[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Known Instability Issues - 2/2

SaygoSaygo
Reactions: 825
Administrator, Nexon
edited February 2017 in Vault
Hi Maplers,

We are aware that after today's unscheduled maintenance, some players are still experiencing server instability and disconnection issues. These issues include players not being able to select a world in the world selection screen, and "ID is already logged in" errors.

We are currently investigating these issues and will provide updates as soon as we have them.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Thanks for your patience.

-The MapleStory Team

Comments

• OverloaddOverloadd
    Reactions: 100
    edited February 2017
    my ninja back at it again with the white vans. hopefully we get it done before the weekend at this point
  • NursebyNiteNursebyNite
    Reactions: 310
    edited February 2017
    Where is the second round of compensation?!
    ALL my EXP 2x CARDs from the CASH SHOP are WASTING Away why you try getting your act together

- What server instability? You cant EVEN GET PASSED THE WORLD SELECTION!

- I DID REPAIR INSTALL; DELETE THE CRAP GAME AND REINSTALLED. Only thing left is for me to throw my computer out of the window.

PS. I have patience, you all just wasted it. No Joke.
    MS2005
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    Where is the second round of compensation?!
    ALL my EXP 2x CARDs from the CASH SHOP are WASTING Away why you try getting your act together

- What server instability? You cant EVEN GET PASSED THE WORLD SELECTION!

- I DID REPAIR INSTALL; DELETE THE CRAP GAME AND REINSTALLED. Only thing left is for me to throw my computer out of the window.

PS. I have patience, you all just wasted it. No Joke.

not getting passed world select is server instability. relax, it'll fix eventually

DreamWeaver
  • ToastMasterJToastMasterJ
    Reactions: 550
    edited February 2017
    I was able to log in and run the bosses, but did not grab the compensation box, hope it's still there when I log back in
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2017
    Saygo wrote: »
    Hi Maplers,

We are aware that after today's unscheduled maintenance, some players are still experiencing server instability and disconnection issues. These issues include players not being able to select a world in the world selection screen, and "ID is already logged in" errors.

We are currently investigating these issues and will provide updates as soon as we have them.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Thanks for your patience.

-The MapleStory Team

stop trying to downplay this, its not some players and you and we very well know this, it's everyone, the game hasn't been out of a state of instability since the V update and its just been a long series of issues such as this and everyone knows this is widespread. Whatever you are or aren't doing isn't helping. How could anyone with any level of professionalism patch this, test it, and not fix it and not recognize it wasn't fixed and then to come here and minimize it like it's a portion of us affected is blatantly dishonest
    TashieMingLeeNebulousViperLilyflowerPhantomMasterThiefPhantomsAria
  • myyybaadmyyybaad
    Reactions: 1,135
    edited February 2017
    Not even a fix for not receiving follow the lead skill by doing the trainers command quest and buying the pet snack from NX or maple reward shop please fix or announce it because you offer the pet package on cash shop and people might get frustrated not knowing they are wasting money not being able to equip 3 pets.
    come on guys get it together. Please don't say we are looking into this because you have been saying that since last year. False promises.
    TashieNebulousViperLilyflowerPhantomsAria
  • Gladius969Gladius969
    Reactions: 900
    edited February 2017
    To all those experiencing the problem with world selection, if you just select the world and then spam click on all the other ones eventually the channel selection will come up. Just don't get impatient. Still a huge fail on their part and it should have been solved sooner.
  • ToastMasterJToastMasterJ
    Reactions: 550
    edited February 2017
    I don't know if this will work for others, but this method is how I am able to play without disconnection or lag right now.

Start Maple with the OG launcher, select NA server try to log in, if it lets you great go play, if not however click exit at the log in screen and it should bring you back to the server choice screen.

Go to the Euro server and make a toon. Get the toon passed the tutorial, now log out, and go back to the NA server and try again. This entire time the launcher should never be shut down you should just be going back and forth between selection screens.

I ran into problems with this method when it came to switching characters for bossing, I got the log in error, but I went and played on Euro for about an hour and tried again and it let me back.

So once your in, if it works for you, just stick with one toon don't switch around, and also stay in window mode until your actually in game. I hope this helps you guys, I'm not computer savvy at all, I just stumbled upon this while trying to play.
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited February 2017
    hi guy i do not know if this gone to help u out of not but i just got pass the worlds section screen by Waited of 5 min to 10 min after that the channel section screen pop up i know it hard to believe this after all the comment i made today but this will work i try log off and on a few time to test it out and even time i did this i got pass it with no log in error but i did use the nexon launcher and not the maplestory one of some odd thing if u use that maplestory launcher u will not be able to log on but when i use the nexon launcher i was able to log on with easy
  • LazyKai120LazyKai120
    Reactions: 465
    edited February 2017
    Hi Maplers,

