[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Summon skill disappears when in water in Chuchu

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
I grinded my Hero to Turrent Zone 3 in Chuchu Island, where you can travel by swimming in river. I notice that my 5th job skill Burning Soul Blade summon is gone when I jump in water, but I still see time remaining of ''buff duration'' and when I go out of water, it'S not respawning. Plus when I fall in water with a familiar, it doesnt respawn either but buff icon still shows. I was using Wolf Underling familiar and it happened. It provides %drop as buff. The buff icon still here, even when familiar is killed. I used the familiar cuz i kept being d/c so i use Wolf and then I stop getting nodestones, so I have a feeling the buff only works when the familiar is present.

thrakkes
Mardia
Lv222 Hero
Date of incidence: Dec 28th, between 10 and 11:30pm PST

Step to reproduce: Go to any map of Chuchu island where you can jump into river (Torrent Zone) with a summon spawned, either skills or familiar. They stop showing after falling in water even if the ''buff icon'' is still on top right corner of screen. And I can't tell if %drop buff from familiar stops working because it doesnt respawn. They don't get spawn back. I think that applies to summon from Soul Weapon as well.

EDIT: Also, fix this d/c so I can hunt without losing Lucky Winter buff lol.

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    edited December 2016
    No one else has this problem?
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    i did until i realized it hadn't catched up with me.
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited December 2016
    I tried it out and I was able to still keep the sword on me. It always returns to me after I exit the water.

For the familier, it will disappear, but is still active even when I debuff the drop icon, the drop buff will come back. So the familier is still on, but invisible. Changing maps will make the familier re appear.

video
  • MewsMews
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    Going on a rope will make the familiar reappear. The familiar actually just falls off the map and stays at the bottom of the map because it can't go into the water. This is actually a good thing because this makes your familiar not attack monsters and it doesn't waste away it's vitality. Although, if you want it back just hang onto a rope and jump off on to a solid platform and it'll come back to you.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    I'm amazed you caught this, because I was too busy disconnecting from server lag and glitchy Chu Chu Island maps to notice this, lol.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited December 2016
    RayKuda
    RayKuda said:

I tried it out and I was able to still keep the sword on me. It always returns to me after I exit the water.

For the familier, it will disappear, but is still active even when I debuff the drop icon, the drop buff will come back. So the familier is still on, but invisible. Changing maps will make the familier re appear.

video

Weird. Well, when it happens I have put sword stationary and went in water. I didnt get to see sword back when out of water. I might need to test this.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2017
    Burning Soul Blade will only disappear permanently for the rest of the duration if it is stationary when changing map or when you enter the water. So don't leave it stationary when entering the water or change map to not have it disappear.

Bug type: Skill functionality

Brief bug summary: Stationary Burning Soul Blade is missing the function to reappear if it forcibly desummoned (By changing map or entering the river at Chu Chu Island).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Activate Burning Soul Blade
    2. Place Burning Soul Blade as a turret
    3. Change map, or enter the water in Chu Chu Island river map
    4. The Burning Soul Blade will no longer reappear for the rest of the duration

Character name: Rexaar2
    Character level: 226
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Scania