[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Favorite/Least Favorite Characters

SherriSherri
Reactions: 3,375
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Probably already done before. But I still am curious. Everyone, who are your favorite characters? Why do you like them? Everyone has to at least like quite a few, if not all. There are so many, that is what makes MapleStory so immersive and fun.
I'll be surprised if not many people comment, since MapleStory is pretty much all about the diversity of characters. Probably why this topic is so unoriginal LOL
Which characters are you not fond of? Are they just plain annoying or rude? Or are they just.. I don't know.. how can somebody dislike any of the characters? Q~Q
A few notes;

*Keep things appropriate, I have a fear of angry moderators. :'c
*Just because somebody likes/dislikes a character, please do not argue over it. It's each others opinions and I don't want to see any arguments started.

Thank you everyone and I hope you enjoy my first (unoriginal) thread! <3

I'll add all of my own favorites later if anybody DOES care. There are too many.
Okay fine.
I'll start off with Shade and Neinheart.
I feel really bad for Shade, the poor guy looks always so depressed. How could you not want to cuddle him and feed him cookies? D:
Neinheart needs more love in general. >.> He's smart and fabulous.
(Something tells me I'm the only one who feels this way. xP)
Oh! I also really like Beta. She is a lot like me. Plus she's shoo cuuute >w<

Comments

• ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    I like how sassy Lilin is. I like Evan too especially after the recent blockbuster. I don't like Hilla because she a thot. And I hate beast tamer
    JettLuvsU
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    I guess favorite is the Black Mage, i just find him impressive honestly, managing to single-handed all heros, and controling all over maple world, just wonder how much he actually knows of knowledge.
    For the least favorite maybe.., Wiz he controlled Alpha's life and others with lies, and was forcing him to forget about Beta's encounter, doing the Zero questline made me annyoing of him.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I always liked Oz's cute look and speech. Little unfortunate that she doesn't really talk much or feature in too many (or any...) questlines though.

Orchid was another of my favorites. Hoping we see more of her. I remember a post-Black Heaven scene where she visited Guwaru with Francis or something? I was dumb and forgot to screenshot every dialogue box for it though, so I don't remember too much about it.

Velderoth is another character I'm sorta interested in. I'm wondering if he'll ever redeem himself in a later storyline. Also like how Tear still refers to him as "Veldie" lol.

I also loved the dynamic between Luminous, Phantom, and Mercedes (and Evan and Mir) during Heroes of Maple. That argument between Luminous and Phantom was so intense. And Evan and Mir being thieves was also a hilarious moment.

Least favorite would probably be Neinhart. Mainly because of his dubbed voice - it just seemed completely off the mark to me lol.
    JettLuvsUSherri
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Damien. Damien so hard. Heroes of Maple wrecked me and I'm still fudged up over him. He's like a poisoned cinnamon roll. While he did a lot of evil things, he still had a heart; not wanting his brother to hate him and leading an army of half-demons to carve a place for them in the world. His heart was what made his death so tragic. Even in Friendstory, even though he's a jerk, you could still admire how hard he works for his passion and understand part of why he's a jerk. In fact, I think it was largely unfair how you win in the band battle against him. Damien broke me. I will never be the same. I'd even go so far as to say he's my all-time favorite character.

I also like Freud because he's kind of this mysterious genius character. You don't get to see him a lot and most of what you pick up are from what other characters say about him and the impact of his actions, which makes you curious about him. It certainly made me curious about him.

My least favorite is Arkarium for obvious reasons of ruining Demon Slayer and Damien, who has nothing to do with his petty grudge aagainst DS, and using and deceiving Damien with an illusion of hope of returning to happier times. Hate him why didn't he just die dammiiiiit.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2016
    Ivangold ~ "I guess favorite is the Black Mage, i just find him impressive honestly, managing to single-handed all heros, and controling all over maple world, just wonder how much he actually knows of knowledge.
    For the least favorite maybe.., Wiz he controlled Alpha's life and others with lies, and was forcing him to forget about Beta's encounter, doing the Zero questline made me annyoing of him."

Ooh Will I think his name was?
    Yeah, I have to say he is my least favorite now that I think about it.
    I mean, he has a cool character concept, don't get me wrong.
    But.. what he did makes me angry.

Fennekin ~ "I always liked Oz's cute look and speech. Little unfortunate that she doesn't really talk much or feature in too many (or any...) questlines though.

Orchid was another of my favorites. Hoping we see more of her. I remember a post-Black Heaven scene where she visited Guwaru with Francis or something? I was dumb and forgot to screenshot every dialogue box for it though, so I don't remember too much about it.

Velderoth is another character I'm sorta interested in. I'm wondering if he'll ever redeem himself in a later storyline. Also like how Tear still refers to him as "Veldie" lol.

I also loved the dynamic between Luminous, Phantom, and Mercedes (and Evan and Mir) during Heroes of Maple. That argument between Luminous and Phantom was so intense. And Evan and Mir being thieves was also a hilarious moment.

Least favorite would probably be Neinhart. Mainly because of his dubbed voice - it just seemed completely off the mark to me lol."

Hmmm really? Honestly, I can't remember what he did sound like.
    I've heard him before, I know that.. but I just forget. lul

In general though, all dubbed voices sound.. a little odd.
    Maybe I'm too used to other languages..?

I also adore Orchid, I can't believe I forgot her. She's so adorbs!
    And yeah, she visited Guwaru so she can use her powers, not the power that the Black Mage gave her.

