[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory crashes after clicking a region

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited January 2017 in Tech Support
Hey I updated maple today on my old laptop and when I clicked NA after the intro movie the game just crashed. I'm running Vista, can anyone help me?

Comments

• MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited January 2017
    Happens to me too, it just crashes after choosing a region, sometimes during the intro movie
  • DaemoniserDaemoniser
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited January 2017
    Same problem here. last thing i did was trying to talk with VIP eye lens npc at henesys, need help immediately...
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2017
    Same problem here as well.
    If I let the intro movie play completely through, I at least get through to server selection but not any further before the sreen fades black and MS closes.
    Tried using GameLauncher.exe, and through Nexon Launcher; tried different computers, the problem continues.
  • HikouaHikoua
    Reactions: 550
    edited January 2017
    same here, but first there was an different error about an ''software exception'' and some folders with .$$$ were created at my ms folder
  • yeendevyeendev
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited January 2017
    i am getting this error too :( i tried like 5 times...

Edit: Finally got in after trying like 10 times, its just random chance i guess...
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited January 2017
    Dreemurr said:

"i am getting this error too :( i tried like 5 times...

Edit: Finally got in after trying like 10 times, its just random chance i guess...
    "

True, I managed to get in after a few times trying, but today is happening the same thing. Guess I have to try another few times

• CKMagusCKMagus
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problem.
    Crashes after clicking a region.
    Chashes when you try to choose character
    If you manage to enter the game then at any time the game is paralyzed and crashed.
    IT'S A LUCK THAT YOU PLAY QUIET WELL.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    I got temporary solution for the region select screen and a permanent solution for this entire mess.

Temporary solution
    For the region select screen, simply just wait until the two boy and girl icon pop up or even an additional 1 or 2 minute before clicking on it. I know a lot of you guys just start spamming clicks during the intro scene, but this will cause the game to crash almost instantly EVERY TIME. As for the login screen..... I got no idea... Maybe use the Nexon launcher fixes it? I am not a fan of the Nexon launcher, so I don't know.

Permanent solution
    Quit this game until they fixes it. How many things they fked up since the V patch? Jewel crafting in the event hall, coin shop in the event hall and now this. Seriously, they need wake up call at this point. For me, I am taking the permanent solution for now. Peace
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    ShiroiSenkou

I got temporary solution for the region select screen and a permanent solution for this entire mess.

Temporary solution
    For the region select screen, simply just wait until the two boy and girl icon pop up or even an additional 1 or 2 minute before clicking on it. I know a lot of you guys just start spamming clicks during the intro scene, but this will cause the game to crash almost instantly EVERY TIME. As for the login screen..... I got no idea... Maybe use the Nexon launcher fixes it? I am not a fan of the Nexon launcher, so I don't know.

Permanent solution
    Quit this game until they fixes it. How many things they fked up since the V patch? Jewel crafting in the event hall, coin shop in the event hall and now this. Seriously, they need wake up call at this point. For me, I am taking the permanent solution for now. Peace
    Problem with your temporary solution - staying on that screen for too long causes the game to crash, or causes it to crash after a min or 2 after getting to the login screen.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2017
    Someone on our Reddit shard a video featuring a quick workaround solution. It worked for me the one time I tried logging in but could have just easily been a fluke.

https://youtu.be/e2BipXgPzTA
  • PeterNorthPeterNorth
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Have you tried to fully reinstall the game? You know, deleting all files related to it.
  • jkljkl
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    cant login to maplestory crashes when click on choose NA region server 1 time i got past it i was about to login and crashed before the game was about to open
  • OkumanOkuman
    Reactions: 340
    edited January 2017
    Still can't get on.
  • MJarmoMJarmo
    Reactions: 240
    edited January 2017
    Yea, and you won't be able to. You just have to try, sometimes MS runs with 1st shot, sometimes after 7 tries. The worst thing is, that Nexon doesn't want to take this problem seriously. I mean, they don't want to take the responsibility for errors, and they suggest to run MS in safe mode (run MS with no network connection?) or I heard, that I may defragmentate my hard disk... Why they really doesn't want to just say "yes, it's our fault, we will fix it". It's easier to blame players. Great game, that I know for about 12 years, but customer service and all about the running software after joining Global again, slowly destroys this game and make people leave. I hope next year, they won't get their MMO reward for what they do to players. customers, people here.
    jklCKMagus
  • TJsForumIDTJsForumID
    Reactions: 230
    edited January 2017
    My issue on my PC seems to have been a compatibility issue with Maple being played on a Solid State Drive. After deleting all evidence of Nexon on my PC, I then redirected all new download and installation destinations to my secondary Hard Disk Drive instead. This immediately corrected my problem and no more stability issues. I experimented with this fix because 3 of my gaming PC's all use SSD's and all experienced the same issue until I could no longer play at all. Only my gaming laptop worked good with maple and I couldn't figure it out until I realized the only difference with this one is that it had ONLY a standard Hard Disk Drive (no SSD).

All reinstallation attempts back onto the Solid State Drives resulted in Timeouts, Freezes, and complete Maple crashing. I know the issue is NOT my SSD because all 3 PC's have this issue and all other games work perfect with my SSD's, like STO and DFO. Only maple does not. I'm sure this will not fix everyone's PC, but I'm hoping that by sharing this info, it will at least help a few.