[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Lucid's Past [3rd branch archer?!]

Comments

• ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    @AKradian

That's kinda true. But I would still like to leave that possibility open, even if it's a small one.

Off-topic: Funny, I was writing about how the SW transpose mechanics being one of the healthier game mechanic and Fafnir weapon is about to become obsolete in the suggestion section... Until I see your post.

• ArbyArby
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    :
    "okay, i get what u mean. surely there is something out there bowman related that is classical, just can't think of one right now, maybe i'll search it some more."

Originally (in Beta), there were only 3 explorer branches: Warrior (melee), Magician (magic), and Bowman (ranged).
    If they had kept it that way, then "bowmen" could have been expanded to include non-arrow ranged weapons. However, once they introduced thieves that throw stars, and, much later, pirates that shoot guns, they locked bowmen to be strictly "bow".

Of course, a new class doesn't have to have a different weapon. They could just invent a third bowman branch that uses regular bows but has an entirely different skillset than bowmasters (just as Wind Archers do). But after all these years, I really don't see that happening.

Eh, normally I would agree with you, but I think there may still be an opening. I would like to point out that the weapons that the pirates use are all *pistols*. I've not seen any long-barreled weapons being used by pirates. This still leaves long-range rifles, which is ultimately what the logical progression for bow weapons in my opinion. There's a lot that could be done with them, such as regular rifles and/or automatic rifles for 3rd class bowman. You can do something like plasma rifles for Nova. Sengoku? Flint-lock w/ bayonet. (I'm personally thinking that scrapped character in one of the newer Sengoku quest lines.) That's three RIGHT THERE that all would be along the same kind of behavior as current bowmen. Hell, you can probably bring in another and give 'em shotguns. Who knows? The possibilities are wide open if rifles are designated as a bowmen weapon.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2017
    Please don't necro-bump month old threads. It's against the forum Code of Conduct.

If you would like to revisit the topic or have an idea for a 3rd branch archer class; by all means, start a new discussion in the Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests section.
This discussion has been closed.