[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we stop the 2x events?

EffortlessEffortless
Reactions: 1,580
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm sure many of us here aren't able to play due to those stupid events. Last weekend was probably the only weekend I was able to play in the past few months.

1. Stop doing 2x Events till servers get improved?40 votes
    1. Yes
       90% (36 votes)
    2. No
       10% (4 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    I gave up on my level (at 81%) cuz of three GM police DCs that cancelled my 2x drop buffs.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Please. I CAN'T do my V Play rewards when there is horrible lag and d/c every 5 minutes. ._.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    You have been kicked for the hack reason!

Why can't they just tell us

You have been kicked because our servers are lagging you!

Nexon pls.
    JettLuvsUDualLeafx3
  • awnkawnk
    Reactions: 230
    edited January 2017
    You know the game is in bad shape when even the players don't want 2x exp and drop...
    Dnaman101EternityMaxBahamut_X
  • sleepyguardsleepyguard
    Reactions: 665
    edited January 2017
    They should just issue items that give you 2x Exp and stack with other buffs instead of making the entire server 2x Exp. Let people train and grind when they want to instead of forcing everyone on at once, adding even more lag to the already almost unplayable lag and server stress.
    Dnaman101UserRed
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    I was at FES2 in Reboot just a little while ago, and in half the channels there is no activity on the map. From my understanding, that place is usually a total upside down and inside out zoo during 2X. You know there's a huge problem when such popular training areas are having cricket noises.
  • OlueOlue
    Reactions: 645
    edited January 2017
    Strange, I don't experience much lag during 2x or at anytime for that matter, and my internet is not very good. I'm almost convinced at this point that people just complain and rant about anything, whether it is legitimate or not, because they can get away with it due to the standards we set. Of course it could legitimately be that Nexon is to 100% blame and somehow I am the only one that escaped this whole lag problem, but I highly doubt it and I think it's more like people exaggerating a small issue that is easy to work around into an unsolvable, game breaking issue.
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Olue
    Olue said:

Strange, I don't experience much lag during 2x or at anytime for that matter, and my internet is not very good. I'm almost convinced at this point that people just complain and rant about anything, whether it is legitimate or not, because they can get away with it due to the standards we set. Of course it could legitimately be that Nexon is to 100% blame and somehow I am the only one that escaped this whole lag problem, but I highly doubt it and I think it's more like people exaggerating a small issue that is easy to work around into an unsolvable, game breaking issue.
    Do you live right next to Nexon HQ?
  • sleepyguardsleepyguard
    Reactions: 665
    edited January 2017
    Olue
    Olue said:

I think you actually are one of the few somehow getting around this, and you're ridiculously lucky. The game is so massively laggy that it makes playing basically impossible during 2x Exp. Think entire screens of monsters basically freezing and refusing to register that they've already been dealt enough damage to die, or the game not recognizing that you've hit the buttons to Pot/Buff/Attack/Etc, and you'll get the idea.

• RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited January 2017
    Lol, we don't even need 2x for the game to lag that bad anymore. The game was super laggy after reset yesterday and 2x wasn't in effect.
  • BrendiruBrendiru
    Reactions: 530
    edited January 2017
    This very last 2x is the worst by far. I wanted to level my kinesis (like 3-4 more levels for lvl 2 link skill) but I gave up after I literally couldn't use a single attacking skill. As I grabbed the mobs it wouldn't register it and rather than hitting, it kept grabbing the same mobs, lmao. I think it's time to just get some break from the game while this 2x event lasts.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    @Brendiru
    I have the exact same problem on my kinesis during the 2x. I can not use psychic grab AT ALL. Impossibru. I have to hang up and dial again later.

I honestly thought things would let up after the V hype passed, but people are still turning up in seemingly even larger quantities for these events and training. If it is going to remain this way for good now, they should really consider investing in a second reboot server.

Too bad that since people keep filling Nexon's coffers constantly by purchasing endless Premium Surprise Style Boxes, no matter how screwed up the one and only ridiculously overpopulated server is, that isn't going to happen because Nexon meets or exceeds quotas = no fks given. They can just continue to pretend like everything is "working as intended"
  • awnkawnk
    Reactions: 230
    edited January 2017
    Plus, the lag keeps everyone in the game longer. Think about it. Buffs are on a clock that just keep ticking regardless of lag. I think the same happens with the times that players are logged into the game. The longer you stay in the game, they get more traffic and such. Better for them.
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited January 2017
    UNPLAYABLE is the only way to describe this game right now. Whatever Nexon is or isn't doing is not working. So frustrating to get disconnected by maple police when its YOUR fault I'm lagging. Fix your game Nexon or GO HOME!
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    just give us 2x all day every day
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited January 2017
    thekenturah

UNPLAYABLE is the only way to describe this game right now.
    Id describe it as SICKENING x.x

• VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited January 2017
    Why has lag been permitted to last for about 2 months? Like what in the actual is wrong with this company? Are they this money starved to have a goddamn proper working game? Do they even have an inkling of a idea of what's going on; do they think they "yeah, guys we totally fixed the lag the last time we preformed the software updates on our systems! :DDDDD" ? Every time I report this lag to customer support, they just hit me with the "fix your connection" bullshit even though their whole player base is lagging. I bet they wouldn't be able to get a goddamn clue if 70% of the player base spammed them that they were lagging. LIKE HOLY DO I HAVE TO SUCK OFF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU GODDAMN MONKIES!? I WILL IF IT MEANS THAT I CAN COME HOME FROM A DAY OF WORK AND PLAY THIS STUPID ASS 2D GAME. I WILL SWALLOW GALLONS OF YOUR JUICES, PLEASE!
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Bump