[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Lucid's Past [3rd branch archer?!]

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited December 2016 in General Chat

That girl who goes to war with Mercedes leaving behind Helena (BM Instructor)

a possible 3rd branch BM Class?! Damn Lucid was an Elf of Elluel. Kinda hot.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    There's not going to be a third branch bowman class. I wish people would just accept that already.
    UzumeCatooolooo
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited December 2016
    i want it
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

There's not going to be a third branch bowman class. I wish people would just accept that already.
    and I wish you'd get off my post if all you have to say is negative things lmfao
    Sherri
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    If there's even a chance of nexon to bring it(at least soon), i don't think it exist, since with the V upate, the focus will be new skills for the existing jobs, creating a new job today is now more complicated than when Hyper skills came.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited December 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

If there's even a chance of nexon to bring it(at least soon), i don't think it exist, since with the V upate, the focus will be new skills for the existing jobs, creating a new job today is now more complicated than when Hyper skills came.
    yeah that is true but the game play mostly follows the storyline,
    and like in any anime, Anything can happen.

and Let's be honest here,
    did anyone expect Cannoneers to be 3rd branch pirate? Nope
    did anyone actually expect to have blaster as a main branch Warrior Resistance w/ Instructor Elex? No.

Anything can happen, and if people still want to believe in the possibility then why you gotta ruin our fun?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016

Aggraphine

How do you know?

I'm pretty sure if you worked for Nexon, commenting on this would be a violation of various NDA?
    Ofc, you might be and in that case provide more info please. ;)
    1. People have been going "oh man, 3rd branch Archer pl0x" for years and nexon hasn't even hinted that there would be one, and if they were planning on releasing one, your best bet would have been what came to be the Mercedes class.

2. there are basically only 2 types of bows, the basic bow or Crossbow, all the bow Ideas you throw out for an Explorer will fall into either one of these.

3. a Lucid class would not be a branch in the explorers, she would be a class of her own like Zero, Beast Tamer or Kinesis anyway.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

for an Explorer will fall into either one of these.

3. a Lucid class would not be a branch in the explorers, she would be a class of her own like Zero, Beast Tamer or Kinesis anyway.
    for #3, if u had read my post in the first place, I was not referring to Lucid that could possibly be the 3rd branch instructor.
    I was referring to that girl who went to war w/ Mercedes, if you watched the video

Dual bladers had a completely different branch instructor, as for Canonneers, they had the same branch instructor.

and possibly this character could very well be frozen in ice, because all the elf tribe in maple were frozen in ice, that includes Lucid.

Now for #2. I have done some research myself, and Dual bow guns, bow and crossbow is indeed the only types of Arrow shooting weapons
    but imo for all we know, because most archers use Soul Arrows, they could very well bring out some type of wrist crap like Kinesis's weapon
    and call it a bow weapon rofl, my theory is based on Ishida from Bleach, the Quincy.

but you all have ur beliefs, and I have mine. If you think they wont come out, then okay cool, if they do, that's great too.

I understand people don't like new classes but to me, New classes are basically new characters into a Shounen Manga such as one piece or naruto
    which i find really interesting, that is why I like new classes.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

Catooolooo

for an Explorer will fall into either one of these.

for #3, if u had read my post in the first place, I was not referring to Lucid that could possibly be the 3rd branch instructor.
    I was referring to that girl who went to war w/ Mercedes, if you watched the video

Dual bladers had a completely different branch instructor, as for Canonneers, they had the same branch instructor.

and possibly this character could very well be frozen in ice, because all the elf tribe in maple were frozen in ice, that includes Lucid.

Now for #2. I have done some research myself, and Dual bow guns, bow and crossbow is indeed the only types of Arrow shooting weapons
    but imo for all we know, because most archers use Soul Arrows, they could very well bring out some type of wrist crap like Kinesis's weapon
    and call it a bow weapon rofl, my theory is based on Ishida from Bleach, the Quincy.

but you all have ur beliefs, and I have mine. If you think they wont come out, then okay cool, if they do, that's great too.

