[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dear Nexon...

PawsaruPawsaru
Reactions: 740
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon Team,

These letters need to be added to the filter so ppl cannot use them for bad words in their IGN's. (example: DîckWhipGuys) "I already reported him/her to GM Tonyra"
Here are the letters: à á ä â Ç ç è é ë Ê ê ì í ï î Ñ ñ ò ó ö ô ù ú ü û
Also here are some words that aren't cencored (meaning they can speak it but cant use on ign) "Ass" "Cum" "Hoe" I believe these words need to be added to the filter aswell to help make maplestory a better place for children / young teens.

From a mapler,
Pawsaru
JettLuvsU

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    We must not allow our player fanbase of 16+ Year olds to become corrupted by adult language!
    Vielt
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    No don't i have my IRL Name with it on Character, and bought Char Name Change coupon for 10K NX Before, we got the New Instant name change ...

NAY
  • PawsaruPawsaru
    edited December 2016
    PhantomMasterThief

No don't i have my IRL Name with it on Character, and bought Char Name Change coupon for 10K NX Before, we got the New Instant name change ...

NAY
    I'm not telling nexon to remove those letters, I'm simply asking them to add them to the bad word filter for words like "Dîck" and etc so they cannot be used in game anymore.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Pawsaru
    Pawsaru said:

PhantomMasterThief

NAY
    I'm not telling nexon to remove those letters, I'm simply asking them to add them to the bad word filter for words like "Dîck" and etc so they cannot be used in game anymore.
    Why most of maple storys player base are like 16+, We need nexon to Remove the Current filter not to add more to it.........

• PawsaruPawsaru
    edited December 2016
    PhantomMasterThief

Pawsaru
    Pawsaru said:

PhantomMasterThief

NAY
    Why most of maple storys player base are like 16+, We need nexon to Remove the Current filter not to add more to it.........

The fact of the matter is that there are still children who play the game online. :l It doesn't matter how much of the fan base is a certain age, this game is meant for everyone "Including children" its not rated T for teens or M for mature, its for everyone so stop acting like the children who play the game don't matter. They have every right to play the game just as much as you or I do. Even the rules of nexon say not to use foul language yet they still do and people get in trouble when they get reported with solid proof of course. If you feel that strongly about it, make your own post about it. People who think the way you do about this matter need to act their age and be mature for once, you say its 16+ so thats more then enough age to know whats right and whats wrong. That means you all should know better to respect the fellow maplers who are younger then you, because if you had a child or a young sibling and you actually cared for what they listen to or who they be around, I'm sure you wouldn't want adults to be using foul language on a game they play. (This isn't call of duty, or battlefield, or gta) This is maplestory, so get your ego out of your rear end my friend.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Pawsaru
    Pawsaru said:

PhantomMasterThief

Pawsaru
    Pawsaru said:

PhantomMasterThief

NAY

The fact of the matter is that there are still children who play the game online. :l It doesn't matter how much of the fan base is a certain age, this game is meant for everyone "Including children" its not rated T for teens or M for mature, its for everyone so stop acting like the children who play the game don't matter. They have every right to play the game just as much as you or I do. Even the rules of nexon say not to use foul language yet they still do and people get in trouble when they get reported with solid proof of course. If you feel that strongly about it, make your own post about it. People who think the way you do about this matter need to act their age and be mature for once, you say its 16+ so thats more then enough age to know whats right and whats wrong. That means you all should know better to respect the fellow maplers who are younger then you, because if you had a child or a young sibling and you actually cared for what they listen to or who they be around, I'm sure you wouldn't want adults to be using foul language on a game they play. (This isn't call of duty, or battlefield, or gta) This is maplestory, so get your ego out of your rear end my friend.
    the issue is that the censor they use just sees a+s+s= banned so for assassin for instance will be censored and just become ******in and so on, they need better coding of the swear filter that actually just blocks the basic swears and not letter combinations that happen to make a "bad" word like "whisper me" "sweetwater" "document" ..etc but the way the censor currently is it just looks for letter combinations and that makes it hard to communicate, and I'm not even getting into all of the foreign swears that end up on that filter that just make it harder.

also a Hoe is not just the street term for.. , it's also a gardening tool
    Vielt
  • PawsaruPawsaru
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

Pawsaru
    Pawsaru said:

PhantomMasterThief

Pawsaru
    Pawsaru said:

PhantomMasterThief

NAY

the issue is that the censor they use just sees a+s+s= banned so for assassin for instance will be censored and just become ******in and so on, they need better coding of the swear filter that actually just blocks the basic swears and not letter combinations that happen to make a "bad" word like "whisper me" "sweetwater" "document" ..etc but the way the censor currently is it just looks for letter combinations and that makes it hard to communicate, and I'm not even getting into all of the foreign swears that end up on that filter that just make it harder.

also a Hoe is not just the street term for.. , it's also a gardening tool
    I'm sorry but I was replying to someone else, please don't jump into it xD
  • VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited December 2016
    Literally all they have to do is put an off/on button for the filter. However, nobody will use it because Nexon's filter is garbage.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    This kinda stuff is why I cant use a really good name for my Bowmaster due to the middle letters being "bad" word.