[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• MewsMews
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    Well, this is unfortunate. On another note, my ticket got closed recently. They said they'll write a follow up ticket after they find a solution.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    adgn
    adgn said:

:
    "Ticket update: My one week old open ticket just got closed and marked as 'solved'
    Still no solution... Stop trying so hard to sugarcoat an incompetent team. We all know they're useless. So what now? They copy paste kms codes, copy paste forum posts, are they expecting to fix this copying their 3 year old solution? Lmao."
    I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything. On the contrary. I'm pointing out that they were not aware of this issue and did not write a post promising a solution at the next maintenance - or ever.

Tickets get closed as "solved" because that's the stupid way they have their Customer Support set up. Once a ticket is out of the GM's hands (in this case, it was moved to the "Game Team", a.k.a programmers), it's "solved" as far as Customer Support is concerned. Because they are measured on how many tickets they close, and if they were to actually leave tickets open until a real solution is reached, they'd never get paid.

The devs are probably enjoying their holidays playing Overwatch like everyone else in Korea. Maybe after New Year's they'll have time to try to log into your characters and figure out what's glitching them.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    I believe that their tech team is on holiday and the GMs are helpless. " when they find a solution " may be a month / few months / a year / never ? its NEXON we are talking about...
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

adgn
    adgn said:

:
    "Ticket update: My one week old open ticket just got closed and marked as 'solved'
    Still no solution... Stop trying so hard to sugarcoat an incompetent team. We all know they're useless. So what now? They copy paste kms codes, copy paste forum posts, are they expecting to fix this copying their 3 year old solution? Lmao."
    I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything. On the contrary. I'm pointing out that they were not aware of this issue and did not write a post promising a solution at the next maintenance - or ever.

Tickets get closed as "solved" because that's the stupid way they have their Customer Support set up. Once a ticket is out of the GM's hands (in this case, it was moved to the "Game Team", a.k.a programmers), it's "solved" as far as Customer Support is concerned. Because they are measured on how many tickets they close, and if they were to actually leave tickets open until a real solution is reached, they'd never get paid.

The devs are probably enjoying their holidays playing Overwatch like everyone else in Korea. Maybe after New Year's they'll have time to try to log into your characters and figure out what's glitching them.
    Thing is, they already 'passed it to the devs' and closed my ticket a week ago when my first ticket was created. They won't do **** any time soon. The Game Team is pretty much useless and no one should ever count on them. I guess this will only be fixed when enough of the population gets locked out and KMS devs step in. In the mean time, our devs will be on holiday drinking blue pots to increase their PP .. and hopefully IQ as well. (being too optimistic to think those people understands how to play Overwatch)

On a side note, staffs without any qualifications shouldn't be paid.. or rather shouldn't even be hired in the first place.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    adgn
    adgn said:

:
    "Thing is, they already 'passed it to the devs' and closed my ticket a week ago when my first ticket was created. They won't do **** any time soon. The Game Team is pretty much useless and no one should ever count on them. I guess this will only be fixed when enough of the population gets locked out and KMS devs step in. In the mean time, our devs will be on holiday drinking blue pots to increase their PP .. and hopefully IQ as well. (being too optimistic to think those people understands how to play Overwatch)

On a side note, staffs without any qualifications shouldn't be paid.. or rather shouldn't even be hired in the first place."

The only "dev team" we have is in Korea. There are no developers at Nexon America.
    (see: http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update/17945/blog-5th-job-insights-from-nexon-korea-s-dev-team)

Most of the time when a GM says that they've passed something on to the Game Team, they either don't do it, or the Game Team doesn't bother to look at it. This time, since they took over Smadar's account, I am optimistic that they actually intend to investigate it.
    Still doesn't mean it will happen anytime soon, of course.
    All we can do is hope.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    "This time, since they took over Smadar's account, I am optimistic that they actually intend to investigate it.
    Still doesn't mean it will happen anytime soon, of course"
    LOL , I opened a post here so as many effected players possible will add and NEXON will actually do something. (at the past 36 hours no GM was trying to log into my Kaiser)
    I still have 26 days old open ticket waiting for them to provide me with a working marvel code for 5 white cubes.... it seems like I have no effect on a none existing " game team ".
  • WingedReignWingedReign
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    Please feel free to add my character to the list of those affected; I've gone through the whole live-chat process where they attempt to log in on my character with no avail.

I should note, I disconnected from the game into the black screen while training at Upper Left Stem, and was not changing channels or maps.

Wings / 225 / Kaiser / Scania / December 29, around 8:30AM PST
  • CaravelaCaravela
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Feel free to add me to the list as well.

Noble / 250 / Mechanic / El Nido / December 22 around 5:30PM PST

I was changing channels, the screen went black for about 2 mins, so I closed the game. Now I cant log into that character only.
  • NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2016
    This is so sad. I'm sure you all, just like me, have been waiting for this update for months, and now we can't even play it while it's still being hyped up.
  • ShreytasticShreytastic
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Feel free to add my character to the list.

Summer / 250 / Zero / Bera / December 24th, around 4:30AM PST.

I disconnected while cc'ing and wasn't able to log back in.
  • CaravelaCaravela
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    NoSkillKid

This is so sad. I'm sure you all, just like me, have been waiting for this update for months, and now we can't even play it while it's still being hyped up.
    Yep, I was looking forward to all the new events, but its been a week already since my character was glitched. Hopefully nexon can fix it soon.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    Please add my friend ( he could not post in the forums )

IGN: Fringe / Level: 221 Kinesis / server : Scania / Time of Event: Dec 29 6PM PST / while AFK in Nameless Town channel 20
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    A question to those who are stuck: did you maxed many of your 5th job skills ? (a friend that understands a little suggested that it may be connected).
    personally I maxed 3 main Kaiser's attack skills and 10 minutes before I crashed I maxed Kaiser's 5th job skill and warriors 5th job skill.
  • adgnadgn
    edited December 2016
    Smadar
    Smadar said:

A question to those who are stuck: did you maxed many of your 5th job skills ? (a friend that understands a little suggested that it may be connected).
    personally I maxed 3 main Kaiser's attack skills and 10 minutes before I crashed I maxed Kaiser's 5th job skill and warriors 5th job skill.
    I had 6 skills maxed and was disassembling/crafting nodes right before getting stuck.
  • ShreytasticShreytastic
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Smadar
    Smadar said:

I also maxed out 6 of my boost nodes and was disassembling/crafting nodes before I crashed.
  • MewsMews
    edited December 2016
    I don't have any max nodes. I was doing my daily bossing when I crashed.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    Hmm, sounds familiar.

Does anything change if you unlink all link skills, character cards, and farm?
  • PewePewePewePewe
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Today I got stuck aswell :(
    Happy new year everyone!

Pewe / 250 / DarkKnight / Luna / December 31th 2016
  • adgnadgn
    edited December 2016
    Lmao 2 weeks and all they did was write a one sentence report finally recognizing the bug. I doubt they're even working on it right now.