[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

How did MapleStory Win MMOsite's 2016 award

TubaTuba
Reactions: 3,175
edited January 2017 in General Chat
We’re excited to announce that MapleStory was rated “Most Classic”, ”Best Expansion” and “Best Community” in the “Client Games” category of MMOsite’s 2016 Reader’s Choice Awards!

“Best Community”

HAHAHAHAHAH! When you put more money into rigging awards rather than hiring coders and game developers.

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    The power of Lucid banner art.
    JettLuvsU
  • EhhThingEhhThing
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited January 2017
    You took the words out of my mouth!

"Best Community"
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Best community? If you compare to LoL and those...yes, Maple has the best community, compare to FFXIV and good games(Someone told me Overwatch community is good, never played personally so I can't say)...Maple got nothing on that.
    Lair
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    rigged af
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2017
    Yandere Dev can manage his game better than the whole staff of Maplestory.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    Maybe it won because a couple dozen salty people don't speak for the game's community as a whole? Maybe because it was open to all regional services of the game? Maybe it wasn't exclusively referring to GMS? Maybe other regions aren't so quick to lambaste their version's staff for every single minor inconvenience?

The list goes on and on, really. And I just can't wait for Tuba and the other usual suspects to sit here and pick apart my post for defending Nexon against all of the horrible, vile crimes against humanity and nature they obviously commit on a daily basis. I await the replies that are riddled with, as usual, various accusations of my being in Nexon's employ, combined with, yet again, apparent shock and disbelief that not everyone thinks the same as they do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, nice hyperbole there Dax. Yandere Simulator is in no way on the same scale as maple. You know that, I know that, EVERYONE knows that. It's nothing more than grasping at straws to even THINK to compare a small indie game to a 14-year-old MMO that gets a new major content update twice yearly, and has six different regions who all contribute their own content to the game. And honestly? It's getting tiresome seeing you prattle on about yandere this and yandere that in many of your posts. We get it. You like anime high school girls. Put it to bed already.
    Its2Sharp4UQilbyJettLuvsULair
  • TubaTuba
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine

Maybe it won because a couple dozen salty people don't speak for the game's community as a whole? Maybe because it was open to all regional services of the game? Maybe it wasn't exclusively referring to GMS? Maybe other regions aren't so quick to lambaste their version's staff for every single minor inconvenience?

The list goes on and on, really. And I just can't wait for Tuba and the other usual suspects to sit here and pick apart my post for defending Nexon against all of the horrible, vile crimes against humanity and nature they obviously commit on a daily basis. I await the replies that are riddled with, as usual, various accusations of my being in Nexon's employ, combined with, yet again, apparent shock and disbelief that not everyone thinks the same as they do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, nice hyperbole there Dax. Yandere Simulator is in no way on the same scale as maple. You know that, I know that, EVERYONE knows that. It's nothing more than grasping at straws to even THINK to compare a small indie game to a 14-year-old MMO that gets a new major content update twice yearly, and has six different regions who all contribute their own content to the game. And honestly? It's getting tiresome seeing you prattle on about yandere this and yandere that in many of your posts. We get it. You like anime high school girls. Put it to bed already.

Ok sorry I had to pop a few Xanax before replying.
    To say "a dozen people" don't speak for the game's community is a literal understatement to the amount of people who are fed up with the people who manage this game and for someone like you who constantly kisses every employee's butt at this company and tries to justify all of the crap they do that usually ends up screwing over their players, (surprise time zone changes, getting rid of the old forums for absolutely no reason, unreasonably long extended patches w/ limited to no updates, bad communication to players) the list goes on and on darling, but for you to sit there once again to try to defend them it honestly doesn't surprise me. The game is so bugged and the tech team puts no effort into doing diddly squat to resolve things. This is partly because they are severely understaffed as you can see, which they SHOULDN’T be with how much money they make every year, as glassdoor estimates the company makes about $1 to $2 billion (USD) per year. And the bug reports are piling up and very minimum bugs are being resolved. Also I’ve said this before many times as you probably have seen, but I’m really sick and tired of how you attack people on the forums and nothing is done about it.
    Who tf cares what Dax likes? If he likes yandere he likes yandere, get over it. I think you need to hop off my post because seeing your replies on any of my posts irks the hell out of me.
    Oh sorry if my reply is “threatening” @ any mods on here who want to pull that nonsense with me.
    PlasticHolly
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2017
    I mean, clearly a lot of people don't think the same as you, seeing as it won those awards.

Selective reading ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    QilbyLair
  • TubaTuba
    edited January 2017
    Aggraphine

I mean, clearly a lot of people don't think the same as you, seeing as it won those awards.

Selective reading ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ok lmao keep telling yourself that. Like I said in my post they probably used some of their $1b a year revenue to pay for an award online instead of hiring good coders. Anyone with a brain knows that this company doesn't make the best decisions. I'm not going to keep arguing with you over how they happened to get 1st place in the most unfitting categories, because that's like trying to explain to a feminist that the wage gap is a myth.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    How? Simple, really.
    Look into it more and you'll see it for yourself.
    It wasn't referring to just solely NA/EU but too all cliented versions.
    So i can bet you anything it was mainly due to KMS and CMS.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    I thought people were being sarcastic at first that it's rigged, but it seems some people actually believe it. And on the other hand people like Aggraphine actually believe the awards mean anything lmao.

The format of the contest was done by votes. A LoL player would vote his/her game in any category. Just like Maplestory fans would vote their fav game in any category their game was nominated. It's literally a popularity contest that can be voted by anyone from anywhere. Thus it has no meaning.

The only winner here is the clickbait site that now has a lot of ad revenue. Just look at the nominations and you'll realize how serious it is. No Man's Sky a MMO? Strife can be nominated as best MOBA? Even though S2 shut it down like a year ago because it was a fail LoL-rip off which then they sold HoN to Garena.
    ShiroiSenkouJettLuvsULair
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    genji123
    genji123 said:

The format of the contest was done by votes. A LoL player would vote his/her game in any category. Just like Maplestory fans would vote their fav game in any category their game was nominated. It's literally a popularity contest that can be voted by anyone from anywhere. Thus it has no meaning.
    Pretty much this.

If you look at the 2nd and 3rd place for all the categories, those game are fairly small comparing to MapleStory.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2017
    Genji, the awards may be meaningless, but it goes quite a ways to showing that the game and company aren't as universally reviled as certain people would like you to believe.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited January 2017
    Am i the only one waiting for the free gifts?
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited January 2017
    As this has turned into infighting about random assumptions, I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.