[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Years Store

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited January 2017 in General Chat
My god.. I can't believe that so many people thought the shop was going to be open during their timezone's time and not during server time.
The countdown timer was running on server time too, so it's kind of your fault for zipping in and out of the map and not checking the timer.
lol.
Good thing I didn't read the announcement by OneLetter since I haven't been on these forums for 3 weeks or else I would've been screwed over too :|
Anyways, to those who missed the shop: You didn't miss much because the trait items and Onyx Apples were unbuyable (at least for me they were) and the Explorer Hair and Face Coupons don't work on Beast Tamer. The only good thing in the shop was the five 30-minute 3x EXP coupons.
GG. You got Nexon'd :^)
JettLuvsU

Comments

• RagonDiconRagonDicon
    Reactions: 340
    edited January 2017
    they listed it in USA time zones.... so yes we thought it would be in our time zones since thats what they listed it as
  • RlySrsRlySrs
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    What are you talking about? The original times listed were:
    PST: Sunday, January 1, 2017 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM
    EST: Sunday, January 1, 2017 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM
    CET: Sunday, January 1, 2017 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
    AEDT: Sunday, January 1, 2017 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

People were complaining about nexon opening the shop at the wrong time AND closing it right before it was supposed to open. The shop was open at 2:59 AM est, but was closed at 3 AM est. Also, I couldn't buy anything when I visited the shop. Nexon even admitted they screwed up and opened the shop before the listed times.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    They opened the map early and then closed it making anyone who accepted the quest and went in before the time said could not go back in.
    Scummy as **** to do.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2017
    Given the mass amount of players attending the event and stocking only a limited quantity of items in the shop, I was half expecting "Black Friday 2.0: Blink and they are gone!"
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    RlySrs
    RlySrs said:

People were complaining about nexon opening the shop at the wrong time AND closing it right before it was supposed to open. The shop was open at 2:59 AM est, but was closed at 3 AM est. Also, I couldn't buy anything when I visited the shop. Nexon even admitted they screwed up and opened the shop before the listed times.
    they also posted at 12am pst on facebook the shop is now open!

Just a terrible case of miscommunication, no biggie. They'll more than likely do something when they get back in office. maybe the extra day of 2x exp is the compensation?
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

RlySrs
    RlySrs said:

they also posted at 12am pst on facebook the shop is now open!

Just a terrible case of miscommunication, no biggie. They'll more than likely do something when they get back in office. maybe the extra day of 2x exp is the compensation?
    yeah knowing nexon, probably. Best part that they didn't even notify anyone there was 2x.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    what an inconvenience...