[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hackers taking over?

X3AngelX3Angel
Reactions: 500
edited January 2017 in General Chat
So a bunch of world records are held by hackers or botters. How do you even beat these?
-Removed-

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    If you believe someone to be hacking to obtain world records, feel free to report the suspicion to customer support via a ticket:
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us

If you catch them in-game, please report them using the in-game report function.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    Kinda expected...cuz like...75% or more of the events are easy for hackers to take over any legit player. (someone has hit cap for the damage record already on Reboot)
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I think we all knew what was going to happen with an event of this type way before it even started. However, I didn't think they would rub it in our faces by coding in an oversized notifier that overlaps all other vital functions and visuals whilst playing the game. That aspect irks me even more than the hacking.
  • X3AngelX3Angel
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    lol like reporting anyone actually does anything. so many botters everywhere
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited January 2017
    Petalmagic

Kinda expected...cuz like...75% or more of the events are easy for hackers to take over any legit player. (someone has hit cap for the damage record already on Reboot)
    that was done in black haven and anyone can do it, riding that machine thing, just that the first one that did it got credit for it, obviously not a well thought out event, just like the litterer one can only be done with v coins
  • HASUEHASHASUEHAS
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    ain't nobody taking over on these complete garbage servers
  • OlueOlue
    Reactions: 645
    edited January 2017
    Honestly it was a poorly thought out event. On paper this event seems fun and is something a player might get motivated for, but that is only if hackers weren't a thing. Of course getting rid of all the hackers is no easy task and shouldn't be expected, the volume of hackers atm meant these type of events just doesn't work. A milestone system where players have to reach a certain amount to get small but meaningful reward would have been better IMO.
  • PigggyPigggy
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    One question is there even any gm in games cause you as you can see most of them botted over level 230+ and still not banned
  • LinzyPinzyLinzyPinzy
    Reactions: 105
    edited January 2017
    I noticed a day ago.. someone had used 16k mount coupons... 10k damage skins....

I had to laugh pretty hard about that one. LOL ...

I hate the event, honestly, I really wanted to do the food truck one...but it has those awful Maplerunner controls... made me frustrated and stop trying. (Whats the point in that anyways>???)

Reading through some of the past posts... you guys have had it rough lately as far as customer service goes. You guys deserve a lot more for enduring that than some "hot day gifts" ...