I understand people don't like new classes but to me, New classes are basically new characters into a Shounen Manga such as one piece or naruto
    which i find really interesting, that is why I like new classes.
    if you look at the explorers and their weapons, you know they are mostly basic main weapons that all explorers can use and all are based on real weapons (excluding wands of course). The only explorer that has a non made up, but specialty reserved main weapon is Canoneer but it's based on real canons, and DB's just use a secondary knife called a katara, with the main weapon being a basic dagger. if they had to make up some new kind of equipment like kinesis's Psy limiter for the main weapon and it operated like Ishida's Quincy powers, then it would by default not be an explorer. that would morelikely become a FriendStory character than an explorer.

You see, Explorers are basically what your average D&D/basic RPG characters are and would use what your average D&D/basic RPG characters would use. The other class family types in Maple use the crazyer things
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited December 2016

if you look at the explorers and their weapons, you know they are mostly basic main weapons that all explorers can use and all are based on real weapons (excluding wands of course). The only explorer that has a non made up, but specialty reserved main weapon is Canoneer but it's based on real canons, and DB's just use a secondary knife called a katara, with the main weapon being a basic dagger. if they had to make up some new kind of equipment like kinesis's Psy limiter for the main weapon and it operated like Ishida's Quincy powers, then it would by default not be an explorer. that would morelikely become a FriendStory character than an explorer.

You see, Explorers are basically what your average D&D/basic RPG characters are and would use what your average D&D/basic RPG characters would use. The other class family types in Maple use the crazyer things

okay, i get what u mean. surely there is something out there bowman related that is classical, just can't think of one right now, maybe i'll search it some more.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

:
    "okay, i get what u mean. surely there is something out there bowman related that is classical, just can't think of one right now, maybe i'll search it some more."
    Originally (in Beta), there were only 3 explorer branches: Warrior (melee), Magician (magic), and Bowman (ranged).
    If they had kept it that way, then "bowmen" could have been expanded to include non-arrow ranged weapons. However, once they introduced thieves that throw stars, and, much later, pirates that shoot guns, they locked bowmen to be strictly "bow".

Of course, a new class doesn't have to have a different weapon. They could just invent a third bowman branch that uses regular bows but has an entirely different skillset than bowmasters (just as Wind Archers do). But after all these years, I really don't see that happening.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2017
    can this bowmen also get butterfly wings like Lucid? The wings should be able to make shockwaves
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Unfortunately...the elf that goes with Mercedes is Danika, who really is just part of the Mercedes questline as one of the Chief elves or w/e...so I don't think she will become her own class :T
  • ShirtShirt
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2017
    funny thing that this comes up now because I was thinking about another bowman class during vacation
    The general outline I thought of would be to actually have a class based off of using the bow directly as a weapon and not just a medium to fire arrows. For the specifics, I envisioned mid-ranged, low animation time (idk how else to say that lol) skills from all job advancements that you would all use even in fifth job. So for example, one skill would be enlarging the bow and striking it down like Aran's normal ctrl attack except bigger and less downtime.
    idk just a thought
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    @Shirt interesting...kinda like when you watch an archer smack people with their bow when they run out of arrows.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    @Shirt one idea that i get is from this video that Dray86 made in the past, the bowman beying malee.
    The battle start at 8:32, and in 10:29 he start using his bow like a malee weapon

I just don't know how exactaly a bowman could work properly, certainly would be unique to be a ranged and malee. I think it would work more like jayce in League of Legends, how he get this bonus damage when he switch form(male to range or vice versa), and he can't focus on only one mode overall.(the class could get a bonus damage from switching that last a certain time.
  • NonxenNonxen
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2017
    @Shirt you mean like...Battle Bow? But a bowman using close combat skills, isn't that the idea of Mercedes?
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Wouldn't a battle archer use a dagger for melee attacks like a asassin.
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    Lucid = New Madara of Naruto. Eternal Tsukiyomi LOL
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    That's definitely not it.

But am I surprised if there is a third path for archers? Absolutely not. In fact, I am pretty certain that they will release one when the time comes. Because let's face it, majority of us never expected an actual warrior Resistance class. Also, the whole notion of a new class needs to use new weapon is just nonsensical. Wands and Staff are spread across/interchangeable between 6 classes.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @ShiroiSenkou , the reason Nexon always gives new classes new weapons is to force us to cube new gear for them.
    Where's the profit in a new class that uses old weapons? PSoK's aren't nearly as profitable as Cubes.
This discussion has been closed.