[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is Maplestory dailies getting out of hand?

PrizkillaPrizkilla
Reactions: 555
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Don't get me wrong, I love dailies. But recently nexon has been adding way to much dailies to do on daily basis.
As a level 211 aran with 1mil clean range.
Here is what my day consist of:

Daily bosses (40min) (Normal zakum with 3 mules)
Lake of oblivion daily (20min)
Hungry Muto PQ (30min)
DIPQ (30min)
RA daily with guildies (10min)
Play V reward (2 hours grind & an hour afking)
Yu garden (10-25min)
Ursus if the area is active (30min)
CPQ + Solo (30min)

That is 5 hours by just doing dailies.
I make about 120mil per day doing these dailies (If nobody tries Ursus)
While a non meso farmed Kanna make about 500m in 5 hours.
Isn't this wrong? I really wish high level mobs dropped more mesos & nexon did not force a kanna upon us to stay strongest in the game.
5 Hours is way to much for dailies and gets tiring everyday.

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    You aren't forced to do all of this and when you get funded everything gets done a lot quicker naturally. I do all bosses, hungry muto pq, lake dailys all in 20-30 mins. That's just me and I go through it quickly and efficiently. The play V reward is really the only time consuming thing.
    JettLuvsU
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited January 2017
    Peep
    Peep said:

You aren't forced to do all of this and when you get funded everything gets done a lot quicker naturally. I do all bosses, hungry muto pq, lake dailys all in 20-30 mins. That's just me and I go through it quickly and efficiently. The play V reward is really the only time consuming thing.
    Sadly not everyone can afford a 50bil hyper rock(I'm assuming that's how you can finish all that in such a short time). Not to mention, you have probably spent a high amount of $ or mesos funding your character to also be able to defeat all the bosses so quickly. I agree with OP, it seems that there are way too many dailies to make money, but the rewards aren't worth the amount of time it takes the AVERAGE mapler. And I'm a funded player, I can't imagine how average players push through dailies every day. The struggle must be super real.
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Honestly I just collect event boxes, HT, PB, then the arcane river stuff. All that never takes more than half an hour
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited January 2017

it takes like 5~7 hours to do dailies on a 400k range character without perma hypertelerock at least for me
    zakum>ranma>leon>htail>pbean>hilla>magnuz>rabyss>gollux>commercy>alishan>events i dont do anything else cause i dont like the rewards

i dont do yu garden or dipq not sure what cpq stands for but i guess i dont do that either and not a clue about hungry muto aswell
    but you can add ursus and empress if you can solo somehow at 400k

now with the new stuff "5th" related you have to grind even more oh not sure if its already in game but you can buy items in the cash shop to get your "5th" stuff faster i find that really greedy but okay nobody cares... cough frenzy totem... cough

it its a big list of stuff to do imo but its not bad if you like repetitive gameplay and the endeless grind this game forces you to do

by the way reallly nexon? no one can type with colored font anymore? and not even avatars aswell?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    if you choose to do all this, i mean that's kinda your choice, personally i've been doing only the arcane river related dailies, as right now arcane force is a lot more important than the other dailies we currently have.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited January 2017
    i'm just going to do Play V event for a whole month lmao....
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    I don't think so.

I personally like having a lot of content to do to keep me busy.

• DeadlyCodeDeadlyCode
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017
    Turning into a blade and soul lol
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I say kick back a little and relax about it. All I make sure do daily right now is arcane power stuff out there in the new 5th job area. That matters the most to me, personally. All else is a matter of "do i have the time/desire to do that today?"

The game is a lot more enjoyable if you just give somewhat less of a damn about being in a hurry for everything. Time-sensitive events are a different story...but it's not all that big of a deal taking a few weeks or even months to get to a goal, unless you are one of those impatient types who just have to have it and I mean yesterday. Think back to the old days (if you played that long ago) when it took months to get to 200, no matter how you sliced it or how many 2x cards you purchased. If this game has taught me one thing, it's patience.
    YinYangX
  • xsuperDxsuperD
    Reactions: 210
    edited January 2017
    Its not getting out of hand. No one is forcing you to do all that.
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    Reactions: 555
    edited January 2017
    I'm fully aware that I don't need them all, but i'm not playing casually.
    For those who take Maplestory seriously have tons of dailies with terrible meso rewards compared to go zombie mode on a Kanna, thats my point here.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    your dedication is admirable and keeping maple alive!

kanna isn't always needed and only high level ones are in greater demand during events.
  • deadend5193deadend5193
    Reactions: 570
    edited January 2017
    IMO Kanna should have been nerfed when there was the chance. Players without it are at a huge disadvantage. And there are definitely too many daily quests now.. But you don't have to do all of them either--Some of them like CPQ (is that C for commerci?) aren't necessary now that Hungry Muto gives more EXP and is quicker to complete.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    deadend5193

: "IMO Kanna should have been nerfed when there was the chance. Players without it are at a huge disadvantage. And there are definitely too many daily quests now.. But you don't have to do all of them either--Some of them like CPQ (is that C for commerci?) aren't necessary now that Hungry Muto gives more EXP and is quicker to complete."
    Kanna has been nerfed badly. But it's still better than training without one. Especially since now maps can't be "glitched", so it's either buy a hideously expensive Frenzy Totem, drag a Kanna along, or train at snail's pace.

But anyway the Kanna grind that OP is talking about is meso-farming at Blackgate on a Kanna character, which is the most effective way to make meso in Reboot, and probably the most boring way too, if you didn't have to fight off KS'ers every once in a while.

And people do CPQ for the Sweetwater equipment, not for exp.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited January 2017
    To be honest, the only time dailies ever become a pain is when the servers are lagging to the point of crashing.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Booberpuppy

I say kick back a little and relax about it. All I make sure do daily right now is arcane power stuff out there in the new 5th job area. That matters the most to me, personally. All else is a matter of "do i have the time/desire to do that today?"

The game is a lot more enjoyable if you just give somewhat less of a damn about being in a hurry for everything. Time-sensitive events are a different story...but it's not all that big of a deal taking a few weeks or even months to get to a goal, unless you are one of those impatient types who just have to have it and I mean yesterday. Think back to the old days (if you played that long ago) when it took months to get to 200, no matter how you sliced it or how many 2x cards you purchased. If this game has taught me one thing, it's patience.
    #ripjumpquests xp xp xp
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited January 2017
    daily gp and symbols :D
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2017
    Don't forget to also consider regional dailies from Haven, Corrupt World Tree, Lachelein(?), and Kritias.

While dailies do allow us to "cherry pick" how we spend our time in MS outside of grinding, their steep opportunity cost makes any rewards seem underwhelming.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2017
    Everyone has different dailies though. And they might change a bit based on how much time you have on your hand. You can always decide not to do all of those things every day ^__^

• HASUEHASHASUEHAS
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    Wow making money in a MMO actually takes time? poor you! this sure is getting out of hand maybe nexon should just give everyone unlimited money so they don't have to do all of this amirite, while they're at it maybe also give everyone instant level 250s because its getting out of hand how long it takes to level to 250!