[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited January 2017
    I did happen to me ( IGN: Gangsta) the December 25th 2016 at around 23:40 PST, but I realized something was wrong with my character 2 hours before I couldn't log back on my Jett.

I know the bug/glitch get trigger after the next time you crash or disconnect. If you happen to crash and couldn't log back into your character, it might not be linked to what you were doing just before you crash (FM, dailies, bossing).

It seems a lot of people here did disassemble / opened nodes before they crashed (can be even few hours before). Am I right? I need more information to what you did before you crashed, even hours ago.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @Slatymate : considering most everyone 200+ is farming nodes, and most people aren't locked out of their chars, I don't think opening or disassembling nodes, in itself, is indicative of anything.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    This just happened to me a couple minutes ago.

ShyAlly / 225 / Bishop / Scania / Janurary 1st 2017

My situation:
    I was training at "Lying in Response : Eastern Cave" in Vanishing Journey in Arcane River. I suddenly get disconnected (back to the login screen). This has happened a lot of times before and didn't seem unusual.

I click "Quit" and restarted MapleStory via GameLauncher as I usually do. When trying to login to my character... well you know what happened. I can login fine to other characters.
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    Looks like scania is really a leading server for stuck characters... and all nexon did was writing 1 bad sentence that THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE AN ESTIMATION for a fix. we miss so much progress in game and our holiday free time.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    edited January 2017
    Smadar
    Smadar said:

Looks like scania is really a leading server for stuck characters... and all nexon did was writing 1 bad sentence that THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE AN ESTIMATION for a fix. we miss so much progress in game and our holiday free time.
    Yeah... I don't even have any motivation to train any of my mules. There are items on my main character that I'd love to transfer if I really felt like training mules.

This glitch is equivalent to being banned for no reason. I should have just stayed asleep instead of training during 2x... Happy new year :|
  • ShreytasticShreytastic
    Reactions: 210
    edited January 2017
    As far as I know this seems like a non-reboot problem. Has anyone heard of any reboot characters getting stuck?
  • MewsMews
    edited January 2017
    @Shreytastic Yea I know of some reboot characters who have been stuck. They're friends of mine.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    edited January 2017
    One thought that came to mind are nodes -

I have a good amount of drop gear, so I had a good amount of node stones. Previously I always disassembled them after opening and just kept a pile of node shards but few actual nodes. I may or may not have not done the "disassemble them" part this time around. I noticed that the list of stuck characters are mostly high levels, who are probably used to doing a lot of grinding (and thus may have a large number of nodestones).

To those who are stuck - did you have a lot (100+) of actual nodes on your character?
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    i agree with the nodestone evaluation. I was carrying 336 nodestones and opening one by one when i dced halfway and i couldnt login ever since.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited January 2017
    I feel like this is related to error code 38 for a long time.
    My warrior was looting was looting stuff during the 2x event and had a lot of shining Santa boxes inside the use inventory. After getting disconnected, I couldn't log back in anymore.
    Since the V update has increased the maximum amount of inventory space you can have from 96 -> 128, they most likely did not update their fix for this type of bug.
    The old bug worked like; If you had more items in your inventory than the "recommended" amount, it bugs you and you can't back in.

Steps for reproduction if this is the case

1. Fill equip, use, set-up. and etc until a total of 400+ inventory space is filled
    2,Log out
    3.Try logging back in
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    edited January 2017
    Looking at the previous posts in this thread, it seems a handful of stuck characters (but not all) had maxed nodes. To get maxed nodes, you must have had a lot of nodestones at some point.

I'll throw in my stats as well:
    During the login-session during which I got stuck, I believe I reconfigured my nodes. I had 4 maxed skill nodes that I reconfigured into 4 different maxed nodes.
    I.e. I went from:
    2x (Bahmaut / Angel Ray / Heaven's Door) & 2x (Genesis / Big Bang / Heal)
    to
    2x (Bahamut / Angel Ray / Big Bang) & 2x (Genesis / Heaven's Door / Heal)

Doing so involved a lot of disassembling, enhancing, and opening new nodes, of course.

