[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Annnnnd were back to (UNABLE TO CLICK SERVER)

Comments

• TheKilzTheKilz
    Reactions: 865
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Anory wrote: »
    I don't want to sound ungreateful, Nexon, but... A boost potion (untradeable) that doesn't work for characters over 200? Good thing I knew about it only AFTER I accepted the reward with my 200+ character...

Anyway, I've logged in fine for 2 minutes. After that, I kept dcing, tried again 4 times, and finally crashed.
    So... I'm guessing the maintenance was not very effective...
    Or is it because I have Windows 10? Are there any known solutions for people with this operating system?

You could see the items in your giftbox notifier before claiming them, you know.
    It says right there that the potion can't be used over level 200 and is untradeable. How is it Nexon's fault that you didn't bother to read?

As for the dc'ing issue, it's not an operating system issue. I have Windows 10 and have been logged in for over an hour with no issues. The game servers themselves are still broken, though, and if you disconnect once (which you are very likely to do if you change channel) you are pretty much doomed, judging by what I read here and on reddit.
    I concur, I was logged in fine after the update but I logged off to switch characters and then it just went to hell

Yup. (Cash me owsid howbow dah)

• TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    You could see the items in your giftbox notifier before claiming them, you know.
    It says right there that the potion can't be used over level 200 and is untradeable. How is it Nexon's fault that you didn't bother to read?

My apologies if my rant annoyed you so.
    As for the dc'ing issue, it's not an operating system issue. I have Windows 10 and have been logged in for over an hour with no issues. The game servers themselves are still broken, though, and if you disconnect once (which you are very likely to do if you change channel) you are pretty much doomed, judging by what I read here and on reddit.

I suspected that. My question about Windows 10 is not without reason though, considering many people complain about it being a bit of an enemy to MapleStory.
    Either way, I don't have much of an option aside from waiting. With a hot cuppa tea.

That's the spirit.

"All in due time."
    -Zilean
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Haijuro wrote: »
    The funny thing is, I was about to buy some NX this week for the first time in a while, but now seeing how unstable the game can become so suddenly I'm rethinking that decision. In fact I'll probably be taking a break for a bit, hopefully they'll get their [poop] together before I come back to it. I can't even tell if the comp items I claimed and exp I got today got lost, because I can't even log back in.

I actually had a gift card I got for Christmas that I was going to use for NX, but it won't work for some reason - last one did from the exact same bank, so I have no idea what the deal with that is. At least there isn't anything in the CS that I'm just dying to have this time. Seriously thinking of going back to EE.

• TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    To Nexon: Do you even lift bro?

Anory
  • BaconMmmBaconMmm
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2017
    Is this a joke? Was able to log in yesterday (and crash and have it tell me I this ID is already logged in), but today can't even select a world.
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Haijuro wrote: »
    The funny thing is, I was about to buy some NX this week for the first time in a while, but now seeing how unstable the game can become so suddenly I'm rethinking that decision. In fact I'll probably be taking a break for a bit, hopefully they'll get their [poop] together before I come back to it. I can't even tell if the comp items I claimed and exp I got today got lost, because I can't even log back in.

I actually had a gift card I got for Christmas that I was going to use for NX, but it won't work for some reason - last one did from the exact same bank, so I have no idea what the deal with that is. At least there isn't anything in the CS that I'm just dying to have this time. Seriously thinking of going back to EE.

Whats EE?

• NursebyNiteNursebyNite
    Reactions: 310
    edited February 2017
    Man Nexon is a piece of crap company, only thing this game has going for it for me is I've already invested a lot of TIME and MONEY (easily in the thousands). I swear this is one of the worst managed games I've ever seen. Get your crap together.

I was able to log in prior to the 5 hour maintenance or what ever you want to call that @#$! excuse of a maintenance.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017

My apologies if my rant annoyed you so.

I suspected that. My question about Windows 10 is not without reason though, considering many people complain about it being a bit of an enemy to MapleStory.
    Either way, I don't have much of an option aside from waiting. With a hot cuppa tea.

youre not wrong, as for compatibility maple is most compatible with windows 7

Anory
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    BaconMmm wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Was able to log in yesterday (and crash and have it tell me I this ID is already logged in), but today can't even select a world.

The server issue has been going on for a long time.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2017
    wow i finally got onto forum without getting forced signed off.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd the game is still laggy as hell.
  • AnoryAnory
    Reactions: 425
    edited February 2017
    youre not wrong, as for compatibility maple is most compatible with windows 7

Hmm... I think I'll go back to Windows 7 eventually, considering I only use Windows to play games that don't work under Linux, which is the OS I usually use for work.
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I would rather they shut everything down for a week and fix all the problems than have to "play" like this.
    AnoryRere
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Nishijima wrote: »
    I would rather they shut everything down for a week and fix all the problems than have to "play" like this.

lol maybe finals week. Just not this week ahha .
  • AnoryAnory
    edited February 2017

This was one of those infernal weeks one has in life occasionally, and the game is a scapegoat for me in times like these.
    Which is why I'm more annoyed and frustrated than usual by all this. In normal situations, I wouldn't be so vocal about it and I'd wait in silence, because I don't particularly like confrontations.
    So Nexon... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, fix the game. Even if it means doing a rollback.

TheKilz
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017

This was one of those infernal weeks one has in life occasionally, and the game is a scapegoat for me in times like these.
    Which is why I'm more annoyed and frustrated than usual by all this. In normal situations, I wouldn't be so vocal about it and I'd wait in silence, because I don't particularly like confrontations.
    So Nexon... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, fix the game. Even if it means doing a rollback.

Same & agreed!
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited February 2017
    ok i be try this over a hr and they no hope of try to log on the best thing i can do is wait a few day to they fix this
  • BaconMmmBaconMmm
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2017
    Is this just a Scania issue? Able to connect to other worlds.
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017

I think all.
  • AnoryAnory
    edited February 2017

Nope, it's generalized. I'm in the European server.
  • SayjinxSayjinx
    Reactions: 750
    edited February 2017
    well this explains why no one was on reboot server :/