to the next map without having to wait various seconds, sometimes MINUTES, until you can enter a different map or change channels. Serious question below,