[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Reboot Cubing is TOO bloody expensive :(

Drakeos99Drakeos99
Reactions: 1,625
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Yet stuck with 9m cause cannot afford ANY cubes due to PRICES way to high and yet HOW you expect someone to get better gear when they can't even cube their stuff when peices over 7m :( PLEASE think of people who just started fresh and wanted to get to 200+ without having any link characters behind them :(

Comments

• PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    A reboot player whining that cubing is too expensive...
    That is very funny.
    Just be happy your not paying real money for those cubes.
    Lukhas
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    So basically you want power without having to pay for it with either money or time?

Everyone in Reboot started out with nothing, just like you. Some of them made a character specifically for farming meso, some of them just collect meso from daily bosses, and progress more slowly. That's how the server works. If that doesn't suit you, perhaps you should try one of the other servers.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    22m is expensive?

Also much rather pay that then paying real money.
  • SnowieeSnowiee
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    Drakeos99
    Drakeos99 said:

Yet stuck with 9m cause cannot afford ANY cubes due to PRICES way to high and yet HOW you expect someone to get better gear when they can't even cube their stuff when peices over 7m :( PLEASE think of people who just started fresh and wanted to get to 200+ without having any link characters behind them :(
    I'm from reboot and reading this made me facepalm. You expect go get good gear without doing jack. The people with good equips spent months farming. I so rather pay mesos to cube than real money, you are one lazy person.

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Even as a Non-Rebooter I can say:

You need to do your dailies at least. You won't get far if you don't put any effort into it.

On another note, I'm not surprised that new players are wandering into Reboot without a clue what to expect.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    >Reboot cubing's too expensive

you serious?
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    Be happy that you can buy cubes with meso.

• KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    He probably hasn't even looked into all the sources of Epic Potential scrolls and free Master cubes. Though I admit that having one strong character makes it vastly easier to fund/equip a second character.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    Cubing isn't expensive. I normally get like at least 100m mesos from doing the basic daily bosses like nmag, ht, zak,hilla,ra,cpq,etc. It's really helpful to join a fun and friendly guild that do dailies with you if you have low range.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    You are still new, of course the mesos wouldn't be flying into your account yet. You need to join a nice good guild that can train with you and help you with daily bosses for mesos. You might even get to have a Northern Heights map which is one of the best meso farming spots.

I was able to keep 1b aside in storage for this event just doing dailies.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Part of me wonders if you're just trolling for responses, but here goes, anyways.

Chrissakes man, they are putting them on sale all friggin' day! You picked a hell of a time to whine about this. Just from today's mesos from grinding/bossing on 2x, I regained a nice little chunk of what I spent on them. Most of the folks I know on Reboot are whining about not having enough slots to hold all the cubes they want to buy ahead of time before the miracle time madness begins. A few of them only started just a month or two ago. They saved back, planned ahead.

Maybe that's just the type of players I choose to roll with. But if you think Nexon is going to change that part of this game at your behest just because you are a freshly minted player, boy I've got news for you.

There are so many ways to get mesos in Reboot that it is almost absurd. Most of it is just putting in some time each day. Go do some up-to-date research on how Reboot works, get out there, put in the time like the rest of us did. If you don't like the idea of putting some hard work in to your account and earn your way, Reboot might not be the right fit for you.
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    After making the effort and farming 2.6 billion mesos you sir make me sad to the highest order.
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

So basically you want power without having to pay for it with either money or time?

Everyone in Reboot started out with nothing, just like you. Some of them made a character specifically for farming meso, some of them just collect meso from daily bosses, and progress more slowly. That's how the server works. If that doesn't suit you, perhaps you should try one of the other servers.
    (EDIT: not sure why quote isn't working)
    Actually, you CAN spend quite a bit of time (for a video game) just training in Reboot and NOT make enough money to cube effectively. You have to farm and farm and really know what you're doing to get all of your equips to even Epic with 2 decent lines.

• MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    Drakeos99
    Drakeos99 said:

You have to invest time to make mesos in reboot server. If you want to be powerful in a short amount of time, then just play normal servers and drop $1000. If you have a job and can set aside a portion of the money for maple, then it shouldn't be a problem.
  • VolumezVolumez
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2016
    Tbh, I wish cubes were cheaper but at the same time I'm thankful that I can even buy cubes for mesos and not real money.
    I've been playing Maple for 10 years and never bought NX, ever.
    It takes time and "hard work" to get stronger, the players you see with awesome equips and crazy dmg, that didn't happen overnight.
    Do daily bosses, participate in events, cube your items slowly, when u get stronger you could even cube some meso gear.
    I personally don't farm mesos, but from my daily bossing with 120% meso gear I get about 70-80m a day not including meso pouches or other event stuff you can someone gain mesos from.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
  • iNatiNat
    Reactions: 1,480
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    lol u tihnk thats expensive???? go on non reboot and pay real money then u will see what's expensive.

do ur daily boss runs and use drop gear to get mesos off farming bosses also do mp3s and blackgates to farm for mesos
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    @fradd quoting doesn't work because they disabled Simple HTML temporarily due to security issues involving a recent breach and constant page exploiting to the point the forums had pop-ups for inappropriate links.

For getting mesos in Reboot training at the very start of a new character nets you almost no mesos. It really depends if you have the time for getting things done.

If you want to get there as fast as possible you want to mesos farm. Otherwise doing daily bosses is good enough, but don't expect to be fully equipped with the best in one day. It takes endurance in order to get anywhere you want to be.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016

This guy came here for sympathy.. gets 2 pages worth of people just shaking their heads.
    I mean, what do you expect? People with a year's worth of work into the server see this guy who probably hasn't played more than a month yet at this point crying that cubing is too expensive. Meanwhile, they're looking at the untold tens of billions of mesos some of them have sunk into cubing gear compared to what likely amounts to 500m or less that this guy has put into his gear.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    I don't even play on Reboot and this was really painful to read. I may not support the idea of dumping hundreds of hours into a poorly managed dying game, but that's the price you have to pay if you want to make any progress, especially in Reboot.