[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Channels not popping up

TheKilzTheKilz
Reactions: 865
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
Launching the game works fine but when i click a server nothing happens!!!!!
  1. Anyone else experiencing this?32 votes
    1. Yes
       97% (31 votes)
    2. No
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• devildwarfdevildwarf
    Reactions: 1,305
    edited February 2017
    Same problem with Reboot and Renegade sever, but if you restart the client (or log out and back in) bera works but other worlds don't (for me atleast)

EDIT- as of 1min ago Reboot is now working for me.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Yep, I still cannot click on a world and it's been hours. I've restarted client and computer. Nothing.
  • NarpsNarps
    Reactions: 540
    edited February 2017
    I tried to login to Scania (no other characters on any other world other than Reboot) and when I pick a channel it says I'm already logged in, trying to login to Reboot does absolutely nothing, I've done this on both of my computers on two different accounts and the same results came up, this is getting ridiculous. No dailies before the reset because we still can't login and and when you do you crash 5 minutes later, pretty sure this is 90% of the playerbase.
    Kat27
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Seems like they half assed this new patch. They don't see how there's some coding that's gone wrong or the file that was written to replace the old files is incompatible.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited February 2017
    Was able to log in for a bit, couldn't leave a party for some reason so I tried logging out, couldn't get back in.
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited February 2017
    Bug type: Client

Brief bug summary: Nothing happens after you click your server name.

More details: Possibly an intermittent issue. I was able to log in and play prior to reset, but when relogging after reset was unable to select Reboot.

Before clicking server name, Reboot highlighted: http://i.imgur.com/wAI4MXC.jpg
    After clicking on Reboot, Reboot no longer highlights: http://i.imgur.com/YCTfuVm.jpg
    After clicking on Reboot, Scania highlights, but is not clickable: http://i.imgur.com/Ghxqgup.jpg

Prior to restarting the client and having this issue I was unable to teleport using the Hyper Teleport Rock, and had tried to enter the CS from Ardentmill with no response, and I was unable to change channels as well. A Town Return scroll did work.

Edit: Apparently I still show as logged in to others.

Steps to reproduce:
    Attempt to enter Cash Shop, when nothing happens restart client.
    Be unable to select a server.

Character name: KnofbathCygn
    Character level: 223
    Character job: Night Walker
    World name: Reboot
    Date and time of the incident: 02/01/2017 at 7:36pm EST
    TheKilzKat27
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    I was able to play a little while ago and when I got on they did a roll-back I was lvl 80 and dropped to 78.... zero compensation for my losses (wasted a good 40 minutes of grinding for nuffin) :(
    Sathu7
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    JUST NOW IT DCED ME AND FROM LVL 83 IT DROPPED ME TO LVL 79 THIS IS RIDICULOUS I SPENT ANOTHER HOUR GRINDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( IM NOT PLEASED NEXON!!!
    Sathu7
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Happened again... lost another lvl... ok Nexon im officially done with you.
  • Sathu7Sathu7
    Reactions: 305
    edited February 2017
    TheKilz wrote: »
    JUST NOW IT DCED ME AND FROM LVL 83 IT DROPPED ME TO LVL 79 THIS IS RIDICULOUS I SPENT ANOTHER HOUR GRINDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( IM NOT PLEASED NEXON!!!

Yes. I'm having similar problems where my progress doesn't get saved. I finished my Vanishing Journey daily quests, and when I returned to Nameless Town to turn the quest in, I got new quests to do instead. Couldn't even turn the original ones in to get my reward. My proof is the fact that I still have quest items in my inventory, but different quests to do this time. What gives?

Edit: Making a separate forum post for this, since it is irrelevant to the post at hand.

Edit 2: Concerning the post at hand, I'm also unable to choose a server & channel. I tried re-downloading the game, using GameLauncher.exe, and re-installing Nexon Launcher. I cannot pick a server as the server name's button becomes unclickable. To test this a bit further, I chose a server that is not mine (mine being Reboot), and the channel picking menu shows up. From there, I am unable to pick a channel.
    TheKilz
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Sathu7 wrote: »
    TheKilz wrote: »

Yes. I'm having similar problems where my progress doesn't get saved. I finished my Vanishing Journey daily quests, and when I returned to Nameless Town to turn the quest in, I got new quests to do instead. Couldn't even turn the original ones in to get my reward. My proof is the fact that I still have quest items in my inventory, but different quests to do this time. What gives?

Edit: Making a separate forum post for this, since it is irrelevant to the post at hand.

Ok! It's crazy what's going on.

• ShakeYaBootyShakeYaBooty
    Reactions: 460
    edited February 2017
    Same here, when I select my world or any other world nothing happens, it doesn't freezes tho, just nothing happens.
    I just put a shop and bought nx, it better be there when they fix this.
    P.S. I could play 2 hours ago, so this is recent.
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Same here, when I select my world or any other world nothing happens, it doesn't freezes tho, just nothing happens.
    I just put a shop and bought nx, it better be there when they fix this.
    P.S. I could play 2 hours ago, so this is recent.

Yah exactly!!