*Spoiler Alert of Black Heaven*

(Which I think she used up all of it to stop Black Heaven's missiles?)
  • iOneTimeziOneTimez
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Don't mind me. Just butting in.. lels.

I personally like the Friendstory Magnus and Hilla, and that's when I started shipping them like crazy. I always do DI pqs with my characters and I also see the thing (don't actually quite remember) when Hilla says to Magnus "Oh isn't it my sweet darling Magnus" something like that, I effin love that.

I also love Mercedes. I love her un-girlyness despite her being a queen of Elluel. She's just so cool-looking with that dual bowguns.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited December 2016
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

Hmmm really? Honestly, I can't remember what he did sound like.
    I've heard him before, I know that.. but I just forget. lul

In general though, all dubbed voices sound.. a little odd.
    Maybe I'm too used to other languages..?

I also adore Orchid, I can't believe I forgot her. She's so adorbs!
    And yeah, she visited Guwaru so she can use her powers, not the power that the Black Mage gave her.

*Spoiler Alert of Black Heaven*

(Which I think she used up all of it to stop Black Heaven's missiles?)
    Look no further than here:

They made Neinheart sound like an overexaggerated posh. It's cringe worthy.

And Orchid didn't go to Guwaru because she didn'the want to use the powers the Black Mage gave her or because she used it all up. It's because she wanted to obtain the true powers of the Spirit of Darkness, which was what she and Lotus were originally.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    my favorite character? Gaaaah...why you ask me such a tough question. I like Lotus/Damien a lot...Lotus because the poor guy doesn't have much choice in what happens to him...Damien because he just...is very misinformed.

Least favorite? Arkarium, I just want him to die already...he does so much out of jealousy, he really is a "snake" if you get my meaning...
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2016
    PhoenixKumo ~
    "Look no further than here:

They made Neinheart sound like an overexaggerated posh. It's cringe worthy."

---------

Mixed feelings at best.
    Not sure if cringe or aaaww he's so pooosh <3
    Though my thought of his voice was a bit different..

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Angelic Buster can die in a fire.
    Everyone knows my favourite character.
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2016
    Maryse ~ "Angelic Buster can die in a fire. Everyone knows my favourite character."

--------------

It's clearly Princess Violetta, amiright?
    /lolno

I like Angelic Buster and Beast Tamer TBH
    Both are fun classes
    There is only one class I despise.
    Kaiser is sooooo boring. :C
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    "Angelic Buster can die in a fire. Everyone knows my favourite character."

o shoot shots fired, bt suxxxx

And I ship AB and Kaiser, and I liked the parts of Kaiser's story that I bothered to do, but goddam do I dislike Kaiser's voice acting for his skills (both male and female versions). The voice sounds like a battle hardened, scar/wrinkly faced old warrior, but his character looks in his twenties and just starting his military career.......

And omg, Hilla and Magnus are awesome lol.

"Why, if it isn't my darling little Magnus! I'm impressed you manage to make it all the way out here without your mother to hold your hand."

"Ms. Hilla! It's so dark! Hold me!"
    "AHHH! Ms. Hilla! Save me!"

"WHAT THE-! Get away from me!"
    Sherri
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2016
    The Good:
    Both DS and Damien for having the most character depth; the latter being a great example of a MS villain done right. Very well written backstory told similarly to a Greek tragedy.

The Bad:
    Dr. Gelimer and Arkarium.

Ugh, these despicable pair are hell bent on ruining as many lives as possible for the sake of seeking/maintaining power. What is worse, both (supposedly) meet an end that is all too good for them and w/o any interaction with player. If we have to go above and beyond cleaning up their atrocities, is it too much to ask in letting us pound at least one nail in their boiling tar filled coffins?.

The Ugly:
    Princess Violetta... just... *shutters*
    It's a toss up between the fake "Damsel in Distress" troupe or her face resembling a melting Arnold Schwarzenegger wax figure at Madame Tussaud.
    Sherri
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited December 2016
    scholar624

The Good:
    Both DS and Damien for having the most character depth; the latter being a great example of a MS villain done right. Very well written backstory told similarly to a Greek tragedy.

The Bad:
    Dr. Gelimer and Arkarium.

Ugh, these despicable pair are hell bent on ruining as many lives as possible for the sake of seeking/maintaining power. What is worse, both (supposedly) meet an end that is all too good for them and w/o any interaction with player. If we have to go above and beyond cleaning up their atrocities, is it too much to ask in letting us pound at least one nail in their boiling tar filled coffins?
    Yes, those two brothers just breaks me.

Naw. Demon Slayer has first dibs on Arkarium. I'm looking forward to having him punch Ark's teeth out if they meet. I don't mind if the player never interacts with Ark next time. I just want his final death to be by DS's hands.
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    Was excited to talk about favorite class (again) but nope, boring trivial subject matter here. Who reads quests anyway?
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2016
    Well, I'm sorry not everything fits into your wants, sweetie.
    And it's called MapleSTORY for a reason. :)
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Anything Black Mage. They are just so horribly written for me.
  • SrcionSrcion
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    Xenon and Demon had great backstory and are my favorite

As for my least favorite -Phantom dude basically was responsible for creating the black wings and xenon in the first place
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2016
    Demon had a very depressing backstory. Actually to be honest, a lot of classes have depressing backstories now that I think about it.
    Hopefully something more cheerful comes out loll