-The MapleStory Team

How about you guys fix the Trainers command quest? The fact that people are constantly throwing money at your company for content that is broken/glitched is like robbing us blind.You continue to add in 3 pet packages KNOWING that players can not complete the quest to use all 3 pets. Y'all have known about this issue for months now but refuse to fix it.
    Coldkila
  • Deadb4smileDeadb4smile
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    Demonluck wrote: »
    hi guy i do not know if this gone to help u out of not but i just got pass the worlds section screen by Waited of 5 min to 10 min after that the channel section screen pop up i know it hard to believe this after all the comment i made today but this will work i try log off and on a few time to test it out and even time i did this i got pass it with no log in error but i did use the nexon launcher and not the maplestory one of some odd thing if u use that maplestory launcher u will not be able to log on but when i use the nexon launcher i was able to log on with easy

I've tried this but it still kicks me off after the couple minute wait to put in my PIC @ character selection, basically if you just watch the beginning video instead of skipping it'll work.
  • MingLeeMingLee
    Reactions: 375
    edited February 2017
    stop trying to downplay this, its not some players and you and we very well know this, it's everyone, the game hasn't been out of a state of instability since the V update and its just been a long series of issues such as this and everyone knows this is widespread. Whatever you are or aren't doing isn't helping. How could anyone with any level of professionalism patch this, test it, and not fix it and not recognize it wasn't fixed and then to come here and minimize it like it's a portion of us affected is blatantly dishonest

Well said. This is literally exactly what I was coming to say. I realize you have to try and pretend your game is playable for some people to save your own face, but the fact that no one has been able to play this game for 3 solid days now is a blatant disregard for your loyal customers. Not only that, but the fact that you act as if it's a "portion" of the community experiencing these issues is a slap in the face to every person who plays this game. I have been playing MapleStory since it's original Beta release in like 2003 or 2004, and this is without a doubt the worst maintenance state I've ever seen this game in. Get your act together and do what's necessary to keep the game stable, whether it be hiring actual competent employees or weeding out the imbeciles providing the latest patches. You're destroying your player base each day this nonsense goes on.

For many of your players, MapleStory is a means of escaping daily stresses and allowing themselves to immerse in a world where they can be a part of a community and feel as though the company they sink hard earned money into is allocating that money in a way that's beneficial to them as a player. With your consistently laggy gameplay, disregard for glitched and important quests, and lack of swift acknowledgement of your core game issues (just to name a few,) you are making all of these people feel as though their monetary and otherwise loyal commitment to this game is unappreciated. Instead of fixing these issues, you throw 2x events and in-game "compensation" at people as if it's what your players want. It's an extremely bad look for you as a company. I for one, if given the chance, would vote to have the servers taken down for an extended period of time (even a week+) to have these core issues addressed and release a stable version of the game we've all grown up with and come to love over the years. Otherwise, just close down your game permanently and cut your losses. It's clear you've thrown in the towel long ago.
    RerePlasticHollyNebulousViperLilyflowerPhantomsAria
  • PlaySpencerPlaySpencer
    Reactions: 735
    edited February 2017
    Incompetent.
    The Definition: not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.
  • MineatMineat
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited February 2017
    LazyKai120 wrote: »
    Hi Maplers,

-The MapleStory Team

How about you guys fix the Trainers command quest? The fact that people are constantly throwing money at your company for content that is broken/glitched is like robbing us blind.You continue to add in 3 pet packages KNOWING that players can not complete the quest to use all 3 pets. Y'all have known about this issue for months now but refuse to fix it.

It shouldn't be broken! Most quests like that use the Cash Shop to complete it. When did this happen?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Demonluck wrote: »

I've tried this but it still kicks me off after the couple minute wait to put in my PIC @ character selection, basically if you just watch the beginning video instead of skipping it'll work.

For me it's the other way 'round. If I let the video play through to the end I'm guaranteed to crash. I must click to skip it.

It's a delicate issue of timing that depends on your hardware and possibly your connection to the servers, so it's different for everybody.
  • LazyKai120LazyKai120
    Reactions: 465
    edited February 2017
    Mineat wrote: »
    LazyKai120 wrote: »
    Hi Maplers,

-The MapleStory Team

It shouldn't be broken! Most quests like that use the Cash Shop to complete it. When did this happen?

Its been broken since mid december. Check the bug reporting section. There's multiple people(including myself) who have sent in tickets to these guys complaining about spending 15k nx and not being able to take advantage of the 3 pet skilll.

• krizz25dexdkrizz25dexd
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    guys , i sitll getting DC , your server broke after new patch
    just for mini event who nobody wants to play ..
  • FreexerFreexer
    Reactions: 415
    edited February 2017
    Some maplers, Scania is completely dead.
    PhantomsAria
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Luna channel 1 and 6 are offline since Sunday...

tSoGv.png
  • FattehBunnehFattehBunneh
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    i couldnt log onto maple. it keeps crashing after i typed my pin and the whole page just turned black. its my computers problem but i tried redownloading ms on both steam and game lancher but it still doesnt work. does anyone know any possible reasons for that?