[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So when will we get a new class this year?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I just came back after a few years of not playing, my second year. Which class should I get to 4th job first? I have a zero, demon slayer (4th job), demon avenger, mercedes, evan, spearman, blaster, shade, kaiser (already 4th job), angelic buster, hayato (4th job I think), and kana.

Comments

• Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited January 2017
    Nope 5th job skills coming next
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    No new classes planned for release, just more 5th job skills
  • VaazaVaaza
    Reactions: 425
    edited January 2017
    The only new class we hope to get this year is the Server class.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    KMS so far has not released any new classes this year. However, you can look forward to a whole slew of new 5th job skills (including skills specific to job groups and a Decent Holy Symbol skill), a revamp to Mu Lung Dojo featuring 22 new monsters and new systems to alter monster difficulty, a new source of cubes and other goodies replacing the character card and part-time job system with a strategic minigame known as "Maple Union", an expansion of Arcane River beyond Lachelein known as "Arcana" featuring the tagline "Only silence can free me", and complete revamps and reorganizations of both Kerning Mall and Omega Sector into brand-new theme dungeons.

The Kerning Mall (now Kerning Tower) and Omega Sector revamps are especially interesting; both are now higher (level 145+ for Kerning Tower and level 160+ for Omega Sector) content and feature brand-new storylines.
    Kerning Tower involves managing an idol group known as the Star Gemstones. There's new monsters, plus the return of older monsters (Spirit of Rock and the CDs).
    https://orangemushroom.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/star-gemstones.png
    Omega Sector involves the Mesorangers, who have been given new appearances beneath their helmets, getting shrunken and infiltrating a UFO piloted by an alien known as Dr. Gray. The Pink Mesoranger (named Rini) appears to be the main character focus (possessing the most character artwork and at least two cutscenes dedicated to her).

KMS only recently received the BEYOND: Union update (Omega Sector) and have yet to receive Arcana, so there's no information yet on what's yet to come. Although admittedly, the Arcana artwork I have seen (briefly in a few videos) looks absolutely beautiful.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

KMS so far has not released any new classes this year. However, you can look forward to a whole slew of new 5th job skills (including skills specific to job groups and a Decent Holy Symbol skill), a revamp to Mu Lung Dojo featuring 22 new monsters and new systems to alter monster difficulty, a new source of cubes and other goodies replacing the character card and part-time job system with a strategic minigame known as "Maple Union", an expansion of Arcane River beyond Lachelein known as "Arcana" featuring the tagline "Only silence can free me", and complete revamps and reorganizations of both Kerning Mall and Omega Sector into brand-new theme dungeons.

The Kerning Mall (now Kerning Tower) and Omega Sector revamps are especially interesting; both are now higher (level 145+ for Kerning Tower and level 160+ for Omega Sector) content and feature brand-new storylines.
    Kerning Tower involves managing an idol group known as the Star Gemstones. There's new monsters, plus the return of older monsters (Spirit of Rock and the CDs).
    https://orangemushroom.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/star-gemstones.png
    Omega Sector involves the Mesorangers, who have been given new appearances beneath their helmets, getting shrunken and infiltrating a UFO piloted by an alien known as Dr. Gray. The Pink Mesoranger (named Rini) appears to be the main character focus (possessing the most character artwork and at least two cutscenes dedicated to her).

KMS only recently received the BEYOND: Union update (Omega Sector) and have yet to receive Arcana, so there's no information yet on what's yet to come. Although admittedly, the Arcana artwork I have seen (briefly in a few videos) looks absolutely beautiful.
    What's this server class? And when is it coming out in kms? I don't like kenesis. I'm thinking of remaking a mahile again now that I have more free character slots. And is there anyone playing khaini? I'm looking for someone to anvil a raven persona for my phantom as I missed out on the hot time event when phantom first came out.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    What's the server class? And also, can anyone anvil me a raven persona? I missed out on phantom's hot time event. Thanks! I play in khaini server.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    And shade's female character creation looks better than the male.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

There should be LOTS of raven persona's to anvil, there was a recent event where you could get an untradeable one on every character and it was during an event where you could get free fusion anvils (tons of them), so there's probably quite a few floating around already anviled.
    Oh really? Where can I get these? And how much mesos do they cost?
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Oh, also, make a Dawn Warrior, provided they don't nerf them anytime soon (especially their 5th job skill), they're the most powerful thing in the game presently. They also have the largest variety of skills (not counting Phantom).
    Thanks!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @Dark20
    Server class? I'm not sure I understand. What I listed was new content; areas and area revamps, plus the new 5th job skills, which you can read about in detail here:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/01/04/kms-ver-1-2-270-maplestory-beyond-evolve/

Also, I do have a Raven Persona, but I'm on GRAZED, sorry. Perhaps see if you can farm the Play V event (star icon on the left-hand side, select the icon that looks like a girl's face) to obtain a free megaphone and then ask the server? You might get lucky, but you would need to activate 2 runes, enter one bounty hunter portal, and participate in an Elite Boss battle once, and the event may take a minimum of 2 hours.
    Also check the auction house (icon on the bottom of the screen shaped like 3 horizontal lines, then select "Auction House"), someone may be selling one.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Also forgot to mention, sometimes they're sold in event shops as well, so it might just be better to wait.
    I'm wondering if they have it in this year's new years coin shop? And where is it located?
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

@Dark20
    Server class? I'm not sure I understand. What I listed was new content; areas and area revamps, plus the new 5th job skills, which you can read about in detail here:

Also, I do have a Raven Persona, but I'm on GRAZED, sorry. Perhaps see if you can farm the Play V event (star icon on the left-hand side, select the icon that looks like a girl's face) to obtain a free megaphone and then ask the server? You might get lucky, but you would need to activate 2 runes, enter one bounty hunter portal, and participate in an Elite Boss battle once, and the event may take a minimum of 2 hours.
    Also check the auction house (icon on the bottom of the screen shaped like 3 horizontal lines, then select "Auction House"), someone may be selling one.
    Neospector

@Dark20

Okay thanks!
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    As for the evan mount quest, do I have to upgrade saddles every job advancement or do I just have to get it once for the entire evan job?
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    lol I think the guy that said "Server" class was joking. Probably a little dig at the server quality or something? Though when I first read it, I thought it was gonna be like a Maid/Butler class.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

lol I think the guy that said "Server" class was joking. Probably a little dig at the server quality or something? Though when I first read it, I thought it was gonna be like a Maid/Butler class.
    That's what I thought lol. If they had a female version it'd be a maid and a fan service character lol.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

No, there aren't any equips in the New Years event shop, mostly just chairs, damage skins and random bits. Usually in the spring/summer events they have equips, especially around the anniversary events. And some events have their own set equips, like the Homecoming Week event shop always has those Homecoming equips in it.
    Okay thanks! I'll wait til then.