[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MAP/NPC] Event Hall Lag

Comments

• Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2017
    I have no problem whatsoever on that map...no lag at all. Dunno...EMS here.
  • QuietAvianQuietAvian
    Reactions: 325
    edited January 2017
    Making the entire event pointless is what Nexon is doing, by refusing to move the NPC from the event hall as it's lagging people to point of unplayable. Having to literally fight the lag, so you can escape the map should be the event at this rate. A lot of people are unable to use the map, due to how it cripples the game down to 1fps. Either moving the NPC or converting the map to something less taxing, would significantly help make the time a lot more fun. Just we know in the end they don't honestly care about the event, since nothing has been done to fix the map or move said NPC out of that area.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    i am starting to believe that the coders never got words about this.
    they can't be that mindless.
    but again, they fixed this before...unless they are new...
  • SilentMelodySilentMelody
    Reactions: 420
    edited January 2017
    Hi, when I try to enter event hall, I start lagging and my screen freezes. After like five mins I DC.... Alot of other people got the same problem. Will nexon do something about it? I'd like to use my new year coins before event ends =\
  • SayjinxSayjinx
    Reactions: 750
    edited January 2017
    Hi, when I try to enter event hall, I start lagging and my screen freezes. After like five mins I DC.... Alot of other people got the same problem. Will nexon do something about it? I'd like to use my new year coins before event ends =\
    Unfortunately, fix is doubtful......it has been that way since mid-last year i think.

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2017
    MomTeresa wrote: »
    i am starting to believe that the coders never got words about this.
    they can't be that mindless.
    but again, they fixed this before...unless they are new...

It's still a known Issue and has been for a while now: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000052903-Known-Issues-with-1-18-Update

Neospector
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    "We know a lot of players can't enter event hall, so we put all coin shop npcs in there."
    JettLuvsU
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    Orblit wrote: »
    "We know a lot of players can't enter event hall, so we put all coin shop npcs in there."
    actually it's "We know a lot of players can't enter event hall, but we are too lazy to put the NPC's else where, so we put all coin shop NPC's in there."

I forgot there was even a coin event cause I swore to never enter the event hall by any means.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited January 2017
    They fixed it a few months ago by removing Mr Lee, remember?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Geminia wrote: »

I really hope nobody takes you seriously.
    Removing Mr. Lee did nothing to help the lag, and we do not want them removing him again for no purpose.
  • OlueOlue
    Reactions: 645
    edited January 2017
    I mean, how hard is it to put the coin shop at a town like Henesys? No matter how lazy the staffs are, they needed to put effort into putting the NPC into the event hall, so why not instead use that effort to put it in Henesys? It is still easily accessible through DM -> FriendStory/Alishan
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    If it is a known issue that completely halts most players from being able to participate in the event, then what is the only vendor doing in there? Without further information other than "we're looking in to it" knowing that they are full well aware of the consequences to us and what putting the NPCs in there will do to screw players out of participating, it looks like either sheer laziness or the deliberate trolling of players. We just want real answers instead of these blunt dismissals, Nexon.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited February 2017
    I have no lag issues in the event hall, maybe the problem is on your side. The last time a lot of people complained about event hall they removed my treasured mr lee. I love that island and plane ride and daily buff stop complaining! you will cause me sadness if you get mr lee taken away from me again lol
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    @ TerrorStreak - You're what is known as one of the lucky ones who won the PC components lottery and can enter without such trouble. The greater majority of the many people I know or have heard of on these forums and others have issues with it and either have to fight against insane lag to do anything in there, or lag so bad that they just D/C eventually. This is speaking for quite a lot of folks.

Compatibility programming is Nexon's responsibility. If they can't make the event hall work for everyone, or damn near everyone, then they should make these event NPCs sit external to the problem area like they did with the V coin store. It is not the player's fault.
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited February 2017
    iv had this problem for ages and now it goes full on lag.........cant do squat while in there and if you move from the portal you have to cnt/alt/delete to get out of the game. iv tried using the mins for gfx settings and even stripped my toon down to undies and same thing. cant do nothing at all there.
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited February 2017
    hey nexon when you going to fix the lag in the event hall????????????

iv had this problem for ages and now it goes full on lag.........cant do squat while in there and if you move from the portal you have to cnt/alt/delete to get out of the game. iv tried using the mins for grx settings and even strip my toon down to undies and same thing.
  • jkljkl
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    I cant do anything in event hall either when I go in its severe lag don't go too far away from the exit or it will take a half hour to get out
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited February 2017
    If it is a known issue that completely halts most players from being able to participate in the event, then what is the only vendor doing in there? Without further information other than "we're looking in to it" knowing that they are full well aware of the consequences to us and what putting the NPCs in there will do to screw players out of participating, it looks like either sheer laziness or the deliberate trolling of players. We just want real answers instead of these blunt dismissals, Nexon.

do YOU really THINK nexon gives a dam about the lag?ROFLOL. hell look at all the hackers they refuse to do anything about. see them all day long and such specially in black haven maps....get over it people they dont give a shet..........lolol
  • jkljkl
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    cant go in event hall time seems to slow down in there and severe lag
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Geminia wrote: »

I really hope nobody takes you seriously.
    Removing Mr. Lee did nothing to help the lag, and we do not want them removing him again for no purpose.

Oh I know. Just a jab at their incompetence.