Also my 5th job skill, "Intense Prayer", node is maxed; however, it has been maxed for a long time without issues.

Another thing I was doing beforehand was opening a lot (10k+) of V boxes, but I had done so on previous occasions as well without issue.

@RadiantSight : That is also definitely a possibility. I was training, so chances are pretty high that my Equip and Use inventory were nearly full.
  • SerisentSerisent
    Reactions: 715
    edited January 2017
    Volkner / 226 / Mercedes / Broa / Jan 1st 2017 1:50PM PST

Stuck after queuing into normal magnus

EDIT: Have a 20 - slot soul and production bag. Also my V-Matrix was clean but I had 3 lv 25 nodes. Dunno if that's relevant though.
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    ShyAlly
    ShyAlly said:

One thought that came to mind are nodes -

I have a good amount of drop gear, so I had a good amount of node stones. Previously I always disassembled them after opening and just kept a pile of node shards but few actual nodes. I may or may not have not done the "disassemble them" part this time around. I noticed that the list of stuck characters are mostly high levels, who are probably used to doing a lot of grinding (and thus may have a large number of nodestones).

To those who are stuck - did you have a lot (100+) of actual nodes on your character?
    I reached the nodestone limit and was disassembling them before I crashed. Still had around 500 unopened ones in the inventory.
  • MewsMews
    edited January 2017
    I always open my node stones after I get about over 100, so I never actually carry more than 200 or so node stones at once.

On a side note: I was one of those people who were affected by the Error code 38 which happened back in 2013.
    I also have a lot of 20 slot bags which I don't know if has anything to do with this either. Except, I feel like the issue back then isn't the issue we have now but it could be the issue. Just my speculation since we honestly don't know what is causing it. I just feel like it might be just being at the wrong place at the wrong time and seeing how poor the severs have been lately over the holidays, this might be why.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    edited January 2017
    It may have to do with being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I do think that something end-game is related, such as nodes or high-slot bags, considering the level of the people who are stuck.

I too have a lot of 20-slot bags. I'm not sure how full they were at the time. The arcane mobs drop recipes, so my recipe bag was probably getting filled up while training.
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    Could it be possible that our V-Matrix nodes were filled up. In the sense that, we opened too many nodestones, that filled far beyond the limit it could hold before we could disassemble them.
  • ShreytasticShreytastic
    Reactions: 210
    edited January 2017
    @RyotaKisè it's possible, but I doubt it. I've hit the max number of nodes a couple of times before and had to disassemble them before I could open more.

Don't think it's an inventory issue either cause my inventory regularly gets completely filled with arcane symbols/utgard equips/shining santa boxes while farming.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited January 2017
    @
    RyotaKisè

Could it be possible that our V-Matrix nodes were filled up. In the sense that, we opened too many nodestones, that filled far beyond the limit it could hold before we could disassemble them.
    I disassembled most of my useless nodes the day before I got stuck.
    My V Matrix only has 7 skill nodes and 6 boost nodes currently.

I got 4 herbalism/mining bags, 1 coin purse, 1 soul bag, 1 12 slot title bag, 1 12 slot chair bag, 96 equip slots which is full, 112 use slots which is full, 96 set-up slots, and 96 etc slots which is almost completely occupied.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited January 2017
    I had 0 node stones on my Kaiser .... I opened them all and maxed all the 5th job skills that I wanted 5-10 min before crashing but some stuck characters were doing daily bossing or having no skills maxed. its too random.
    NEXON stopped working on my account few days ago sending me to the general comment saying they have no estimation when this problem will be solved. in 2 days another new area is coming , finally an area for high levels, the holiday is over and our free time is gone with it... good job NEXON , as always.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited January 2017
    RyotaKisè

I had 0 cores that I do not need. my v matrix was well organized.